Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: s083874 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 03:32

When the day The Rolling Stones, as a band, lay down their guitars for good(that will be Charlie's decision and it will be respected) I hope they release a DVD or Blu-Ray of Europe '73. Not that horrible, muffled Brussell's Affair they released through I-tunes. But the real, original Europe '73(and the original Brussel's Affair).
In the meantime I'd like to see a DVD or Blu-Ray of '50 years and Counting..the Mick Taylor Performances' including the the Echoplex performance. With Keith, Ronnie's and Charlie's smiles everytime MT nails it.
And I hope that those of you in Europe get to see them with MT on stage. The band still gets a kick out of it. And you will never forget it. And with any luck you will get to see him play four songs like I did in LA.
Last year I saw the LA Kings win the Stanley Cup at Staples center. And then the Stones performance at Staples Center.
One last thing. I said it before and I'll say it again. I truly believe Keith loves having Mick T on stage, Ronnie is the reason MT is on tour and Charlie just loves it. Cheers mate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-08 04:18 by s083874.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 03:50

Well done, Sonny.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: September 8, 2013 04:50

Not that horrible, muffled Brussell's Affair they released through I-tunes. But the real, original Europe '73(and the original Brussel's Affair).

Muffled? Maybe I am missing something but it is better then the million boots I have of Brussels.

Posted by: s083874 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 05:02

Then you don't have have the early versions. Takes place between Brussels and Wembley. And I have them all!! Then again...too many Who concerts have may have distorted my hearing!

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 06:13

oldschool

Not that horrible, muffled Brussell's Affair they released through I-tunes. But the real, original Europe '73(and the original Brussel's Affair).

Muffled? Maybe I am missing something but it is better then the million boots I have of Brussels.
it's a different show except for three songs

Date: September 8, 2013 09:51

It's not muffled. It's brilliantly mixed.

The boots are great, too.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 8, 2013 11:03

So, So far amazon. de and JPC are the cheapest.

JPC does not charge for sending it to The netherlands.

Hope we will get an even better price...

jeroen

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 12:39

I looked at some concerts from Europe, 2006 and some songs on every concert were played very bad.
When you look at all concerts in 2012/2013, you can they they have a very better quality than the concerts of the Bigger Bang tour. Especially the Hyde Park concert.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 8, 2013 13:06

Thanks to everyone on here that has posted information about the Japanese edition of Sweet Summer Sun. ordered in and am now waiting for its release and delivery.

Party time at my house the day that's delivered!!!

\m/

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 17:08

Was going to order the Japanese edition DVD and 2 CD that comes to about 32 pounds, if I managed to navigate the website. Will that contain Emotional Rescue as part of the bonus material? I really loved their performance of the song in Hyde Park 2. It rocked. As always thank you, you Iorrians really know your staff, still on my way to becoming a Rolling Freak but getting there.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 8, 2013 17:25

Japan Editions

Tracklist DVD/Blu-ray:

1. Start Me Up
2. It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll
3. Street Fighting Man
4. Ruby Tuesday
5. Doom And Gloom
6. Honky Tonk Women
7. You Got The Silver
8. Happy
9. Miss You
10. Midnight Rambler
11. Gimme Shelter
12. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
13. Sympathy For The Devil
14. Brown Sugar
15. You Can’t Always Get What You Want
16. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
17. Tumbling Dice (Bonus Video)
18. Paint It Black (Bonus Video)
19. Before They Make Me Run (Bonus Video)
20. Emotional Rescue (Japan-limited special Bonus Video)

Amazon.jp DVD only / also available at JPC in Germany

Amazon.jp Blu-ray only / also available at JPC in Germany

Amazon.jp DVD+2CD / also available at JPC in Germany

Amazon.jp Blu-ray+2CD / also available at JPC in Germany

Amazon.jp Deluxe Edition Blu-ray+DVD+2CD+3LP / also available at JPC in Germany

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-13 10:00 by Irix.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 8, 2013 18:11

DrPete
Am I the only one who's annoyed that if buying the BLU RAY package, they also include the DVD?? Just a way to call it 4 DISCS I guess and increase the price

I think if you can get it off Amazon.de for 32 Euros including shipping, you're doing ok to get all 4 discs plus the book.

Date: September 8, 2013 18:41

Godxofxrock9
oldschool

it's a different show except for three songs

True enough but I don't agree the official release is muffled. To my ears it sounds much better than the Brussels boots I have and I have a fair number of the different releases

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 8, 2013 18:57

You right ofcourse. The official Archive sounds much more clear than all the boots.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 8, 2013 19:44

Like everything else to do with their 50th... I'll pass.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: September 8, 2013 19:54

jamesfdouglas
Like everything else to do with their 50th... I'll pass.

aw...come on.

you know you really want to.

