Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MICK TAYLOR´S Book
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: October 4, 2013 16:34

That one would be great, would´nt it?
Its obvious Charlie, Mick and Anita will never write their books, but i can easily visualize little Mick doing it.
What do you think?

Re: MICK TAYLOR´S Book
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: October 4, 2013 16:43

I think he has or had plans to write a biography, but I don't know if he will at this point. I would love to read it provided his memory is intact and the information is accurate. Somehow, at this point, I doubt it. And since, as it appears, that he's back in the fold again, he may be reluctant to be completely honest, as well. When it comes to reading about the Stones there are so many versions to one story, it gets a bit frustrating.smiling smiley

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 4, 2013 17:03

Maybe he could write a book about the recent tour: "My life behind the stage with the Stones".

Date: October 4, 2013 17:14

"On My Knees For The Stones, part II"

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: October 4, 2013 17:19

This is a cool photo. You go Little Mick!smiling smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 4, 2013 17:26

he needs a good literary agent and co-writer

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: October 4, 2013 17:57

thumbs up

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 4, 2013 18:06

With a higher priority than writing a book on the Rolling Stones, I would prefer him to play guitar on every track of a potentially coming Rolling Stones studio album of new songs.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: October 4, 2013 18:15

Mick T. will probably never write a book seeing how that for some 35 + years of solo touring of clubs he never even had T-shirts made. I know, I've been going to MT solo shows for 30 years and I asked EVERY time!!! I should've made bootleg T's and sold them myself. I would've happily given MT a 50% cut ofthe profits!!!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: October 4, 2013 20:43

Maybe in a couple of years, when they're done with any more tours and doing any new albums.

When it is clear nothing else was happening with the Stones. That would be a good time, but no gossip only focus on the music and his favorite tours/moments.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2013 22:59

Bellajane
This is a cool photo. You go Little Mick!smiling smiley

I think he'd be more properly known now as Little Big Mick.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:54

I might be cynical but it seems to me that the call from the Stones to tour with them came not long after the idea of Taylor writing his book was floated. Maybe they came to an understanding that it would not be as profitable for the book project to happen.

Date: October 5, 2013 12:39

He can still write the book. I hope he does...

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 5, 2013 13:43

well, mick had the balls to quit the stones way back then, now, on the last tour, it looks for me that he´s a bit submissive...

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 5, 2013 15:26

I'm sure it would be of interest but don't forget for 38 years after 1974 and 6 years before 1969...he wasn't a Stone!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 5, 2013 17:04

71Tele
I might be cynical but it seems to me that the call from the Stones to tour with them came not long after the idea of Taylor writing his book was floated. Maybe they came to an understanding that it would not be as profitable for the book project to happen.

I kind of doubt they'd take him on tour to keep him quiet...seems like a bit of a stretch. MJ could just have paid him to shut up if there was concern.

Plus, after Keith's literary evisceration, anything else is likely to pale by comparison.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 5, 2013 18:11

No, Tele, the book idea isn't new.There were talks about it since the 90's.
Just a new attempt lately . .

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 5, 2013 19:05

CousinC
No, Tele, the book idea isn't new.There were talks about it since the 90's.
Just a new attempt lately . .

If there were "talks" about it since the 90s, why didn't he just write it? Personally, I'd love to read it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 6, 2013 00:17

Can you imagine an Anita book? She remembers a lot, and she saw a lot. I hope she has been keeping a diary or something. She may not want to endanger her relationship with the Stones at this point. I'm assuming she still gets money from Keith. Still, she could really open up about the whole Brian era.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 6, 2013 01:53

Yes, it's both ironic and frustrating that three of the potentially most revealing and critical as well as insightful books on The Stones have never been written: Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts, and Mick Taylor.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 6, 2013 02:23

Charlies answer would be why should I write a book about my job the last 50 years, it's all over in the new (and it wasn't that interested 20 years working and 30 years hanging around)

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: October 6, 2013 03:15

I want to read Marlon's book. His bits in "Life" were very entertaining, and he provided a pretty unique perspective. I particularly liked the part where Mick got Marlon his first hamburger.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 6, 2013 03:56

stonehearted
Yes, it's both ironic and frustrating that three of the potentially most revealing and critical as well as insightful books on The Stones have never been written: Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts, and Mick Taylor.

..and yet Keith, Bill and Woody's autobiographies were all underwhelming to varying degrees.

Taylor was in the band for five years so an autobiography would be of limited interest outside of that period, Charlie's not a songwriter, has led a scandal-free life and is too much of a gentleman and a private figure which would make publishers reluctant to be chasing him for his memoirs.

As for Mick - I think an autobiography would be a huge disappointment to many. He could basically name his price for any publisher, but his memory is notoriously awful (one of the reasons why he returned a multi-million pound advance to one publisher in the mid 80s after he'd agreed on an autobiography) and for all his celebrity status, he's far too guarded a man to open up emotionally about his private life in book form. It's really the expectation of a tell-all on the salacious side of his life that is what is going to attract someone to throw the biggest cheques at him - and that's not something he's that desperate to share.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-06 03:57 by Gazza.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: October 10, 2013 16:42

Many people would buy it. He has lived a life very close to the struggling, still touring, very talented bluesmem that he admires. I am sure their are many siularities except he his white.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 10, 2013 17:01

Not that many would buy it because for the majority of his life he has led a life far too similar to the thousands of fat widdly guitarists in pub blues/rock bands all over the world.

Date: October 10, 2013 17:10

His Majesty
Not that many would buy it because for the majority of his life he has led a life far too similar to the thousands of fat widdly guitarists in pub blues/rock bands all over the world.

well theres some truth in that.

its the whole story, maybe not a wide audience for it, but more than you think would find it compelling..

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: October 10, 2013 17:25

His Majesty

If only he could have gone out a burnt out joke drowned in a pool maybe it would have garnered more interest.

Date: October 10, 2013 17:26

StonesCat
His Majesty

If only he could have gone out a burnt out joke drowned in a pool maybe it would have garnered more interest.

Lol.

Feel better now?

Date: October 10, 2013 18:02

duke richardson

its the whole story, maybe not a wide audience for it, but more than you think would find it compelling..

I would buy it. grinning smiley

Date: October 10, 2013 18:54

you ever think about writing it?

you are a good historian and critic, it seems..

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home