Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 10, 2015 23:46

More Ruven Afanador photos from the Billboard cover shoot:

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:02

johnny you are awesome for posting all this. thanks again.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:04

Turner68
keefriffhards
Naturalust
Hairball
“The Grateful Dead is where everybody got it wrong,” he scoffs. “Just poodling about for hours and hours. Jerry Garcia, boring shit, man. Sorry, Jerry.”

Hahaha - Sgt Peppers, Black Sabbath, Rap, and now the Grateful Dead.
Looking forward to what's next on Keith's shit list. drinking smiley

Keith probably quit listening to contemporary music some time in the late 70's, it's hard to take anything he says about other artists after that point very seriously. I can only imagine the last Dead record or live show Keith actually listened to was Working Mans Dead. lol

I actually agree with Keith on what music he thinks is crap these days, and so do a lot of people i know
Why do you always assume you know Keith well enough to know what music he listens too.
Its really bugging me
Stop imagining you know the last Grateful Dead CD Keith listened to etc
I like your posts until you get on the subject of Keith, you refer to him like he is an old fool, stuck in the past
Nothing so far about this new album is embarrassingly old in style, out of date or past it. My teenage sons like it and they are very critical of ''old music''
Like myself, Keith probably figured out years ago that most contemporary music these days is not for most music lovers
The industry is pitiful these days, but there is so much fantastic music out there, but not on radio 1 or the chart show or whatever equivalent you have in the US
Naturalust, do you think we should all get into music made for teeny boppers to have more credibility lol winking smiley

sometime i think keith must have really offended naturalist back at their legendary meeting in mexico in the early 80s....

lol. C'mon guys get real here. Have I actually come across as some sort of guy who feels Keith is out of it or something? He's actually my favorite Stone by far and I have lots of love and respect for the guy. Just because I don't like every song I've heard on his new record doesn't change that. He certainly doesn't need you defending him from any critique or opinion here on iorr.

Keith has actually said he doesn't listen to much modern music, it's certainly not a big stretch to assume he hasn't listened to much Grateful Dead. Keith has also said he listens to classical and a lot of roots and early blues, jazz and R & B. Music for teeny boppers? No riffhards, contemporary music means present day music, not chart topping music, teeny bopper music or Radio 1 music. Modern pop music is mostly crap but there are actually a lot of contemporary artists making excellent new music!

If you really believe Keith is up to date on such things you probably don't know Keith very well. Go back to some of the old interviews and Keith will confirm it for you himself. That's what I'm basing my opinion on and that's why me (and others) take it with a grain of salt when he talks about artists he probably doesn't know much about. Keith doesn't like the Dead, of course he isn't going to spend any time listening to them. grinning smiley

(btw riffhards, he's been asked the question about what he listens to many times so it shouldn't be that hard to educate yourself a bit)

As far as my time with Keith in Baja, it only made me more of a fan actually. The guy was nice, down to earth, fun, happy and generous beyond any expectations I had. His tip at the end of his trip was huge!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-11 00:09 by Naturalust.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:25

I was surprised to hear in the interview above that Keith is still taking Dilatin for his head injury. That's 9 years of powerful medication
That stuff has some hideous long term side effects
Goes to show Keith goes through quite a lot to still be a Rolling Stone touring the world
That medication alone would be a challenge for most 70 something's, let alone throwing in hash vodka and cigs for good measure..
Jezz Keith is living on the ledge over the edge..

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:26

Nice interview, thanks for posting it, as well as the pictures.

On the subject of Reggae, "Love Overdue" is nice but it doesn't have that "little something" of YDHTMI and of WOW. They share a nice "quirky" break towards the end that takes them to another level. Should have come up with another original reggae tune ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 11, 2015 00:27

keefriffhards
I was surprised to hear in the interview above that Keith is still taking Dilatin for his head injury. That's 9 years of powerful medication
Goes to show Keith goes through quite a lot to still be a Rolling Stone touring the world
That medication alone would be a challenge for most 70 something's, let alone throwing in hash vodka and cigs for good measure..

yeah he opened up a lot more in this interview - even let the interviewer feel his skull lol! makes you wonder if the usual boring keith interview with the same soundbites is more the fault of the interviewer. or maybe he was just in a good mood.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:33

Naturalust
Turner68
keefriffhards
Naturalust
Hairball
“The Grateful Dead is where everybody got it wrong,” he scoffs. “Just poodling about for hours and hours. Jerry Garcia, boring shit, man. Sorry, Jerry.”

