Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Auckland Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 17, 2013 23:28

Rockman..hey mate got a ticket best available at the time Section B1 a few rows back straight view of the stage..hey im cool with that

Hey Yeah good on ya colonial .... that's great news ...
You cheer real LOUD now won't ya when ya hear Mick, the drums and those dirty guitars

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: December 18, 2013 00:47

Anybody with print-at-home able to print their tickets yet? Doesn't work for me.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 21, 2013 01:30

I am sure this is answered somewhere but I can't find it. The A1 and A2 block are how many chairs across? And do the numbers on the seats go up or down as you approach the cat walk? I have a row 2 seat 23 in A1 , which I am pretty sure puts me close to the cat walk...but I also have A2 row 4 seat 4....I am thinking that row 2 vs row 4 isn't that big a deal...but if one is next to the catwalk that makes the difference. The one I don't use is going to a friend/ fan flying in from Chicago winking smiley

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: December 21, 2013 04:46

Kahoosier i rang ticketmaster and the seats nos are running left to right so your 4th row seat is pretty well on the catwalk,iam in B1 row c 3 so pleased i am closest to B2 side.

Date: December 21, 2013 06:20

Left to right a1 side

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 21, 2013 15:31

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-17 22:32 by colonial.

Date: December 23, 2013 12:59

Says on ticketmaster there is a delay in printing and delivery of the tickets ,could be weeks away. They are doing this to reduce people reselling and also to flog more package deals.

Date: December 27, 2013 00:14

Sorry guys but I'm not used to attending concerts in NZ...I'm worried since my dad's name is printed on my ticket under "purchaser" as he bought it - but I want to go. Is this possible anyways? Or is it a personalisation and only people printed on the ticket can access? With ID?

Did someone buy more than one ticket? Is the same name printed on the tickets as "purchaser"? That'd proof it's not a personalisation.

Thanks! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-27 00:14 by Karlos123.

Date: December 27, 2013 02:02

Have you got tickets delivered already they have not been sent out ,tickets dont have a name printed on actual ticket ,only a aprob if you had to collect tickets from an outlet they would wont to see id an same credit card as purchased with ,.

Date: December 27, 2013 11:21

I got a TicketFast-pdf-ticket.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 27, 2013 13:05

I live in New Zealand Karlos123, we don't produce an iD, just the ticket. Good for you

Date: December 27, 2013 13:37

Thanks! That's great. Still I don't know why the purchaser of the ticket is printed on it, but if I don't need to show any ID, just the ticket, I'll be fine! smiling smiley

Date: January 4, 2014 04:10

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 21:36 by colonial.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: January 4, 2014 06:00

Karlos123
Thanks! That's great. Still I don't know why the purchaser of the ticket is printed on it, but if I don't need to show any ID, just the ticket, I'll be fine! smiling smiley
I print out all of my tickets for gigs, never been asked for my id. You'll be sweet.

Date: January 8, 2014 12:34

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 21:34 by colonial.

Posted by: drewski ()
Date: January 9, 2014 12:15

Re: Kahoosier and pjb..And to clarify accurate seat numbers for the Auckland Show.
I am also in block A1 and secured what I thought were great seats being row D seats 1 & 2 to be near Mick coming down the catwalk.

As you can imagine, I secured these in the presale and usually these are the best of the best being made available first. I could have had row A seats 3 and 4 in A1 but decided against it as I wanted to be close to the catwalk....
I am absolutely guttttttttted to hear that when I called TM just after Xmas, they mentioned that the seat numbers are running from RIGHT to LEFT!!!! That is facing the stage - seat 1 is on the far right of each block meaning Kahoosier you have the best of both worlds!!. I wondered whether the CS representative on the phone actually knew what he was talking about, but he confirmed with his supervisor that the seats are running Right to Left. I figured this was unfair considering the best closest seats are usually sold first, then it spaces out either side from the middle... Apparently not.... Not happy as I bought these tickets within 5-10 mins of the presale.I can only hope that TM did not know what they were talking about or were talking as if facing out from the stage. Can anyone else confirm here or not?

Also, does anyone know when we receive our 'Packages' tickets?

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: January 10, 2014 12:15

Drewski, its normal for the numbers to start at the aisle hence the closer you get to the catwalk the higher the number. Thankfully I have a high number in Row A on Keiths side.

Auckland package release date is unconfirmed yet. Maybe on 3rd March like some in Aussie but probably much later.
Cheers
Richard

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: January 10, 2014 12:39

Hi guys,

I'm pretty excited about going to see the Stones for the first time in 20 years here in Adelaide, and the stadium seems to be laid out the same as Auckland.
Ticketek and Frontier are not able to tell me, but maybe someone here knows how it works, as far as exact seating position?

I have row T seats 20 and 21, in A2 section. (I'm saying A2 as it appears on the Auckland Map just for reference, on Ronnie's side second block left of centre as you face the stage).

Are these seats off to the left of the block as I face the stage, or closer to the center? Can I assume row T is no more than 20 rows back?

I'd really appreciate if anyone on IORR with a bit more knowledge could help me work out my actual seating position smiling smiley, thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-10 12:44 by Macnee2.

Date: January 10, 2014 22:10

Sorry, but I don't get the numbering. Is it "right to left" for both sides (A1 and A2) or are higher numbers near the catwalk on both sides? I got a low number in B9. Thought I'b be close to A2. Or is it close to B10 instead?

