Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Metamorphosis album
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 4, 2013 18:06

great great album. play it more THAN Bridges or bang or Voodoo or tATTOO OR EMOTIONAL.
ALL IN ALL, GREAT GREAT

JEROEN

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 5, 2013 04:26

kleermaker
His Majesty
LuxuryStones

There is only speculation about that. All he said about it is coming from one interview (as far as I know).

Q:
When did you play with the Rolling Stones? Did you enjoy working with them?

JM:
Only on a session with Mick, who was a nice person. No pretentions, but the recording was just another session for me at that time.

[blogs.dallasobserver.com]

Amsterdamned/svt22's new moniker.

I like Amsterdamned more. Taylor doesn't even play on Luxury, a very mediocre and repetitive song by the way.

Yeah, but Taylor did not play on "Amsterdamned" and "SVT22" either, so what?

By the way, Luxury is great. Fantastic, infectious groove.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 5, 2013 05:09

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I hadn't given this one much of a listen, but this thread has taken care of that. I honestly don't know what to make of it. Right now, I have to agree with kleermaker's assessment, one side is interesting, the other odd. There are some great songs sprinkled here and there, like Jiving Sister Fanny and Memo from Turner and I do like Heart of Stone, but I can't see listening to Metamorphosis all that much and I don't think I'm alone...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 5, 2013 05:32

latebloomer
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I hadn't given this one much of a listen, but this thread has taken care of that. I honestly don't know what to make of it. Right now, I have to agree with kleermaker's assessment, one side is interesting, the other odd. There are some great songs sprinkled here and there, like Jiving Sister Fanny and Memo from Turner and I do like Heart of Stone, but I can't see listening to Metamorphosis all that much and I don't think I'm alone...

There's a bootleg (Russian) version with 10 bonus tracks from these sessions.

There's Da Doo Ron, Ron, which sounds as though it's sung by a Jagger impersonator:

There's the "Oldham/Richard" instrumental Hear It:

There's another "Oldham/Richard" track, I Know, with Oldham on vocals--not on YouTube, unfortunately. I wish I could post it so that you could know what you're not missing.

While searching, I found yet another Metamorphosis "outtake", which doesn't sound half bad, sort of like the stuff on side 1. At least it sounds like the Stones, well sort of.

Date: December 5, 2013 12:09

alimente
kleermaker
His Majesty
LuxuryStones

There is only speculation about that. All he said about it is coming from one interview (as far as I know).

Q:

JM:
Only on a session with Mick, who was a nice person. No pretentions, but the recording was just another session for me at that time.

I like Amsterdamned more. Taylor doesn't even play on Luxury, a very mediocre and repetitive song by the way.

Well, he lived (lives?) in Amsterdam, and he sure did play (and he did on the Stones tour as well) a SVT! grinning smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 5, 2013 17:05

DandelionPowderman
alimente
kleermaker
His Majesty
LuxuryStones

Q:

JM:

Well, he lived (lives?) in Amsterdam, and he sure did play (and he did on the Stones tour as well) a SVT! grinning smiley

At least he did play in Amsterdam.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: December 5, 2013 17:50

The album is a mixed bag

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home