Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...145146147148149150151152153154155...LastNext
Current Page: 150 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 19, 2015 00:30

Keith's album is expected to sell 30-35k in the U.S during the first week, enough for a Top 10 debut on the Billboard chart.
It could be the first Top 10 album for a solo Stone in the U.S, the best peak positions so far are Wandering Spirit #11, She's The Boss #13 and Talk Is Cheap #24)
Main Offender peaked at #99 in 1992.

Date: September 19, 2015 00:35

Bashlets
SOMETHING FOR NOTHING with the Harlem Gospel choir is also stunning. Driving today in my car( and I am not a sentimental guy at all) but JUST A GIFT was on and the music just swept over me totally and I could feel myself tearing up. The part near the end " thats all right, thats all right, thats all right with me" I just found it totally emotional and in a good way. There is something in that song that just floors me. It's just beautiful man.

Just A Gift is the best ballad on the album, the music on it is perfect, the guitars, piano, strings... all is perfect.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 19, 2015 00:44

keefriffhards
Just want to say the netflix film was brilliant
It showed the real Keith, behind all the image, and what came across was lovely
He don't hide his age or wrinkles, he just is what he is
A man happy in his skin, proud of his loves and achievements, and still loyal to the Stones and their fans
He seems high on music and life, and so he should be

Now when is my damn album going to arrive so i can talk about it lol

you do realize that's just his new image, right?

Date: September 19, 2015 00:48

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:18 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 19, 2015 00:54

georgelicks
Keith's album is expected to sell 30-35k in the U.S during the first week, enough for a Top 10 debut on the Billboard chart.
It could be the first Top 10 album for a solo Stone in the U.S, the best peak positions so far are Wandering Spirit #11, She's The Boss #13 and Talk Is Cheap #24)

Yes that's pretty exciting but with all the PR and media blitz it is not entirely unexpected. For a solo artist like Keith to enter the Top 10, such a campaign is a big part of it, imo. The real information will come when we see the sales figures for the next 3 weeks and determine if he can continue to sell the record or it drops off dramatically once the die hard Keith fans have all been satisfied and if the music is compelling enough to attract more casual and new fans.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:10

'Trouble' acoustic version...OMG!! I love it!!
[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 19, 2015 01:17

Naturalust
georgelicks

Yes that's pretty exciting but with all the PR and media blitz it is not entirely unexpected. For a solo artist like Keith to enter the Top 10, such a campaign is a big part of it, imo. The real information will come when we see the sales figures for the next 3 weeks and determine if he can continue to sell the record or it drops off dramatically once the die hard Keith fans have all been satisfied and if the music is compelling enough to attract more casual and new fans.

On today's market it's impossible to stay on the charts without airplay, stream or download sales.
It will sell on par with the Sticky Fingers re-issue, a Top 10 debut and then 31-66-111 during the first month, a couple of more weeks on the lower part of the chart and then out of the Top 200 after 7-8 weeks.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:18

Marhsall
So much for pre-ordering from Keith's site..I've still not got the cd & now I got an email saying the pic's & case I've preordered 30 days ago, I'm going to have to wait another 30 days for since they're out!

I'm in the same boat. Pre-ordered from Keith's site, still no vinyl and guitar picks on backorder. This is not how I'd envisioned my September 18th. sad smiley

Date: September 19, 2015 01:28

georgelicks
Naturalust
georgelicks

On today's market it's impossible to stay on the charts without airplay, stream or download sales.
It will sell on par with the Sticky Fingers re-issue, a Top 10 debut and then 31-66-111 during the first month, a couple of more weeks on the lower part of the chart and then out of the Top 200 after 7-8 weeks.

I'm guessing that unless they keep the blitz up it will drop off a bit quicker. Not sure the SF re-issue is a good comparison, the amount of Stones fans trumps the amount of Keith solo fans by a good number. I hope you are right however and we will have to revisit the issue in a few weeks. thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:29

siriusxm #KeithRichards goes one on one with David Fricke on #TheSpectrum tonight at 8:00pm ET!

[instagram.com]

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:30

The album is so good. Keith can always pull out such a nice riffs and melodies. Heart stopper awsome, beautiful ballads, love the jam in substantial damage. Thank you Keith. its your best solo album and better than any recent stuff from stones. Mick is great but you are the one who still keeps the genious.

Date: September 19, 2015 01:32

My God, How many packs of Marlboro Reds does Keith need to get through an interview? Four? Perhaps they were just a gift from the hosts to make him feel at home. smoking smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:34

wooohooo, last bonus track copy at my neighborhood Best Buy, they had the thing all the way at the bottom of the rack, I couldn't even find it at first. I can't remember the last time I walked into a store on the day of release and bought an album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-19 01:34 by mnewman505.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:35

Don't know if it's been mentioned but, to these ears Illusion is Locked Away and Something for Nothing is Ivy League (You Got It Made)...just my first observation talkin'.

Date: September 19, 2015 01:36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:18 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 19, 2015 01:40

DandelionPowderman
How is the bonus track, a dub? An instrumental?