Date: September 8, 2013 20:32

Just ordered the bluray/cd combo from Amazon Japan. Might be delivered on my birthday and will make a nice present.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 21:44

Just ordered dvd and cd from Japan. Xmas and birthday present to myself. Thank you for your help Irix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-08 21:50 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 8, 2013 23:50

Anybody ordered it from the US? How much was the shipping and other fees? I'm thinking it might be cheaper/easier to just bite the bullet and double-dip over here. confused smiley

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 23:57

I think I can live with the standard release if it has the three extra songs on it. ER was a nice novelty to hear once live, but I don't really think I want to hear it or see it on DVD again and again! Surely it's one of the worst songs they could have chosen to play or to include on the DVD!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 9, 2013 00:26

sjs12
I think I can live with the standard release if it has the three extra songs on it. ER was a nice novelty to hear once live, but I don't really think I want to hear it or see it on DVD again and again! Surely it's one of the worst songs they could have chosen to play or to include on the DVD!

Hell, it's one of the few things that would make the release anything more than a glorified oldies show.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 9, 2013 00:55

I shall recreate "Emotional Rescue" with my Stones cake ornaments:

Date: September 9, 2013 01:32

Aquamarine
Anybody ordered it from the US? How much was the shipping and other fees? I'm thinking it might be cheaper/easier to just bite the bullet and double-dip over here. confused smiley

9 Euros was the shipping for The Deluxe Box and the Vinyl Box from amazon.de

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 9, 2013 03:04

That's not too bad--unfortunately I can't find any details on the German site (as mentioned above) about what's included. By the time I make up my mind about this thing, all the limited edition complete sets will be sold anyway!

Edit: the Japanese version appears to contain this, whatever it means--
The Japanese Edition, 50th Anniversary documentary, which was released last year from the "Cross-Fire Hurricane" and Hyde 50th anniversary live in London · O2 Arena, North American tour from April this year, and Glastonbury Festival, in June • The special additional inclusion of local coverage mentioned by Ariga Mikio, who was taken two days this performance as an official photographer and feature commentary more than tens of thousands of characters by Terada Masanori, who summed up the 50 anniversary of the Stones and the Park performances!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-09 03:08 by Aquamarine.

Date: September 9, 2013 03:22

Aquamarine
That's not too bad--unfortunately I can't find any details on the German site (as mentioned above) about what's included. By the time I make up my mind about this thing, all the limited edition complete sets will be sold anyway!

The Japanese Edition, 50th Anniversary documentary, which was released last year from the "Cross-Fire Hurricane" and Hyde 50th anniversary live in London · O2 Arena, North American tour from April this year, and Glastonbury Festival, in June • The special additional inclusion of local coverage mentioned by Ariga Mikio, who was taken two days this performance as an official photographer and feature commentary more than tens of thousands of characters by Terada Masanori, who summed up the 50 anniversary of the Stones and the Park performances!

Not a vinyl guy anymore so ordered the Blu-ray/CD version from Amazon Japan. If it has some songs from O2 and Glastonbury in HD that would be a nice bonus.

Supposed to be delivered on my birthday which would be a great day to spend the night with a cocktail watching the Blu-ray.

Date: September 9, 2013 07:40

oldschool
Aquamarine

Not a vinyl guy anymore so ordered the Blu-ray/CD version from Amazon Japan.

Wouldn't your 'handle' more appropriately be newschool then?

Just sayin'

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 9, 2013 14:04

bleedingman
I shall recreate "Emotional Rescue" with my Stones cake ornaments:

That is one terrific looking cake, bleedingman. I think I'd even bake a cake just to put the Stones on top! smiling smiley

Date: September 9, 2013 14:08

amazon.de deluxe is with book and dvd, this is stated on the site.

jeroen

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 9, 2013 14:20

Stated on the Amazon.de site? Where?

There is at the moment only a tiny hint on Amazon.de regarding the Deluxe Edition: in the product information they say there are 4 Discs.

So it's only a guess that this is the Deluxe Edition as described in the Stones-News: DVD+Blu-ray+2CD+Book.

No additional LPs or T-Shirts as in the japanese Deluxe Editions.

------------

Edit: the Japan Editions are now available at JPC in Germany too:

japanese DVD only

japanese Blu-ray only

japanese DVD+2CD

japanese Blu-ray+2CD

japanese Deluxe Edition Blu-ray+DVD+2CD+3LP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-13 10:10 by Irix.

Date: September 9, 2013 14:28

they say 4 discs, and the other versions are Vinyl, cd and dvd, and this one, Deluxe.

jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2220
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home