It seemed natural to me, that numbering starts at the catwalk so that lower numbers are better ones.

Date: January 12, 2014 00:06

Hi Macnee unfortunately..... Like me you have gotten the wrong end of the stick on ticket allocations and we are all further away from middle than we had hoped for.. I am not happy that after spending All this cash to get near the catwalk in A1, that the ticket promoters have insisted filling each of the blocks row by row from the right facing the stage and not providing any transparency whatsoever.

I've read from previous Rolling Stones concert gripes that this apparently is a ploy by the promoter to get you to buy seats that you normally wouldn't buy.

So Macnee as seats run right to left facing the stage, you would more than likely be sat to the far left of the block in A2 nearer B9. Karlos, you should be ok as being near A2 and holding low numbers. So to confirm. You need to have low numbers facing the stage from the middle on Woody's side and high numbers on Keef's.

I'm annoyed as usually all gigs work left to right facing stage not the other way around. Ticketmaster should have provided the actual seating plans. But hey they don't care... As long as they take your cash... Hope there's not many others like me...

Date: January 12, 2014 00:12

Kahoosier, hey any chance of making a swap of one pair of your tickets for mine? I understand you have the best seats for both sides of the blocks A1 and A2. As per below, we have unfortunately been sold the wrong side of the blocks and I really wanted to,be near the catwalk. Cheers buddy, hope you can help from one RS fan to another...

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: January 13, 2014 14:31

I checked with a local Ticketek agency (their call center/email support is useless) regarding the way seats are counted and yes, on the LHS in front of Ronnie, it is high on the outside moving lower towards the center.

I should be more than glad to be going at all, but if the reverse counting of seat numbers was in any way represented and not left unstated at the time of sale, I either would have chanced another spin at better angled seats in my price range or forced myself to pay more for a better section.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 13, 2014 20:20

Drewski I wish I could , but I sold my extra package deal at about plain ticket price to another poster on this board who is travelling all the way to NZ for this show. I agree though, that we fans need to help each other out when we can in this age of the sharks in the secondary market. For me it is one of the great things about Stones Tours, hooking up with all the people I have met through the years, and for the little core group I know well, part of the thrill / frustration / anxiety /
ecstasy is the amount of team effort we make in taking care of each other. It takes a lot of fearless trust and texting to be the bold one that succeeds at a presale and lays several thousand dollars out on your visa or mastercard knowing your friends will be there with the cash every time.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 14, 2014 03:25

tickets are being sold here in New Zealand on www.trademe.co.nz, click the link at

[www.trademe.co.nz]

should get you on the page, I am happy to assist any of the regular board members from New Zealand

Posted by: erad ()
Date: January 14, 2014 05:07

Anyone gonna be in B10? Would be sweet to meet up with some fellow board members!

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: January 14, 2014 06:14

if anyone is interested i have a spare ticket for this show section B4 Row K seat 3.

email me if interested ticket at cost..

Date: January 14, 2014 08:01

I hear ya Macnee, I'm sooooo SO pissed at the promoter for not disclosing seat numbers. There's no WAY we would have purchased tickets if they blimmin well began numbers in a stupid dyslexic method of right to left!!!! I have never, NEVER been to a gig that reads seats right to left. So it hurts, and it sucks...But, hey at least we now know.....we're all aware. I would be heartbroken to arrive at the event and believe I'm on the gangway and am not.

Kahoosier, thanks anyway matey.. But we're still going, still in the middle blocks and still within 4 rows of the stage... With that out, hopefully I'll begin to gather 'acceptance' of my very expensive error or judgement care of the promoter...

Date: January 14, 2014 08:44

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 21:30 by colonial.

Date: January 15, 2014 08:28

colonial
drewski
I hear ya Macnee, I'm sooooo SO pissed at the promoter for not disclosing seat numbers. There's no WAY we would have purchased tickets if they blimmin well began numbers in a stupid dyslexic method of right to left!!!! I have never, NEVER been to a gig that reads seats right to left. So it hurts, and it sucks...But, hey at least we now know.....we're all aware. I would be heartbroken to arrive at the event and believe I'm on the gangway and am not.

Kahoosier, thanks anyway matey.. But we're still going, still in the middle blocks and still within 4 rows of the stage... With that out, hopefully I'll begin to gather 'acceptance' of my very expensive error or judgement care of the promoter...

drewski..I wonder if the people selling the tickets on the net and phone at ticketmaster New Zealand realised the seat numbers are right to left they probably just thought like everyone else they're be left to right and giving ya the best seat with left to right numbers.

Colonel, that's the weird thing.... I mean the site should be off loading the best seats in the house by block first shouldn't it? I don't think tmaster are At fault here. They didn't know and basically sold them as you said as if they were a traditional 'left to right' segment fill.... It was only when I heard through past UK shows that I was 'worried' but bugga it... It's still rock n' roll...not sure if I like it winking smiley
Who knows, when they realise they can't sell the rest of the packages, they may release some up close and personal seats at 4 hundy.... Wish that was me sad smiley. I'd wait to see what happens if you already haven't picked up a ticket. You'll score a grand seating arrangement and at least half the price that what most of us forked out.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 15, 2014 11:14

Ticketmaster is notorious for selling the less good seats first, so this is nothing new. It's what they invariably do every time.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2179
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home