Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Concern about billing as "Farewell Tour"
Posted by: mark ()
Date: April 28, 2005 21:00

"IF" and I clarify "IF" this tour is billed as the Farewell Tour hang on to your hats or wallets in this case.

I have been working in the same office of about 100 people ( a statistical population) for about 20 years now. My love or sickness of the Stones is well known and riddiculed on a regular basis...but I have been determined to educate and stand my ground. The guy next to me went to the 72 opening nght and had balked at going to another show, the guy to the other side was outside trying to get through the riot to get in, he is in a rock band that plays Stones but never showed any interest since. Other than that a couple of sectretaries have been dragged to the odd show by their men.

Well Mark has been declaring this may be it and you know what is happening. I now have had to start a list of interested persons who will first be playing the RS club membership angle then the ticketmaster route.

Fans have been playing the ticket game for a long time now and have kept abreast of changes. Just a little change in the billing may make this tour the mother of tours to get tickets too. Facter in the scalping and it may get rediculous. If this office is any indication you do the math.

Please may I be wrong and don't tell anyone they are touring.

Re: Concern about billing as "Farewell Tour"
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 28, 2005 21:08

they won't call it their farewell tour..but they won't have to.. most every fan looks like it could be.. with most of the band over 60...do the math!

plus with the touring business getting better..and with a hot (i hope) new album, to tour with, i think we will see a big tour, with lots of new and excited fans... new fans/new blood..
but if its a bad album, poor sales, then we will see smaller venues but with the same ticket prices.. there is enough old fans to pay the price and fill 20,000 seats..we will still have to pay$$$$ to see them...ha!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 28, 2005 21:12

Farewell tours are lame, whether or not its really the last one.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: April 28, 2005 21:28

i thought only the who & cher did farewell tours...

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: April 28, 2005 21:42

The Stones is embarking on their last major tour around the world. They know as well as we do that aging is a major concern now.
In fact I see it as their last tour and they will give us one hell of a tour (as if they've nerver done that before huh). This tour will top all others and I don't think we will be ripped off that much dollars this time as the last one!
Anyway I think it's worth it if I have to pay up 70 Euros for a ticket.

HJofSweden

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 28, 2005 21:53

I remember for years thinking I'd seen their last show - leeds 25-7-82,so anything that came afterwards has been a massive bonus.

I thought BTB was going to be the last MAJOR world tour ,so who knows?

I'm sure the Stones themselves don't.

sc uk

Posted by: mark ()
Date: April 28, 2005 21:53

I think you missed the point...it's not what the Stones do...it's that you may be competing with more closet fans if the idea that this is the last chance you have to see them becomes an issue. If I was the only guy going for the last 30 years and now I have a list of interested fellow workers...start the multiplication on competion at the box office.

The issue arises with it being harder to get a ticket with more competion and then if forced to buy by other than distribution methods. If fans and scalpers are going to ask top dollar and use the farewell tour as the sell feature.

rovalle.....love that...Cher just did two shows locally and I thought her second farewell tour ended a while ago....I think they are calling them extended farewell tours now. Fortunatly I only took in the first Who farewell tour.

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: April 28, 2005 22:29

I see your point now!
It might just turn out to be more dates added where this problem
occurs.

HJofSweden

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 29, 2005 13:07

Every time I've thought they have another tour in them at the end of a tour. However time waits for no man. To me this is a tour to go to and if it is the last so be it.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: April 29, 2005 16:31

sometimes what happens though, is that the band has a farewell tour, and then a few years later, they have another smaller one.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 29, 2005 16:36

Mark has made a good point as members of my family have hinted for years they would like to go to a stones concert and of course with this haveing a chance of being the last one they are all getting interested.

Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: May 1, 2005 14:22

Many, many bands have announced a final tour...then came back again and again. If the Stones themselves ever officially say it is....that will be the end of the ballgame. Why don't we start a thread about the posers that announce a last tour, and don't keep their word? We seem to rip the Stones on every subject. F**K the Eagles and hell freezes over, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home