Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Macau Rolling Stones show and travel info
Date: March 8, 2014 15:42

Haha Paulywaul, I wonder who that could be......!!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 8, 2014 15:50

kitoise
Need the title and saca of the front oage of this paper please!!
Thanks
chris

[www.modernweekly.com]

You can buy at most of news stands in mainland China, but maybe not in Macau or Hongkong.

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: March 8, 2014 16:25

Thanks for your help Bigger Nut;
I'm not in China but in Europa!
Thanks anyway!
Chris

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 8, 2014 16:35

The image in this post is very very big or ver very slow so I took away the inline link. Feel free to download here:

[www.micefinder.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 03:33 by bv.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: March 8, 2014 17:52

drbryant
I'll contact her now.

Well... I guess I am late and the pit tic is gone now. I have a ticket for the floor, but at the back. I was asking the ticket office today if it's possible to upgrade for a pit tic, and they were looking into it for a few minutes, but they said that at that moment it's not possible... I'll try tomorrow. If anyone has any info on a possible upgrade, please e-mail me. pekingi.ferenc@gmail.com

I am sleeping at the airport... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 8, 2014 17:57

I talked to a staff member at the Mercedes-Benz Arean in Shanghai, and when I asked her if it's possible to take a camera into the arena, she right away said that of course' it's possible... I was a bit surprised how confident she sounded. I'm thinking about taking my camera into the Cotai Arena in Macau... Any thoughts on this? I don't wanna run into any problems and not be able to enter the arena...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-08 18:00 by frenki09.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 8, 2014 18:04

Manofwealthandtaste
Haha Paulywaul, I wonder who that could be......!!

Don't know Chris, they didn't reveal themselves ........ winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 8, 2014 18:06

In Homg Kong - at the end of amazing China trip from Boston, MA US. Can't wait for show tomorrow! Silver train is a coming...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2014 18:12

It is an arena show. They usually take some risks at arena shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 8, 2014 18:13

bv
Green Lady
When I try to access this thread (and only this thread) I get warnings about "problems with the security certificate for this site". Last Post, however, is OK.

Anyone else having this problem?

The reason was that latvianinexile had posted his selfie picture with secure option (address to picture https - changed into http). I changed it so you would not get this message anymore.

The NSA strikes again. No, seriously, I was not aware of that. Inserted the image URL as usual. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 8, 2014 18:33

Has this and or any of the China shows sold out? Very small venue.

Date: March 8, 2014 18:38

I asked for a ticket at my hotel in Macau today (just to check out, as I do have a ticket already...), and the guy handling tickets in the hotel went online. It was not many offers really, just 2-3 sections high priced at the end of the floor Keith side. The center floor was all gone. The rest was gone too as it seems. It is a small arena of some 10,000 seats only.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 8, 2014 18:50

Brstonesfan

Sitting in a hotel room in HK right now the evening before the Macau show, and the "VIP Reserve (Lower) category which is priced at HK$3580 is absolutely wide open, you can by 8 adjacent in a row if you like, and in lots of different rows too. I'm astonished.

The present scenario for Shanghai in four days time looks even more extraordinary, I just posted a screenshot from my laptop of the "smartticket" website on the Shanghai show thread ..........

[www.smartshanghai.com]

....... and it's equally strange, or so I would have thought, to see quite this much availability so close to the day of the show ??

O well, whatever ?

I have to say, having spent the last three days walking all over Shanghai, there really is a surprising lack of awareness of the forthcoming show and apparent lack of interest in it. My travelling companion and I have been sticking our noses in here and there and pretty much everywhere, we haven't exactly picked up on any kind of street level awareness that the Stones are in town on Wednesday next week. Not what we were expecting, have to say ....... confused smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 8, 2014 19:15

paulywaul
Brstonesfan

Sitting in a hotel room in HK right now the evening before the Macau show, and the "VIP Reserve (Lower) category which is priced at HK$3580 is absolutely wide open, you can by 8 adjacent in a row if you like, and in lots of different rows too. I'm astonished.

The present scenario for Shanghai in four days time looks even more extraordinary, I just posted a screenshot from my laptop of the "smartticket" website on the Shanghai show thread ..........

[www.smartshanghai.com]

....... and it's equally strange, or so I would have thought, to see quite this much availability so close to the day of the show ??

O well, whatever ?

I have to say, having spent the last three days walking all over Shanghai, there really is a surprising lack of awareness of the forthcoming show and apparent lack of interest in it. My travelling companion and I have been sticking our noses in here and there and pretty much everywhere, we haven't exactly picked up on any kind of street level awareness that the Stones are in town on Wednesday next week. Not what we were expecting, have to say ....... confused smiley

This one's even better. Here they still have the 680 tic...

[item.damai.cn]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 8, 2014 19:16

Got a feeling that the next 3 gigs before Perth are gonna be the old warhorses,maybe in a differant order with a Chinese guest maybe as well.

I hope I'm wrong and we get Silver Train, CYHMK ,Street Fightin' Man,Out of Control and a few other album tracks that I'm sure will be played in Oz and NZ.

The gigs are gonna be great whatever they decide to play or utilise Mick Taylor on.
Have a great time at the gigs everyone. smileys with beer

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 8, 2014 19:43

They seem to always fill up the gig by show time. Hope
all have a great show!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 8, 2014 21:08

Info found

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 07:28 by MingSubu.

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: March 8, 2014 21:40

What time does the concert start, UK time?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 8, 2014 22:05

stoneman333

Noon, I think.

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: March 8, 2014 22:45

erikjjf
stoneman333

Noon, I think.

Thanks - following the concerts on this board is the next best thing to being there - it's great to see how the setlist unfolds (although I think we could all make a good guess on the second half smiling smiley )

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 8, 2014 22:49

I agree;

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 8, 2014 23:18

stoneman333

[www.timeticker.com]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:49

Waiting for the live tread...thank you all for the great piks and videos for the Tokyo shows...historical performances

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 9, 2014 02:48

I think more materials will be posted after tonight's show than Tokyo.

In Tokyo Dome, any shootings are not allowed.

frenki09
I talked to a staff member at the Mercedes-Benz Arean in Shanghai, and when I asked her if it's possible to take a camera into the arena, she right away said that of course' it's possible... I was a bit surprised how confident she sounded. I'm thinking about taking my camera into the Cotai Arena in Macau... Any thoughts on this? I don't wanna run into any problems and not be able to enter the arena...

I will bring my camera(non-professional camera).

I never have any problems in some concerts in Hongkong.

Date: March 9, 2014 03:31

SHOW START & TIME ZONE INFO:

Macau is 7 hours ahead of Central Europe, 8 hours ahead of UK and 13 hours ahead of US East coast. Macau show posters say RS 8pm so I assume the show will start may be 8pm or probably closer to 9pm. Anyway this is the time equivalents for the 8pm mark:

8pm Macau =
1pm Central Europe (CET) =
noon UK =
7am US East Coast (EST) =
4am PST (LA/SF/Calif etc)

Bjornulf

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 9, 2014 06:08

Is this ticket still available? I am in HOng Kong heading to Macau in 2 hours.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 9, 2014 06:11

Is there a meeting place before the show?

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 9, 2014 06:58

I'm queuing in front of door A and have an extra tix to sell at face value on the floor - W
Anyone interested come there or email @ grichka10@gmail.com

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 9, 2014 07:58

I'm here in Macau and just about to get ready to go out for a bite to eat. So excited!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 9, 2014 08:52

I cannot send enough thanks and praises to drbryant for getting me out of a pickle. He's my saviour and hero and a true gentleman to boot. Thank you and plenty of cheers from me to drbryant smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home