Keith probably quit listening to contemporary music some time in the late 70's, it's hard to take anything he says about other artists after that point very seriously. I can only imagine the last Dead record or live show Keith actually listened to was Working Mans Dead. lol

I actually agree with Keith on what music he thinks is crap these days, and so do a lot of people i know
Why do you always assume you know Keith well enough to know what music he listens too.
Its really bugging me
I like your posts until you get on the subject of Keith, you refer to him like he is an old fool, stuck in the past
Nothing so far about this new album is embarrassingly old in style, out of date or past it. My teenage sons like it and they are very critical of ''old music''
Like myself, Keith probably figured out years ago that most contemporary music these days is not for most music lovers
The industry is pitiful these days, but there is so much fantastic music out there, but not on radio 1 or the chart show or whatever equivalent you have in the US
Naturalust, do you think we should all get into music made for teeny boppers to have more credibility lol winking smiley

sometime i think keith must have really offended naturalist back at their legendary meeting in mexico in the early 80s....

lol. C'mon guys get real here. Have I actually come across as some sort of guy who feels Keith is out of it or something? He's actually my favorite Stone by far and I have lots of love and respect for the guy. Just because I don't like every song I've heard on his new record doesn't change that. He certainly doesn't need you defending him from any critique or opinion here on iorr.

Keith has actually said he doesn't listen to much modern music, it's certainly not a big stretch to assume he hasn't listened to much Grateful Dead. Keith has also said he listens to classical and a lot of roots and early blues, jazz and R & B. Music for teeny boppers? No riffhards, contemporary music means present day music, not chart topping music, teeny bopper music or Radio 1 music. Modern pop music is mostly crap but there are actually a lot of contemporary artists making excellent new music!

If you really believe Keith is up to date on such things you probably don't know Keith very well. Go back to some of the old interviews and Keith will confirm it for you himself. That's what I'm basing my opinion on and that's why me (and others) take it with a grain of salt when he talks about artists he probably doesn't know much about. Keith doesn't like the Dead, of course he isn't going to spend any time listening to them. grinning smiley

(btw riffhards, he's been asked the question about what he listens to many times so it shouldn't be that hard to educate yourself a bit)

As far as my time with Keith in Baja, it only made me more of a fan actually. The guy was nice, down to earth, fun, happy and generous beyond any expectations I had. His tip at the end of his trip was huge!

And, there you have it: out of the mouth of one of the most vocal "not every song Keith releases is gold" posters on the board. There can be no more doubt: Keith IS the most popular Stone amongst fans on this--and probably most other--boards.

Now that we've got THAT out of the way ...

So much of this is a tempest in a teacup, anyway. The promotional run-up to this record, while impressive, will be ineffectual, like it has been for all classic rockers in the recent past. The record will sell what it's going to sell the first week and then drop off a cliff and won't be talked about by anyone except the posters on this and other boards. Look at the streaming numbers for CROSSEYED HEART for week two. They will be (relatively) microscopic. The main reasons for this: Keith's fans will have bought the record; there will be no hits; so no one new will be interested.

None of this is to say that CROSSEYED HEART won't be a good album, or that Keith was stupid to bother recording it. It'll be a good (or great!) album to anyone who enjoys it and I'm sure there will be one or two people in that category on this board. But, not to put too fine a point on it, the number of people in the world for whom Keith Richards is an acceptable lead vocalist is tiny. There's a reason for the cliche of the "piss breaks" during Keith's Stones set. He's just not the reason that most folks come to those shows for. In fact, there may even be a fair number of those people who do not even know that Keith co-wrote those songs they're raising their glasses and shaking their asses to.

But, that's not exactly the point. Lots of people here and elsewhere of course DO know who he is, do value his incredible contributions to popular music and will enjoy the @#$%& out of his new record.

NL is correct: there's TONS of great contemporary music ... but very little of it on the charts. It's not like the good ole days when you could find a JJF next to a bubblegum novelty or a Purple Haze next to a Cowsills record. The charts are pretty much all crap and it's in fact too easy to make fun of them. Keith, as an artist who venerates the past, should not be a dick when it comes to new music. He just comes off as an old fart flogging a record to a fanbase that is gradually disappearing. I'm frankly surprised he isn't more into modern music, doesn't share passions for artists he has discovered. If he's that calcified in his tastes, then too bad for him. He's just missing out. But, again, he doesn't need to come off as a dick. But he's playing to his "base," of course, throwing out red meat to classic rock fans who can't get into Kendrick Lamar or Mastodon.

