Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bill Wyman interview:
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: April 27, 2005 16:56

"But doesn't he miss rolling with Stones Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts?
"Not at all," insists Wyman. "I still see them socially all the time - we're like family and I like it like that. They keep dropping hints like 'There might be a job for you next year' but I'm not interested. Life is better than it's ever been.
"I can start a project and see it right through to its conclusion, which I couldn't do when I was with the band."

Whole article here: [www.sheffieldtoday.net]

Re: Bill Wyman interview:
Posted by: Deidre ()
Date: April 27, 2005 17:51

Go on you old b*gger do it for your fans - even if its Euro dates only, (close to home).

Hope they offer him a shit load of money.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: April 27, 2005 17:59

Bill - tell the Glimmers that you'll ONLY accept if they "include" a certain
Mr. M. Taylor!!!!! MLC

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 27, 2005 18:13

Just listened to Mick Taylor last night: "Mick Taylor" and "A Stones' Throw".... puha - what a terrible voice he has (completely false) - even Keith / Ronnie do sing much better - Bill as well sings better.....

Date: April 27, 2005 18:45

You're at it again. Oh well. I think most would disagree. His voice is now more genuine bluesy than K or R. Much though I like Wyman's bass...... his voice....well.....he's got one......but he talks more than sings......

And, just for you, a new thread on Taylor's voice........----------->

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-27 18:59 by Deidre.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 27, 2005 18:48

i don't think jagger/richards asked him back... i don't believe in one minute that bill wouldn't jump at the chance to come back.. i read him say that he left the stones a little too soon..because of how much they are making in todays tours! also mick and keith seem to be like, we moved on, we have a new bass player, who does a great job and we don't have to pay him as much as we would have to pay bill! mick's all business!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 27, 2005 18:50

MCDDTLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bill - tell the Glimmers that you'll ONLY accept
> if they "include" a certain
> Mr. M. Taylor!!!!! MLC

You mean his former Rhythm King Martin Taylor? He doesn´t fit at all;-) He´s even worse than the other one with the "M".

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 27, 2005 19:22

screw that old bastard

Date: April 27, 2005 19:25

Well, if you think Mick T has a great voice - I would say, you need some singing lesson to be able to judge it.....

Date: April 27, 2005 19:33

I think hot stuff is %100 right

Date: April 27, 2005 19:42

honk,

I didn't say it was great. Read again.

It's now matured into a good vehicle which suits his blues/jazz stlye/content.

Of the people you mention, I think that Keith once had the best. Certainly could convey (and still does) the most emotion.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 27, 2005 20:43

Bill is sh*t scared of flying.
This is the main reason why he left the Stones; everything else is just fabrications... He may feel sissy to admit it.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: April 27, 2005 20:49

Right hot stuff, you nailed it! There is no need for Bill, no way a live show would work with this old lame playing, nonmoving guy nowadays - Keith seems to be happy with Darryl, he has one he can pose to while playing. Fans still go the live shows, so why old uncle Bill? There´s no need to pay him money.
Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman are not part of the cash machine anymore because of their own free will - none of them should complain.

Date: April 27, 2005 20:54

he was a stone a long time..how many of us would stay with the same company, wife, etc for almost 30 years? i just wish he would come back for 1 last tour.. how many can at 60+ play at the level of the stones? he can't be happy playing to 25 people at a dinner club outside of london.. go out and see a good doctor about your fear of flying and beg jagger to come back! no one who loves playing music is happy spending all your free time looking for lost gold..ha...

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: April 27, 2005 21:01

>>Bill is sh*t scared of flying.
This is the main reason why he left the Stones; everything else is just fabrications... He may feel sissy to admit it.<<

...But wasn't he in the air corps or something as a young man?

(...Or was there supposed to be a smilie I missed in there?)

Which reminds me, any one of you have noticed on all those army and young man photos, Bill is almost always beaming and all... Then with the Stones he becomes stoneface from day one it seems... Was that a fabricated image, that he just took more seriously than the others (who don't ALWAYS sulk on the pictures [except Charlie, but we know Charlie is no image thing but real!)?

Date: April 27, 2005 21:14

that a good question..i do remember seeing very old pictures of bill with the stones around 1963 and he had a big smile.. in fact their were a lot back then..
he didn't look very cool... so i think andrew oldham put a stop to it...

i also recall ronnie wood in the 75 tour was told to stop smiling all the time..wood said that in a interview. around the black and blue album...

so i think it was just image for bill....plus he looks better when he's not with that big jimmy carter (teeth) smile... just check out that picture of him in that interview...ha! bad boys don't smile all the time!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2005 21:20

Bill used to stand their looking as bored as ever on stage, he would literally melt into the background while Mick and Keith were up front and in your face.

If he were to be invited back -which is highly doubtful- he may slow down the show.

