Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I have seen the light... (BBJ on hbm 72)
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 5, 2005 18:32

Just downloaded "Happy Birthday Mick" N.Y. July, 24-26 1972
& now listening to Bye Bye Johnny... So nice, so good!
Nicky 'opkins on keyboards & Taylor & Richards on killer guitars & Bobby in his best mood... Golden Rock 'n' Roll which is hard to overtriumph! So cool!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-05 18:32 by Baboon Bro.

Re: I have seen the light... (BBJ on hbm 72)
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 5, 2005 18:46

Very cool indeed! Thanks to Stonesfan! I hope they pull "Bye Bye Johnny" out of storage for this tour!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 5, 2005 19:09

great song...but i rather them play, one of their very best stones songs, empty heart... check it out...great if they did it live!

Date: May 5, 2005 20:21

EMPTY HEART

Recorded June 10 & 11, 1964. Released in the UK on the EP Five By Five in 1964; US on 12x5 in 1964.
Lead Vocal: Mick Jagger Electric Guitar: Keith Richards Harmonica:Brian Jones Bass: Bill Wyman Drums: Charlie Watts Organ: Ian Stewart Tambourine: Mick Jagger Backing Vocal:Keith Richards

EMPTY HEART
(Nanker Phelge)

A empty heart is like an empty life
I said a empty heart is like a empty life
Well, it makes you feel like you wanna cry
Like you wanna cry
Like you wanna cry

Well you've been my lover for a long long time
Well you've been my lover for a long long time
Well you left me all alone, and end my time
I want my lover again
I want my lover again
I want my lover again
I want it back again

Yeah, a little stick
Yeah, a little bit darling
Take it down
Take it down
Yeah, take it down

Come on back to me, baby
Come on back to me, baby
Come on
Come on back to me
And I'll show ya
I'll show ya

That a empty heart means a empty life
Yeah an empty heart like a empty life
Oh, it makes you feel like you wanna die
Like you wanna die
Like you wanna die
(I wanna die)

12x5

Cool cool piece of work, h-e-a-v-y stuff; why not both
Bye, Bye, Johnny a-n-d Empty Heart... And Heart Of Stone
as well as Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker), two other shithard heart-songs...

Date: May 5, 2005 20:29

Seen the light again:
Angie from Newcastle & GS from Hamburg 1973, same disc... Wow!!!
Gotta say Taylor is amazing here... Wonder if he can guest the shows along the world tour 05-06...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-05 20:31 by Baboon Bro.

Date: May 5, 2005 20:34

great idea.... the b stage could have some of the their old hits.
come on, bb.johnnie, empty heart, mona, surprise,surprise and end it with, its all over now!

i love heartbreaker too. but that should be done up on the main stage and right after that play lies...they did that song in 1978 tour..really rocked...
i also wish they doo doo doo like they 1st did it, with lots of guitars..

Posted by: Deidre ()
Date: May 5, 2005 21:15

Your optimism, anticipation and expectations are almost contagious. Those would be wonderful songs to hear.

Yet, for the most part I fear we'll get......BS, SMU, JJF, SFM, HTW, TD agus an corr......

but if this is the last tour and if they've sold all the tickets, then why not play all the interesting relics and one or two steeds of war.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-05 21:46 by Deidre.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: May 5, 2005 21:20

Nothing beats the Stones playing a Chuck Berry tune. Seriously, I'd rather hear them play Bye Bye Johnny or Down the Road Apiece any day over the standard stuff.

Date: May 5, 2005 21:28

i like when they mix it up... also i like when they play the old stuff with a lot of guitars..like they did back in 69 & 72....i think the public has to be getting sick of rap and all the pop crap out there..its a good time to bring back some old fashion rock and guitar roll!

Date: May 5, 2005 22:30

Chuckster rules... He injects energy to these geezers thru his songs... Around & Around: when was that one heard last time on a Stones stage? S'pose Run Rudolph Run is nothing to hope for, but a genuine Berry-Stones-standard like A & A or BBJ would be possible... Spread the gospel! Let all your yuppie friends know what the Stones are able to!!

