Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Who plays main guitar solo in She Was Hot?
Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 02:48

dcba
semi-OT but can someone explain why the official YT vid for the song is sped-up by a semi-tone?

Sure it's faster but imo it sounds awful.

And back to the solo : you start on the 3rd fret and play a few Berry-ian double-stops then you move up to the 12th for the second part?

Yes the speed version sounds bad. Keiths tremolo guitar is ridiculous like this.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 27, 2013 02:51

Keith, Keith, Keith...I cannot believe this is still even up for discussion.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 27, 2013 19:16

FortuneTeller800

Yes the speed version sounds bad. Keiths tremolo guitar is ridiculous like this.
Now it matches his acting skills. He's terrible in that video imo. He was better as a hitman in "Undercover".

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: November 28, 2013 01:34

doba
dcba
semi-OT but can someone explain why the official YT vid for the song is sped-up by a semi-tone?

If it`s a semi tone it could be the PAL speedup effect. The problem transferring NTSC to european PAL. The european Pal version runs a half-tone quicker. It´s a problem with PAL VHS and DVD`s. As far as I know the Bluerays doesn`t have the speedup.
Years ago I always wondered why the US-versions (music and movies) were always longer for around 3-5 minutes. More material?? No! The Pal version runs quicker :-((
Knowing this I can`t listen to PAL DVD`s anymore. If you compare it it sucks.
Just compare the Shine A Light PAL DVD with the CD....

Here is a link with sound-comparisons and explanations:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/palspeedup/]PAL speedup[/url]

Tom

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 28, 2013 23:50

stonehearted
dcba
it's defo a Keith song so why wouldn't he lay a nice solo on his song/

Which explains why Mick couldn't remember the lyrics in the SAL rehearsal footage.smiling smiley

Where did you get that from?
Mick claims he wrote it. He wrote most songs on that album.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: December 27, 2013 23:06

keef ...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 16, 2014 20:39

DoomandGloom
I did notice the single note parts that sound like Boston, doesn't sound like either Wood or KR........... Studio guy or Mick?

Could be Jim Barber? IIrc he was hired (by Mick?) to give the album a more contemporary sound (à la Police).

Posted by: nobs ()
Date: January 17, 2014 00:59

Keith, no doubt

Date: January 17, 2014 01:21

dcba
DoomandGloom
I did notice the single note parts that sound like Boston, doesn't sound like either Wood or KR........... Studio guy or Mick?

Could be Jim Barber? IIrc he was hired (by Mick?) to give the album a more contemporary sound (à la Police).

He was a guitar tech...

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: January 17, 2014 01:35

And since we are in the middle of this crucial debate, there's a rhythmic line in the background (I don't know if I can call it a riff, it sound as just one note); it's almost imperceptible (you hear it better with your headphones, especially at the end of the song), it's really fast, it reminds me the whirl of the helicopter blades. Could someone tell me who's playing that?

Date: January 17, 2014 01:39

zumabitch
And since we are in the middle of this crucial debate, there's a rhythmic line in the background (I don't know if I can call it a riff, it sound as just one note); it's almost imperceptible (you hear it better with your headphones, especially at the end of the song), it's really fast, it reminds me the whirl of the helicopter blades. Could someone tell me who's playing that?

Keith is playing it through an analog delay box. The slap back-effect, created by tape echo gives the impression of fast playing, but what he plays is doubled in speed...

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: January 17, 2014 02:02

DandelionPowderman
Keith is playing it through an analog delay box. The slap back-effect, created by tape echo gives the impression of fast playing, but what he plays is doubled in speed...

ah, and me thinking that Keith was doing some "speed" with some Slayer's member at the time ...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home