Instead the Stones could put a mannequin or a cardboard cut-out of Bill onstage...and let Daryll hide behing the curtains playing the bass lines. Many would be fooled, and it would be hard to tell the difference. Only the bass experts would be able to tell that something wasn't right.

Date: April 27, 2005 21:38

He said he used to hold the bass´ neck up high to not be blinded by the spots; so he could spy chicks out in the crowd.

The fear of flying he developed during his latest years as a Stone.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: April 27, 2005 21:51

Bill left for some of the same reasons Taylor left, no song writing credits/
Royalties, Jagger/Richards always getting the Lion's share of the profit's,
he finally saved up enough to go his own way. He mention's in his book talking
to Taylor about that when they were together (in the 70's)

Honk - you must have "something" stuffed in your ears if you think Keith or Ronnie have a better voice than Taylor!!! Take Taylor's CD back, we don't want
you to have it!! trade it in for the Bay City Rollers -that's your speed!!!

MLC

Date: April 27, 2005 21:52

"...But wasn't he in the air corps or something as a young man? "

Has he ever been a young man - he always seemed old to me.....

maybe that's why he had succes among the young girls / chicks - they like the older experienced ones (rumours say they are better) / or this missing father figure ......

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 27, 2005 22:06

KR thanks for the article..

And this post is not about Taylor, unreal, some people will not write anything without mentioning his name. Regardless of what is being talked about. By the way Taylor mentioned I beleive on the BBC that Keith's singing he found to be very good, better than his own.

Date: April 27, 2005 22:11

I like Hairball's idea.

Alternatively, bring back Bill and dress him up/disguise him as Darryl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-27 22:12 by Deidre.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2005 01:47

Yes!
Or maybe Darryl could dress up/disguise himself as Bill?
I don't think he'd be able to stand still and pose like Bill the mannequin though.
Plus, he's fatter than Bill and he'd have to cut off his dreadlocks.
It wouldn't work.

Date: April 28, 2005 13:23

country honk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "...But wasn't he in the air corps or something as
> a young man? "
>
> Has he ever been a young man - he always seemed
> old to me.....

---

He did his military service back in 1955...

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 28, 2005 16:24

Bill wrote thr riff to JJF and the worlds most famous bassline; Miss you. He didnt get shit and so eventually he quit. Mick and Keith knows that if Bill woiuld join them onstage they would become the full band again and they would sell more tickets. A new album would be a bigtime seller too with Bill just for the fact that its Bill on the bass. Im pretty sure they want him back for these reasons.

Date: April 28, 2005 17:10

no way-- most fans don't care..sadly..the stones biggest selling tours were all after bill left the band...so it didn't effect the stones at all..on getting writing credits, with the stones... jjf, he gave a few notes, some ideas, keith wrote it.. its takes more than just a note or 2 too put together a song..
if the work that bill has done was any good the stones would have used it..
his solo works were not stones songs and if he was a good song writer he would have done a lot better... he made a ton of cash with the stones, more than he could have ever earned on his own.. mick, keith, brian and charlie were the rolling stones.. bill added to it,and helped them become the greatest rock band in the world....i would love to see him back but sadly mick and keith don't care if he returns....most fans don't care either...what will bring the fans out in large numbers will be a great new album and not the return of bill!
p.s. i would love to see him back..i liked him...

Date: April 28, 2005 19:27

I dont mind darryl as long as they dont make him a stone
he is right where he belongs, a side man

Date: April 28, 2005 23:46

Bill is like an old door that hasnt got its oil for too long...
Bill had his share, his lays, his thousands of groupies.
I must ask you again and again LA Forum; Why give Bill credit for two songs? He didnt even write them... We´re talking a bass line here! He had still been playing in his Clifftones or whatever they name was, if it wasnt for his lucky day when he could rehearse with the coolest cats in town.
Bill had & have fame, his Gedding Hall, his Sticky Fingers Restaurant & his band. He ought to earn plenty dinero on his books (does he give his ghost writers credits?).
... That Marianne didnt get credit for Sister Morphine is maybe a bigger issue.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 29, 2005 11:48

Yes and Ringo would have been cutting hair in Liverpool bu the got credit for comming up with the title Tomrrow never knows - in the books, not on record, but still. Bill wrote the riff to the worlds most famous rock song and he wrote the bassline which is the songs main attribute (Miss you). In any other band the credits whb Jagger/Richards/Wyman (really Mick and Bill). Ruby Tuesday wouyld have been Jagger/Richards/Jones (really Brian and Keith)to mention one that Brian co-wrote.

Date: April 29, 2005 11:51

"the worlds most famous rock song". JJF?
Maybe. But what about Satisfaction?
And I´m sure there are some more candidates out there, outside this forum.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home