Date: May 5, 2005 23:29

26/7/72 has the best versions of BBJ and RTJ, in my opinion.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: May 5, 2005 23:47

The more you play this Happy Birthday Mick the more astonished you get... Even JJF & Satisfaction (more correct Medley Uptight/Satisfaction) are smashing... Agree Menace of Mayfair on RTJ... Its also to be seen on the @#$%& Blues dvd that the energy level (yet with a 'little' help from some lines every now & then) is superior to most other tours... Chemistry with Wonder´s band is glimmering & 'almost' sexual.

Date: May 6, 2005 02:50

Halleluyah! I´ve seen the light for the fifth time or so this evening (night? It´s indeed 01:47... ), in my burning mania I´ve come to El Mocambo... Anyone knows the thought behind almost every song coming twice? Anyway, 1st version of Around & 'round is a ass blaster... LRR is more than OK... Mannish Boy... Jeeez. I get it now, why so many os the users here has kept repeating the Mantra of El Mocambo... party all week long, remember, Stones fans out there...

Date: May 9, 2005 00:02

Beheld the light again: Out On Bail... Oh, my God:
Stu on piano, MacLagan... What has Jagger taken on for example Street Fighting Man? ... O, God; O, God; I have a new favorite album! Poor family!

Date: May 9, 2005 01:48

Can anyone provide me with info on this New Jersey gig in 1978 (June, right?)?
From where did Jagger get his energy... ? Punk rock? ...Love... Separation? Both? Extra fine coke? Please tell me... ! And does Stu play on all the songs?
...Is there any boot that somes near this? Which, then, if so? Is all the 1978 recordings this full of energy?
Does anyone know (stupid question, have I forgotten where I post: of course someone does!) when Stu plays; I mean how often, in (e.g.), did he play every night ro only at special occasions... ? And the 1978-pattern is that unique or maybe typical for that time? I love the mix of Stu and MacLagan!
Ian Stewart, so sad he didnt continue in the Stones. But I understand he was important for them until the very end.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 9, 2005 01:54

Fun to hear someones reactions about these recordings. I can´t remember when I first heard them (back in the dark ages probably), I just know they´re part of my everyday life. When I hear them today, i surprise myself by whistling Taylors solos amost note by note for example. That´s how deep they are implanted in me.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: May 9, 2005 02:02

Hey, night, Ville; ...but thats no answer.
I forbid myself to go to this ex curs while doing the radio last fall.
I havent been taking notice, because I think I´ve shared the common
non-fan citizen´s prejudgements on boots as crap recordings, unaudible...
But now all criteria is right: I have the time, the knowledge, the internet connection & the deep deep almost silly interest...
Info, please. Take care of the rookies. Help me educate myself!
Taylors solos... s'pose your aiming at an upper posting from me on 72-73, right? Or is he on 1978:s Out On Bail, too? Wouldnt think so?
All my focus now is on 1978... Got the advice to burn it from my local Stones mentor, Stefan hardcore fan since 78 or so. He said that that perticular New Jersey gig was his absolute favorite.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 9, 2005 02:11

Go for the Gorgeous Girls Redux 4 CD set from Sister Morphine, they originate from the Handsome Girls set, but tweaked a little. These recordings represent the finest from the 78 tour in my mind. You already got Out On Bail, wich is the other one I would recomend.

For the 1973 tour, besides Brussels and the usual ones, don´t miss the ones from Australia, they´re really good ones too.

From 1972, go for the STP (Stones Touring Party) as a starter, it´s a 7 CD set, that also exists as a 8 CD set, with some errors fixed, it´s called Work Sucks, Let´s Go On Tour, a name fitting with the times now.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-09 02:14 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 9, 2005 02:23

And it's really nice to be playin here instead of the usual baaarns that we play in.....MICK JAGGER

Out On Bail 1978 - VGP278

New Jersey June 14 1978 & Fort Worth Texas July 18 1978....great stuff!

ROCKMAN

Date: May 9, 2005 02:29

Thanks, Ville & Rockman.
Anyone can say anything on Stu then... ?
And: What do a poor man have to pay to buy a boot
(of the better quality that we speak of here)?
...Or is there other nice sites to find, except our French friend´s that we always use do frequent... ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home