Date: September 11, 2015 00:37

Naturalust
Turner68
keefriffhards
Naturalust
Hairball

Its really bugging me

I don't think you read my post properly. I didn't say or suggest Keith listens to teeny boppers music. Listen NL i know more about music than you could ever learn. I just don't blow my own trumpet all the time like you. Pardon the pun

Date: September 11, 2015 00:39

can we at least agree that Keith is right about the grateful dead?
smileys with beer

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:40

oMG in that last black and white picture he is pointing at the groove in his head from the surgery check it out!!! And Dilantin is bad for your liver and makes you wobbly and slur your speech!!

Date: September 11, 2015 00:42

I really do enjoy my music lessons by NL
I don't know what i would do without his amazing knowledge and insight
I have been wrong about everything all these years
I know nothing about what Keith listens too lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-11 00:49 by keefriffhards.

Date: September 11, 2015 00:43

Wow you're right that is the groove. Amazing.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 11, 2015 00:48

Turner68
can we at least agree that Keith is right about the grateful dead?
smileys with beer

Nope.

Date: September 11, 2015 00:56

keefriffhards
I don't think you read my post properly. I didn't say or suggest Keith listens to teeny boppers music. Listen NL i know more about music than you could ever learn. I just don't blow my own trumpet all the time like you. Pardon the pun

eye popping smiley Say you as you blow you horn LOUDLY. Pretty outrageous statement, especially since you don't know me and have little idea what I know about music. lol Settle down riffhards, go back and do some research on Keith's listening habits and you will see what I was referring to. This isn't about you or me, it's about Keith and The Stones.

With statements like "Like myself, Keith probably figured out years ago that most contemporary music these days is not for most music lovers" you are only identifying how truly narrow and judgmental your concept of good music and music lovers is. Music lovers come in all types my friend, millions of them probably love lots of (contemporary) music you may abhor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-11 01:09 by Naturalust.

Date: September 11, 2015 00:58

Turner68
keefriffhards

yeah he opened up a lot more in this interview - even let the interviewer feel his skull lol! makes you wonder if the usual boring keith interview with the same soundbites is more the fault of the interviewer. or maybe he was just in a good mood.

I still think Keith is fundamentally a shy man.
I think he likes a few vodka's and campari's during interviews to relax into being the Keith he wants to show to the world
That's why your getting the classic Keith interviews again
But there is a flip side, he can have to many drinks and upset his glimmer twin again, and we don't want that do we

Date: September 11, 2015 00:59

Holy crap he has a huge dent there Turner..and he let the interviewer touch it and remember he let Ahmet Ertegun touch it backstage at a stones show and Ahmet died in the restroom directly thereafter remember????? Was it 2003?

Date: September 11, 2015 01:08

Err, look closer....those b & w photos are reverses of the color shots. So - which side is that "huge dent" on?

Oh, and Ahmet Ertegun didn't die in the restroom after falling at the Beacon Theater (in 2006).

Carry on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-11 01:47 by bye bye johnny.

Date: September 11, 2015 01:09

Naturalust
keefriffhards

eye popping smiley Say you as you blow you horn LOUDLY. Pretty outrageous statement, especially since you don't know me and have little idea what I know about music. lol Settle down riffhards, go back and do some research on Keith's listening habits and you will see what I was referring to. This isn't about you or me, it's about Keith and The Stones.

Ok NL no worries
But i do know keith's listening habits, i have read every interview he has ever done.
You also don't know me and have little idea of what i know about music
It goes both ways
You may not be aware, but you can be condescending sometimes and its cause and effect
Oh dear thats one of my faults too lol
Maybe we clash because we are as bad as each other winking smiley

Date: September 11, 2015 01:19

At the age of 83 on October 29, 2006, Ertegun attended a Rolling Stones benefit concert at the Beacon Theatre for the Clinton Foundation, which was attended by former US President, Bill Clinton. Prior to the show Ertegun was backstage in a VIP social area that was known on the Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang Tour as the "Rattlesnake Inn" when he tripped and fell, striking his head on the concrete floor. He was immediately rushed to the hospital after the fall[18] (the Rolling Stones' performance that evening was captured by Martin Scorsese in the documentary film entitled Shine a Light). Although Ertegun was initially in stable condition, he soon took a turn for the worse. This announcement was made by Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, during the band’s induction into the UK Music Hall of Fame.[19] Ertegün slipped into a coma and died weeks later on December 14, 2006, with his family by his side, at New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center.[20][21] Wikipedia is the source