Same cut except with a less horns and Lee Scratch Perry voc's.

Date: September 19, 2015 01:41

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:19 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 19, 2015 01:42

Same length.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:47

I heard, clear as a bell, the 'Baby Break It Down' riff in there, I can't remember which track. I've only had one listen. I haven't had this much fun listening to an album in a very long time. It isn't perfect. In fact, it is beautifully imperfect.

Date: September 19, 2015 01:49

Tate
I heard, clear as a bell, the 'Baby Break It Down' riff in there, I can't remember which track. I've only had one listen. I haven't had this much fun listening to an album in a very long time. It isn't perfect. In fact, it is beautifully imperfect.

Illusion, it's got it all in there.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:59

TeddyB1018
kowalski
Bastion
DandelionPowderman
Bastion
Extremely dated production... Makes it almost unlistenable. Do yourself a favour and get the new Libertines album instead.

Luckily, it is thumbs up A modern production would have ruined these songs.

...No it wouldn't have. Should have had someone like Stephen Street on the job. The production on this album is extremely amateur.

The new Libertines album, while quite enjoyable, sounds very clean and a bit too modernish. It makes me wish they had hired again Mick Jones as producer like on their first two albums.

On the other hand, Keith's album sounds very fresh to me because you just listen to him and his band playing together with no additional production. The fact that Keith has written many great songs helps a lot too of course... smiling smiley

Exactly this. The Libs' album suffers for the lack of spark they achieved in last from playing as a band, and the "modern" touches emphasize the flaws. Keith and Jordan's production does the opposite. As with the first two Libertines albums, there are lots of subtle overdubs and "sweetening", as they called it in the old days, almost disappearing into the mix, all very sympathetic to the organic whole. Stephen Street, who was passed over for the Libertines record, is a good pop producer, but neither Keith nor the Libertines would be better off for it. Pete Doherty and Babyshambles need such a producer because they don't have a sound since Pat Walden left. The Libertines have a sound, which Jake Gosling failed to capture, and Keith and company definitely have a sound.

On the last Libs album I can hear them play but the feeling has been lost somewhere along the production process. Now why they choosed Gosling as producer is beyond me...

Like many have said here Keith's album is first about the music and production is focused on capturing a band playing for real. Such albums have become so rare these days.

Another recent album I would recommend featuring a production focused on the band sound is the last Public Image Ltd album. Really good band interaction and great playing. Lydon's chant adds a lot too...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 19, 2015 02:01

georgelicks
Naturalust
georgelicks

I disagree and i'm sticking my neck out here, but i think this album will sell well up to Christmas. I am usually right about things like this
Basically he has widened his audience with his biography Life and Pirates
Keith is what i call unique, he falls into many categories, and he is becoming this wise old man, Buddha like character, that appeals to all ages and connects with peoples souls. His music does the rest lol

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 19, 2015 02:03

Really loving this album. It's quite a mixed bag, something for everyone really. There's some really odd and unusual sounds in this album. Weird effects. A singing choir even. It's definitely an album that you can absorb over a period, something to savour.

Some tunes are simply divine - like Love Overdue and Robbed Blind. Amnesia is good also.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 19, 2015 02:08

Do the CD or vinyl notes say which musician/singer played what on each song? If so, could someone please post the details here? Thanks! Other credits would good also, mastering, mixing etc.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 19, 2015 02:13

shadooby
Tate

Illusion, it's got it all in there.

I heard it on Nothing on Me.

Date: September 19, 2015 02:15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:19 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 19, 2015 02:30

hot smiley

Posted by: Mr1970 ()
Date: September 19, 2015 02:30

Boy, I am hearing "Demon" on several tracks, including Nothing On Me. That tracks sounds exactly like Demon. Then, Illusion also has that same melody. Anyone else hear it?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 19, 2015 03:06

A masterpiece!
If this the last album by the Stones
Then Keith should be very proud!

It's amazing. Loving it. Thanks Keith.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 19, 2015 03:22

I also did not receive my order from Crosseyed/Keith website. Upon following up (and we were charged when ordered) we were told the order 'didn't go thru' and they issued a refund :-(. I hope this doesn't affect the sales numbers/ charts?

But my local Best Buy had it in stock (thank God)

I LOVE this album/CD. Agree w/ varied as a classic Stones LP, years since I've been this excited/ drawn to new music,
so far (and it's too early really) my favorite pairs of songs:
Crosseyed Heart (perfect)
Heartstopper (But when she holds me something starts anew She forgives me and I forgive her too) this song is about his marriage/ totally relate.
Something For Nothing (then slides into) Illusion (BOTH INCREDIBLE)
Just A Gift: this also washed over and made me tear on first listen! Song's about Jagger, IMO.
Substantial Damage, freakin' love,
and Trouble renewed awesome too!
Gotta run,
love Keith love the love for Keith, thanks IORR.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...145146147148149150151152153154155...LastNext
Current Page: 150 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home