Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just discovered Voodoo Brew
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 13, 2013 19:42

Wow this thing is amazing. Such a wonderful insight into how they worked in the studio.

Is there anything else like this?

Re: Just discovered Voodoo Brew
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 13, 2013 19:47

Yep, there is much more on Voodoo Stew and Voodoo Residue thumbs up

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 13, 2013 20:28

Yeah, like another 6 cds worth! I kinda envy you, I remember when I first discovered it and there aint nothing like the thrill of one new unheard take or cut after another!!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: October 13, 2013 21:38

Bastion

If you mean like this as in other albums, you have the Some Girls/Emotional Rescue and Satanic Sessions of course that are marvelous. ( I recently uploaded Satanic for a friend. Drop me a line if you want them).

There are unmastered or different mixes of many other albums, for instance Bigger Bang, Steel Wheels and some instrumental tracks of Exile, but thats different I guess.

Date: October 13, 2013 22:11

And I'm enjoying them very much. Thanks, RobberBride smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 14, 2013 00:27

RobberBride
Bastion

If you mean like this as in other albums, you have the Some Girls/Emotional Rescue and Satanic Sessions of course that are marvelous. ( I recently uploaded Satanic for a friend. Drop me a line if you want them).

There are unmastered or different mixes of many other albums, for instance Bigger Bang, Steel Wheels and some instrumental tracks of Exile, but thats different I guess.

The Dirty Work outtakes also make for an entirely different "prequel" of an album.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 14, 2013 00:38

Brew, Stew, Residue...got all the sets (and still without the trivial cd rot). Collect 'em all!thumbs upthumbs up

Date: October 14, 2013 01:38

Does anyone know what Keith and Ronnie are talking about when they're referring to some cardboard cut out?

Keith mentions signing it 'Beff Jeck' and 'Tete Pownshend'...?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 14, 2013 02:59

They were making fun of Jeff Beck, who was among the guitarists in line to audition as Mick Taylor's replacement. Apparently Beck didn't want the position, because, as he put it, their hard-partying lifestyle worried him.

There was a thread here about Beck discussing why he turned down The Stones' offer for him to join: [www.iorr.org]

and the mention of the Voodoo outtakes where Keith and Ronnie bring this up is in the ninth post down on page 1. The cardboard cut-out was a birthday present to Ron from Keith.

Date: October 14, 2013 03:08

Thanks a lot stonehearted thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home