Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ben Waters/Stones
Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: December 1, 2013 10:47

Nice little story from Ben..

Watching the river flow was all done at separate times. No about 18 months ago Keith got me into the studio. The first three days was Charlie watts, bill wyman, Ronnie wood, Keith Richards and myself. On the last day Mick Jagger joined us. Keith wanted the Stones to play again and had a four day jam. Everything was recorded. It was great to hear their stories and great to jam with these amazing musicians!

Re: Ben Waters/Stones
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 1, 2013 11:48

Everything was recorded...

Let's hope it sees the light of day some time.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 1, 2013 15:05

Green Lady
Everything was recorded...

Let's hope it sees the light of day some time.
YEAH!!!!

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: December 1, 2013 15:16

Would be very interesting indeed. These sessions took place at Snake Ranch Studios, London, dec. 6, 7 and 8, 2011 according to www.nzentgraf.de. Not even a photograph of this first step eventually leading to The 50 and Counting Tour has turned up to my knowledge.
Mick was quoted they did some bluesjams and even some of the Some Girls Deluxe bonussongs which was released the month before if I remember well.

Date: December 1, 2013 17:11

OutOfTime
Would be very interesting indeed. These sessions took place at Snake Ranch Studios, London, dec. 6, 7 and 8, 2011 according to www.nzentgraf.de. Not even a photograph of this first step eventually leading to The 50 and Counting Tour has turned up to my knowledge.
Mick was quoted they did some bluesjams and even some of the Some Girls Deluxe bonussongs which was released the month before if I remember well.

Two different sessions, surely?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 1, 2013 17:52

OutOfTime

Nope.

Two different sessions as DP says above.

The sessions in London in December 2011 was a Stones jam session which Keith had talked about a couple of months earlier. Mick showed up on the last day (it was three days, not four as I recall). Waters and Wyman played piano and bass. It wasnt deemed practical to fly in Jones and Leavell plus their usual technicians for the purpose of the get together. Your recollection of what Mick said about the content is correct. (I was under the impression that the sessions werent recorded at all - thats what I was told at the time anyway, but who knows)

The 'Boogie with Stu' release of 'Watching The River Flow' came out in April 2011. Keith did his overdub in London and Mick added his vocal in France some months earlier. The rest of the band recorded it together in London.

December 8, 2011 was the first time since the end of the ABB tour that the four members of the Stones played together in the same room.

More here - [www.iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-01 17:58 by Gazza.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 1, 2013 18:11

To supply some context, those comments are Ben's reply to a question on his Facebook -
"Ben-was that Watching the River Flow?...or something else"

His answer makes it clear that 'Watching The River Flow' and the December 2011 sessions were two completely different things.

He also included a 2012 photo with Keith at an ABC&D show in New York.

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-01 18:12 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: December 1, 2013 21:10

Gazza
OutOfTime

Nope.

Two different sessions as DP says above.

The sessions in London in December 2011 was a Stones jam session which Keith had talked about a couple of months earlier. Mick showed up on the last day (it was three days, not four as I recall). Waters and Wyman played piano and bass. It wasnt deemed practical to fly in Jones and Leavell plus their usual technicians for the purpose of the get together. Your recollection of what Mick said about the content is correct. (I was under the impression that the sessions werent recorded at all - thats what I was told at the time anyway, but who knows)

The 'Boogie with Stu' release of 'Watching The River Flow' came out in April 2011. Keith did his overdub in London and Mick added his vocal in France some months earlier. The rest of the band recorded it together in London.

December 8, 2011 was the first time since the end of the ABB tour that the four members of the Stones played together in the same room.

More here - [www.iorr.org]

Thanks for the reply and link Gazza.
Nope? Nope what? I was talking about this three day session only: The Rolling Stones playing in one room together for three days (KR,CW,RW, Bill Wyman and Ben Waters and Mick one day) and not about the separate recording contruction of Watching The River Flow all around the world (to a disappointing result by my account).

Date: December 2, 2013 00:22

Nope to the original post which suggested it was one session. Sorry if I misquoted yours instead.

Agree that its an underwhelming cover. Mick's vocal sounds very half-arsed and phoned in.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 2, 2013 00:28

Gazza

Agree that its an underwhelming cover. Mick's vocal sounds very half-arsed and phoned in.

I believe it was emailed in, wasn't it, which is even worse!

Date: December 2, 2013 02:56

Aquamarine
Gazza

I believe it was emailed in, wasn't it, which is even worse!

Think youre right now you mention it. I guess Waters' mail server had some kind of 'soul filter' switched on that day.

Date: December 2, 2013 10:33

The guitars are faxed in.

WTRF is ok at best, imo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home