Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

why are you comin' to SHOWS if they are so bad ??
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: April 29, 2005 13:42

if Bercy was not good, you could save money for holidays? Isn'it. Stade de france was also a great concert. To my mind, Bercy was better than "madison four flicks"

Re: why are you comin' to SHOWS if they are so bad ??
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 29, 2005 14:11

The Paris shows were all good (Olmypia was excellant). I've never seen a bad Stones show (except the second night in Paris 1990 but this was due to a bad seat at the back of the stadium) but some are better than others. You pay your money and take your chances, a bit like going to a football match because you don't quite know what is going to happen.

Date: April 29, 2005 23:30

I have no intention of paying the equivalent of one way first class airfare Seattle - Northern California to see the band slog through yet another greatest hits show. However, if they play Key Arena (formerly Seattle Coliseum) I'll walk down there and check out the scene because I live four blocks away. Might even stick around to listen to the music from outside.

I'm not saying the Stones are bad now, it's just that I've seen them twice and not much has changed since '81, has it?

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 30, 2005 00:58

I have seen the Stones a thousend times on videos and dvd and in reality twice. The latter two sucked in comaprsion so I' aint going. But if dad wants to see them I will go with him. You know - its ok, they rock, you can rock too. Somebody always will.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 30, 2005 01:16

Here is my trouble...other than my other post regarding the prices vs other musicians (the point was that I can see tons of great shows for the price of one Stones ticket)...

The Hollywood Bowl SUCKS to see a rock concert

The Hollywood Palladium SUCKS to see a rock concert

Not sure I want to spend a decent amount of money to sit a mile away at the Bowl. It is narrow & goes straight back. Further, people own boxes there...all up front...so those tix never go on sale to the public. In short...EL STINKO!

Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: April 30, 2005 06:07

The present day shows lack spontanaiety & improvisation, with little difference between the arrangements from steel Wheels to the previous licks tour. The guitar sound is lacking in dynamism. Indeed, some tracks signature riffs are only barely recognisable due to Leavell's boring keyboard. Oh, for a nicky hopkins & a revitalised Keef with M. Taylor.

However, having said that, a Stones show is a major event & still exciting. As a diehard fan of 20 years, it's more a visual & nostalgic tour de force for me rather than an opportunity to hear some magical stones playing. I'll go to a show on the new tour ( if they come to Australia) and I would probably even buy the live CD. Howvever, I probably wont enjoy playing it, and stick to Ya Ya's, boots from the Taylor years & Jagger's incredible Aussie solo tour of '88.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 30, 2005 08:07

Where abouts ya live in Aussie land mate?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: April 30, 2005 09:17

Couldn't agree more Mikesnaps.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 30, 2005 09:20

THEY STILL PUT ON A GREAT SHOW. IF U DON'T THINK SO, WHY COME TO THIS SITE???
MICK HAS THE MOVES, KEITH HAS THE RIFF - ALL IS GOOD.

Date: April 30, 2005 12:09

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > THEY STILL PUT ON A GREAT SHOW. IF U DON'T THINK
> SO, WHY COME TO THIS SITE???
> MICK HAS THE MOVES, KEITH HAS THE RIFF - ALL IS
> GOOD.

Don't be such an @#$%&. Save that for me. ;`}

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 30, 2005 14:01

They still put on a good show and you get to travel and meet people. I couldn't go to a place and spend a week sat around on the beach. I go on holiday when the Stones tour, meet old friends and have a good time.

This time I've been out of work a couple of years so I can't afford to do any shows but I'll make it some how.

Posted by: jss ()
Date: April 30, 2005 14:30

i would rather go to the beach and listen to some girls

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 30, 2005 15:31

I'd rather go to the Stones show then go to the beach and screw some girls!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: May 1, 2005 14:03

ROCKMAN - I live in good old Adelaide.

Edward Twining - Thanks, I get the impression from our previous posts on the quality of present day Stones performances that we are on the same wave length.

J.J.Flash - I come to this website because I love the Stones, have been a devoted fan for over half my life. When my peers in high school in the mid 80's mocked me for my love of the band (forgive them for they know not what they do) I stood steadfast & defended them.
I still listen to them 21 years later, wonder what my high school peers are listening to now? Please don't insinuate I can't come here & give a honest opinion. I just feel their present day live playing is not up to scratch. I agree Jagger is still the ultimate showman, but couldn't Keef & Ron help him out with some inspired rather than insipid playing?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home