Date: September 11, 2015 01:21

keefriffhards
Ok NL no worries
But i do know keith's listening habits, i have read every interview he has ever done.
It goes both ways
You may not be aware, but you can be condescending sometimes and its cause and effect

I think the difference is that I don't go into personal attack mode when I feel offended by such "condescending" statements like:

"Keith probably quit listening to contemporary music some time in the late 70's, it's hard to take anything he says about other artists after that point very seriously. I can only imagine the last Dead record or live show Keith actually listened to was Working Mans Dead. lol"

If you examine the statement it is clearly about Keith and his listening habits and said in a humorous way, expressed as an opinion with the obligatory "lol" at the end to try to ensure people knew it was said in a humorous light, and backed up in theory by many interviews from Keith himself.

Listen, I understand your love of all things Keith and think your protectiveness of him is kind of endearing but please don't take me or anyone else so seriously on here, it's only a fan board. I love opinions and humor from you and everyone else, it's when it's gets personal that it gets a bit uncomfortable. peace brother.

Date: September 11, 2015 01:24

Thanks for posting the Wiki entry confirming what was previously posted, tumbled.

Date: September 11, 2015 01:28

Naturalust
keefriffhards
Ok NL no worries
It goes both ways

I think the difference is that I don't go into personal attack mode when I feel offended by such "condescending" statements like:

"Keith probably quit listening to contemporary music some time in the late 70's, it's hard to take anything he says about other artists after that point very seriously. I can only imagine the last Dead record or live show Keith actually listened to was Working Mans Dead. lol"

If you examine the statement it is clearly about Keith and his listening habits and said in a humorous way, expressed as an opinion with the obligatory "lol" at the end to try to ensure people knew it was said in a humorous light, and backed up in theory by many interviews from Keith himself.

Listen, I understand your love of all things Keith and think your protectiveness of him is kind of endearing but please don't take me or anyone else so seriously on here, it's only a fan board. I love opinions and humor from you and everyone else, it's when it's gets personal that it gets a bit uncomfortable. peace brother.

I see what you mean
Its a storm in a tea cup really
No offence NL

Date: September 11, 2015 01:36

it's going to be weird on monday when there's no new keith track to unlock...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-11 01:37 by Turner68.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 11, 2015 02:10

Race relations in America: "I don’t think you can heal racism with the stroke of a pen. Or even with a generation or two. It has to come organically, really. All I know is that I’ve had more fun with black people than with white people."

Face palm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-11 02:28 by His Majesty.

Date: September 11, 2015 02:24

His Majesty
Race relations in America: "I don’t think you can heal racism with the stroke of a pen. Or even with a generation or two. It has to come organically, really. All I know is that I’ve had more fun with black people than with white people."

Face palm.

Keith's been round the block a few times, seen the world many times over and i would think he is right here
He said in another interview years ago that people are very tribal
It takes a long time for things to change, and for it to last it needs to be organic.
You cant force things, they should evolve naturally
We are all one, but it takes time for people to see it and realise it. IMHO
The powers that be like division, they feed from it, they cant control us when we realise we can all love each other, and we can run our own life without being governed by rules and regulations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-11 02:28 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 11, 2015 02:27

The face palm was with regards to the last part.

Date: September 11, 2015 02:28

His Majesty

I know lol

Date: September 11, 2015 02:36

keefriffhards
His Majesty

I know lol

yep, it was obvious to me as well. because that's exactly what my reaction was...

our boy is going hard and digging deep for some choice quotes to get word about his album out. you gotta hustle in this business and i haven't seen him hustle like this in a longggkggg time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-11 02:36 by Turner68.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 11, 2015 05:29

I don't think he is consciously 'hustling', more like the record company and his PR peeps booked him up good, and it's just 'Keith' medical MJ and all! CA gold rings on ya!

Re the outstanding pics from billboard: it's eyeliner in his hand, looks to me he is mocking/ joking putting it on (it's on thick in the photo's)

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 11, 2015 06:33

KR is pimping to get the word out on this record as much as Madonna did to get word out on her last effort.....interesting to watch the campaign as it builds up to release....and eventually...sales figures ...hope it does better than expected.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home