Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cancelled shows memorabilia
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 7, 2013 14:52

Do you have any memorabilia from the shows that never took place, i.e. tickets, posters, flyers etc. Of course most cancelled shows were during 2006 European tour, but there was also South America 75, Japan 73, Moscow 90 etc.

Re: Cancelled shows memorabilia
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 7, 2013 14:57

The one I'd love to have is an original of the cancelled Pembroke Castle concert from Sept 22 73.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 7, 2013 15:19

Did Moscow 1990 ever actually go on sale? I know it was announced that it would be the last show (scheduled for 12th August or thereabouts) but I dont recall tickets being sold for it.

I did buy tickets for the Dublin show on that tour which was cancelled due to poor sales (and not the 'official' excuse made to save embarrassment, namely some nonsense about not being able to transport their equipment over in time).

Kiev was confirmed for July 2007 when Mick did the webcast to announce the tour dates but it never went on sale and was quietly replaced by a show in Poland. rs.com had a habit around that time of not confirming cancellations, but merely removing slow-selling shows from the schedule as if they never existed, hoping no one would notice. The US tour finale in Honolulu in November 2006 being one example.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 7, 2013 15:39

I have a huge poster advertising the stones concert in Milano during the 1998 tour. The concert was canceled on the very day of the event. I was told at 7 p.m. while at the bar "preparing for the show"-

Tickets had to be returned to obtain the refund.

It was said that cancellation made the then Italian promoter of the event (David Zard) almost bankrupt since he was not covered by insurance.

C

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 7, 2013 15:51

Atlantic City , October 2006 was postponed for the filming of Shine A Light

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 7, 2013 15:54

That poster is the only Stones lithograph I have ever purchased. Hangs above my main video editing station at my office.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 7, 2013 16:19

Ticket for the postponed Brussels concert of the BB tour because of Keith's palmtree accident.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 7, 2013 17:40

Kept my ticket for the cancelled Torino-show on July 29, 1990 and later had it signed by Bobby Keys and Chuck Leavell. Expensive autographs from almost famous guys ;-)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 7, 2013 17:54

I have a bunch of them, as I have been to most of the cancelled shows over the past 30 years...

Like in 1990 Cardiff, they sold a T-shirt with "I did not get no Satisfaction" (illustration a bandaged "finger"), then the original poster etc.

In Bilbao 1998 I took down the poster on display on the venue, then I went back for another poster, and the very same policeman who saw me take the first one was there still, I realized... It was a sealed off area so I smiled a lot and told him I came all the way from Norway, and that the first one was slightly damaged, which was true.

I Benidorm I never bothered to go from Alicante where I was and up to Benidorm. But I was there. Same with Atlantic City. And Milano 1998 was there.

The T-shirt they sold in Buenos Aires had a Brazil city they cancelled on it : "Porto Alegre".

My basement is full of those items, shows they did and shows they did not do. For me these no-shows are not interesting. Like Valladolid - ok we were there but the Stones never came. Same with El Ejido. At least there they came later. So my great memories are those who happened, not those who do not exist in our showtime memories, even if we were there, some of us...

Bjornulf

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: October 7, 2013 19:38

franzk
Do you have any memorabilia from the shows that never took place, i.e. tickets, posters, flyers etc. Of course most cancelled shows were during 2006 European tour, but there was also South America 75, Japan 73, Moscow 90 etc.

Yes, I went to Lourdes, bought some Maria kitsch for the fans at home but the gig never took place.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 7, 2013 19:46

svt22
franzk

Yes, I went to Lourdes, bought some Maria kitsch for the fans at home but the gig never took place.

Did they have Maria-tongue edition?

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: October 7, 2013 19:51

franzk
svt22
franzk

Did they have Maria-tongue edition?

Sort of..winking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 7, 2013 20:59

Cool

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 03:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 7, 2013 21:17

Bangkok, Rolling Stones Spring Tour 2546

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 01:11

T-shirt from the postponed Beacon Theater NYC Halloween Show 2006.

