Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
A new level of INSANITY!
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 16, 2014 01:14

It's a habit I have , going to the secondary market for shows that I already have seats for and seeing what is available. Today I am truely stunned. I went to viagogo to see what the Auckland show is doing, I have seats second row Keith side and 4th row catwalk Ron side. There are 12 seats A2 block , Ron Wood's side, no row or seat number, priced from $14,778.51 to $18,883.66* per ticket!!

Christ I could sell my tickets and fund all my other shows and everything coming up in Europe! What a joke! The only thing scarier than thinking some sick S.O.B is asking those prices is the scarier notion that some social climbing idiot may consider paying it! This is juswt beyond beleif.angry smiley

Re: A new level of INSANITY!
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 16, 2014 01:31

kahoosier
It's a habit I have , going to the secondary market for shows that I already have seats for and seeing what is available. Today I am truely stunned. I went to viagogo to see what the Auckland show is doing, I have seats second row Keith side and 4th row catwalk Ron side. There are 12 seats A2 block , Ron Wood's side, no row or seat number, priced from $14,778.51 to $18,883.66 per ticket!!

Christ I could sell my tickets and fund all my other shows and everything coming up in Europe! What a joke! The only thing scarier than thinking some sick S.O.B is asking those prices is the scarier notion that some social climbing idiot may consider paying it! This is just beyond beliefangry smiley

Bargain ! Take two I should, at that price !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-16 01:31 by paulywaul.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 16, 2014 01:36

Crazy indeed, although they can ask as much as they want, doesn't mean there are takers...I seem to remember that Seatwave showed the latest actual sales for the O2 shows last year and there was a bit of a difference, fortunately.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 16, 2014 01:44

$18,900 is cheaper though than those £12,700 tickets that were up for the Hyde Park concerts last year. I think they were diamond circle tickets with a leaflet, a cookie and a glass of cider included.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 16, 2014 03:16

gotdablouse
Crazy indeed, although they can ask as much as they want, doesn't mean there are takers...

THIS is the point. They just quote those prices to bump up the prices of their OTHER, less-expensive tix. It's just a "this is a hot ticket" statement.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 16, 2014 08:30

Stoneage
$18,900 is cheaper though than those £12,700 tickets that were up for the Hyde Park concerts last year. I think they were diamond circle tickets with a leaflet, a cookie and a glass of cider included.

wait, you got a cookie AND a glass of cider for that price?!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 16, 2014 08:37

Stoneage

HURRAY! Ticket prices are falling (wait another 74 years and everybody will be able to afford tickets)

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 16, 2014 09:24

Try buying a new car.

Re: Auckland Rolling Stones show and travel info
Date: January 27, 2014 20:39

Well bugger me, everyone was right, when I discovered that:

"There are 12 seats A2 block , Ron Wood's side, no row or seat number, priced from $14,778.51 to $18,883.66* per ticket!!"

People said that they would not sell at those prices and they are sooooo right.Here we are 12 days later AND THEY WANT $18000 TO $23000....

Ok besides just being @#$%& all insane , what is the rationale behind taking an unrealistically priced ticket that does not sell and increasing the price?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 30, 2014 00:11

I am psyched to be meeting up with Kahoosier for this show! winking smiley I'm grateful for glimmers of having a "charmed life"

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 30, 2014 00:34

LQ - it's been too long!! You'll have a blast - but we also hope to see you in Europe before too long thumbs up

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 30, 2014 03:44

Stoneage

Thats what seals the deal in many cases. Certainly explains adding a couple of zeroes to the asking price.

Those kind of must-have accessories just dont grow on trees you know.

Posted by: drewski ()
Date: February 1, 2014 09:08

Hmmmm, has everyone seen? frontier selling their way over the top tickets they couldn't sell for their VIP packages at 1k next Tuesday....for 400 Damn.....

Date: February 1, 2014 23:15

Well there is the Glimmer party on the 4th and Bobby Keyes that night...but where is everyone meeting the day of the show? I imagine a bar in Britomart area near the public transport to the show ...but is anyone thinking that far ahead?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 5, 2014 12:01

Beast
LQ - it's been too long!! You'll have a blast - but we also hope to see you in Europe before too long thumbs up

Yes, Beast! I will hope to see you this summer....tho NZ would be better if you were there too winking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 5, 2014 17:46

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 21:24 by colonial.

Posted by: gistickeny ()
Date: February 27, 2014 04:34

Hey everyone,

I am new to the group, but have read the thread. My apologies as I know this question has been asked, and answered. However, I have to admit I am still confused….I was wondering what the verdict was on seating (is it better to have a high number, what side, etc…)

My ticket is section A2, row AA, seat 16. I was part of the lucky few to get the expensive ticket for $400 (insurance extra $20) or so…

Can anyone tell me who's side I am on, and just how close I will be?

Thanks!!!!

Date: February 27, 2014 08:22

As I understand , section A2, you will be in the first block Rinnie's side of the catwalk. You will be 16 seats in from the catwalk. AA...there is the stumble, I am not sure how many rows there are, so either you are front row ( which I would hope that you know) or the 27th if it is A, B, C....z, AA

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: February 27, 2014 09:15

AA is 27th sadly.

Date: March 1, 2014 23:04

And there are 1-22 seats in each block. Wow thought AA was front and that these peeps got lucky? 27 rows down...damn..will stick with my row D then! Hey does anyone know whether we collect package goodies from the ticket stiles or will they be sat on our seats...where anyone could grab them!

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 2, 2014 00:05

With the reported high stage you may see better 27 rows back.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:10

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-15 20:33 by colonial.

Date: March 8, 2014 03:35

You said it colonel! Bring it! It's also a week before I get hitched so even better way to kick off festivities!

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:41

Hey all I am based in Singapore but flying down for the NZ show…would love to get my hands on two tix Keef side..have about 400 USD per ticket to pay…any IORR know of people looking to sell? I am hoping just to get in with a decent seat but don't want to get killed thanks

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: March 14, 2014 22:12

Boston Bob still tickets avai ticketmaster NZ now in B6 B5 $400 each end of runway .A couple of weeks ago you could have got in AI easy as they where flogging the VIPS they had not sold, otherwise try Trademe site nz good luck.

Date: March 15, 2014 07:59

thanks shall do…i have tried ticket master but they keep showing Keith side but in the corner only and even then it is hard to discern where in the sec ion it is…...i figure i will call them on Monday.

Date: March 17, 2014 06:40

Scored a pair via ticketmaster 395 NZ each for B5 row J ..thanks for the tip i think that is a decent price considering lessor seats are on the resale websites for significantly more…can't wait!

Date: March 18, 2014 20:15

Hope all you out of towners have travel insurance.... This sucks.....
[www.nzherald.co.nz]

Postponed...no new dates

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:19

But "postponed" rather than "canceled" means there WILL be new dates when they've had a chance to arrange them. Yes, it does suck that people will lose money, no argument there, but it also comes under the heading of "one of those things"--surely the postponement is understandable?

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:44

The separate Bobby Keys gig in Auckland is probably off too.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home