Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Love You Live - Overdubs
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 13, 2013 23:45

DandelionPowderman

Listen again. Taylor clashes with the rhythm in the centre.

Straight, dry and some what boring berry rhythm guitar in the centre of the acetate mix. More interesting guitars to the left and right.

The fill on the middle dry guitar at 2:18 - 2:22 whilst spikey guitar on right gets busy is cool though. Is that what you mean by clashing guitar?

A lick at the end of the song flies in over that middle rhythm guitar.

EDIT:

Ah, the kinda funkier guitar that bleeds through under that centre dry guitar at times?

So what's that, like 5 different guitars on this damn track? smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-14 00:07 by His Majesty.

Date: September 13, 2013 23:47

svt22

The Rolling Stones were more than a studio band only.
Lots of good players around indeed, and Taylor was one of them, on stage in particular. What's your point?

Pay attention. winking smiley

"it's no accident that Taylor's stint coincided with the Stones' most consistently great recordings."

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: September 13, 2013 23:57

His Majesty
svt22

Lots of good players around indeed, and Taylor was one of them, on stage in particular. What's your point?

"it's no accident that Taylor's stint coincided with the Stones' most consistently great recordings."

There's always a bit of luck involved in one's career. Even for a great player like Taylor was, back in the days. The Stones seemed to like him.

Date: September 14, 2013 00:01

svt22

There's always a bit of luck involved in one's career. Even for a great player like Taylor was, back in the days. The Stones seemed to like him.

smiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2013 00:03

Of course they liked him, why shouldn't they?

That doesn't make him the greatest guitarist in the Stones smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 14, 2013 00:03

His Majesty
svt22

Actually, I'd say it was a total accident. Doesn't take anything away from Taylor at all and in fact he enhance what they did. He wasn't involved at all on Beggar's and hardly on LIB. So I think we've established the Stones were doing this without MT. And I'm a Taylorist!

Same way you're not going to slam MT for GHS or IORR. Not bad albums but not at the same level as the big 4.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: September 14, 2013 00:04

His Majesty
svt22

smiling smiley

Awright, they still like him. smiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2013 00:05

treaclefingers
His Majesty
svt22

Actually, I'd say it was a total accident. Doesn't take anything away from Taylor at all and in fact he enhance what they did. He wasn't involved at all on Beggar's and hardly on LIB. So I think we've established the Stones were doing this without MT. And I'm a Taylorist!

Same way you're not going to slam MT for GHS or IORR. Not bad albums but not at the same level as the big 4.

Yeah. thumbs up

Date: September 14, 2013 00:10

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Listen again. Taylor clashes with the rhythm in the centre.

Straight, dry and some what boring berry rhythm guitar in the centre of the acetate mix. More interesting guitars to the left and right.

The fill on the middle dry guitar at 2:18 - 2:22 whilst spikey guitar on right gets busy is cool though. Is that what you mean by clashing guitar?

A lick at the end of the song flies in over that middle rhythm guitar.

EDIT:

Ah, the kinda funkier guitar that bleeds through under that centre dry guitar at times?

So what's that, like 5 different guitars on this damn track? smiling bouncing smiley

You got it! That is obviously Taylor's original track.

Date: September 14, 2013 00:23

DandelionPowderman

You got it! That is obviously Taylor's original track.

Maybe they were too much in the habit after a few years of doing similar things with Brian's contributions. grinning smiley

Date: September 14, 2013 00:31

Maybe grinning smiley

Btw, I'm listening to the first two King Crimson-albums now. Sa you would have put it: Ace! smileys with beer

Date: September 14, 2013 00:34

DandelionPowderman
Maybe grinning smiley

Btw, I'm listening to the first two King Crimson-albums now. Sa you would have put it: Ace! smileys with beer

Ace indeed! thumbs up

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 14, 2013 11:19

There are many traks on LYL without overdubs. Some were shortened. Some overdubbed.
And did Keith ever top this. No he didnt.

No overdub:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-14 11:20 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 14, 2013 11:22

No overdubs:

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: September 14, 2013 18:28

His Majesty
straycatblues73
His Majesty
straycatblues73

as for the rest , no taylor guitar , even on this "acetate". keith left and right .

There's a guitar in middle.

no ,there isnt . turnaround remnent only

What are you listening to?

On Little Queenie from the acetate download from earlier in this thread there is a clear basic rhythm guitar in centre of the mix in addition to the guitars on the left and right.

Not just in turn around, but through the majority of the track. It creeps in circa 0.28 of the track and plays through the rest of the song.

1 Ya-Ya's , 2 the acetate and 3 the GS outtake which is possible a camera audio recording ? no mix , no dubs.

so on YY- keith L and keith R, with taylor lead bleeding through turnaround and faintly the end .
GS outtake all original
acetate - listened again -ah , thats right third guitar is taylor track! i take that back .thumbs up

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 14, 2013 18:43

GasLightStreet
The vocal overdubs on GYYYO and LYL are painfully obvious, especially on LYL. The Mannish Boy overdubs are a travesty.

I agree. Many here feel that "meh, it's just the vocals... who cares?"

I care.

It's a deal-breaker for me, Jagger karaokeing 6/10 tracks on Ya-Ya's, and countless songs on LYL, hearing the original vocals bleed through - sounds like a hack edit job. Live albums my ass.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: September 14, 2013 19:17

straycatblues73

1 Ya-Ya's , 2 the acetate and 3 the GS outtake which is possible a camera audio recording ? no mix , no dubs.

so on YY- keith L and keith R, with taylor lead bleeding through turnaround and faintly the end .
GS outtake all original
acetate - listened again -ah , thats right third guitar is taylor track! i take that back .thumbs up

Hang fire though because at times on the acetate there's a distant guitar behind the clear berry rhythm in the centre of the mix. Not the left or right guitars.

The berry rhythm is on the GS outtake, but I think this other distant guitar might be too.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 14, 2013 21:58

Redhotcarpet
There are many traks on LYL without overdubs. Some were shortened. Some overdubbed.
And did Keith ever top this. No he didnt.

No overdub:

True that!!!

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: September 15, 2013 10:37

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Maybe he thought the overdub was Taylor? More Taylor, please! winking smiley

PS: I know you can take a joke, kleerie smiling smiley

I was just joking myself Dandie. It's obviously not Taylor but Keith who's noodling here. You know I recognize Taylor's and Keith's solo style immediately.

You're a bad loser buddy. No way out of this one...

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home