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: October 8, 2013 01:24

I have a T shirt from a Beijing shop that says " the rolling stones cancelled but the W.H.O. came to town" (World Health Organization) this was after the SARS epidemic during 40 licks tour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 8, 2013 02:19

boston2006
Atlantic City , October 2006 was postponed for the filming of Shine A Light

Thats the 'unofficial' reason. The 'official' reason was that Mick had a sore throat (which was probably aggravated by a few days of rehearsals for SAL in the lead-up to the AC gig)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 02:20 by Gazza.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 8, 2013 03:00

Silver Dagger
The one I'd love to have is an original of the cancelled Pembroke Castle concert from Sept 22 73.

Here you go, only ten grand:

(oops, sorry, didn't realize I shouldn't post the link.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 04:59 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 8, 2013 03:35

rocknola
I have a T shirt from a Beijing shop that says " the rolling stones cancelled but the W.H.O. came to town" (World Health Organization) this was after the SARS epidemic during 40 licks tour.

How dare they! I've always thought Townshend should sue over improper use of intellectual property.

Even the W.H.O.'s back catalog is a copycat: "I call that a virus, the worst I ever had", "Meet the new strain, same as the old strain"....

It's enough to make you sick, isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 03:45 by stonehearted.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 8, 2013 10:15

You two are something else.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 13:05

liddas
I have a huge poster advertising the stones concert in Milano during the 1998 tour. The concert was canceled on the very day of the event. I was told at 7 p.m. while at the bar "preparing for the show"-

Tickets had to be returned to obtain the refund.

It was said that cancellation made the then Italian promoter of the event (David Zard) almost bankrupt since he was not covered by insurance.

what a day: I was working in a jewellery show in vicenza-italy but i already asked the permit to leave the show at noon to go to Milano. A friend of mine informed me that the gig was cancelled while I was changing my clothes in the back of the stand.. everybody laughed on me and said the typical irritating things about the age of jagger and the fact that he could not sing anymore...

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: October 8, 2013 19:22

The Joker
Bangkok, Rolling Stones Spring Tour 2546

I still find the reason this show was cancelled suspect. Plane troubles? The day before the show? Wouldn't the stage have already been set up?

Very odd.

Posted by: JC21769 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 19:33

I had a t-shirt with the Undercover album art that said "Rolling Stones World Tour 1984", bought in 1984. No idea if it was official...I was a teenager.....and we know what happened.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: October 9, 2013 08:03

Singha beer can from the cancelled Bangkok show.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 9, 2013 09:24

I remember 2 cancelled shows I had tickets for, both in Stockholm...it was Sex Pistols 1978 that never showed up and so Johnny Thunders whose Swedish girlfriend would bear children that night ...Never get to see shows with these 2 giants even later....sad smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 9, 2013 11:17

my poster of the 1998 show in Marseille that was finally cancelled, just as another one in Lyon.
The poster is a true collector's item.
One copy can be seen at the Disney Studios Paris, in the decor of the Rock n Roller Coaster with Aerosmith

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: October 9, 2013 15:07

I was also curious about the cancelled Bangkok show. Security scare? Poor ticket sales? Promoter didn't come through with the goods?

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:27

I have had this Cardiff Poster for nearly 20 years now.Authenticated by Bill Wyman himself!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 10, 2013 09:14

Doc
my poster of the 1998 show in Marseille that was finally cancelled, just as another one in Lyon.
The poster is a true collector's item.
One copy can be seen at the Disney Studios Paris, in the decor of the Rock n Roller Coaster with Aerosmith

Thats a great poster Doc, a very nice piece.

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: October 15, 2013 06:15

I've travelled out of state to see many shows. Stones, Who, Bowie, Floyd, Kinks, Petty, Dead, Page w/Black Crowes, Dylan, Neil spring to mind. Fortunately none have been cancelled or postponed. Regarding this subject I have a beautiful Dead poster with a big sunflower for the '95 Fall tour that never happened because Jerry died. I ordered it from GD merchandise that summer of '95. Tried to get another one and they were gone, of course. I wonder what kind of value it may ever have?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home