Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Ronnie Wood Band w/ Mick Taylor at BluesFest 2013 in London
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 3, 2013 00:19

Great photos from Brian Rasic.

Re: Ronnie Wood Band w/ Mick Taylor - London, October 30 & November 1
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 3, 2013 10:34

24FPS
I'm still trying to come up with an American equivalent; a group or individual who was big here and was simply a dud trying to break into the UK market.

There's a slew of American artists that are huge in the US and without any decent success in Europe. Dave Matthews is one of the biggest (and most rich) stars in the US, his last show in Amsterdam sold 600 tickets. All the big US country artists are basically unknown in Europe: Garth Brooks, Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Reba McEntire etc.

Mathijs

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 3, 2013 10:41

When I was a teenager and occasionally saw the US Tiger Beat, there were all sorts of apparently huge US bands in it that never made a dent in the UK, and as far as I know didn't even try--Paul Revere and the Raiders, Dino, Desi, and Billy, a bunch of others I don't remember.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 3, 2013 11:23

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: November 3, 2013 14:57

Great show and great 3 days in London with my 5 year old daughter. We were on the right side on the first raw. Although we left before the end of the show as it was too much for her, she really enjoyed it and was a fantastic and safe venue for her first concert.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 3, 2013 15:58

Great show, what an evening!

Taylor + Wood = Winning combo.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 3, 2013 16:25

Some photos ...........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 3, 2013 16:38

Some great photos there paulywaul

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 3, 2013 17:03

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, great pix, thanks

jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 3, 2013 17:54

Great pictures. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 3, 2013 18:29

Nice work, paulywaul!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 3, 2013 18:46

Great pics paulywaul. smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 3, 2013 19:04

Beast
WowowowWOW. What a gig. Ronnie was Suuuuuperb & the two of them together OUTstanding. You Cutting Room people - that is one HOT ticket.

True, Beast! I managed to procure an SRO ticket for each night. You know the tix went on sale at
the strange and unexpected time of 1 am eastern US time, hmmm.

Thanks, paulywaul for your pics and review!

I wonder how many of their back-ups will make it to NYC.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-03 19:05 by angee.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 3, 2013 19:28

angee
Beast
WowowowWOW. What a gig. Ronnie was Suuuuuperb & the two of them together OUTstanding. You Cutting Room people - that is one HOT ticket.

True, Beast! I managed to procure an SRO ticket for each night. You know the tix went on sale at
the strange and unexpected time of 1 am eastern US time, hmmm.

Thanks, paulywaul for your pics and review!

I wonder how many of their back-ups will make it to NYC.

1 am? So, even if I had stayed up later than usual, I probably woulnd't have gotten one. It was a week night too, as I recall.

Have a wonderful time Angee, good for you that you got tickets to both nights. I'll experience it all vicariously here. smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 3, 2013 22:12

LOVE to hear about great gigs...glad you those of you who were there had a fab time!

Terrific that Ronnie got this all together.

Mick T always reminds me of what Hendrix told me: "All I play is truth and emotion."

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 3, 2013 23:01

Hello,

Right then, as threatened here are a few from Friday...

Just a real treat to have been there: all the artists involved did themselves, Bobby Bland and Jimmy Reed proud. Terrific venue too!

Van really lit-up The Hall and it was a magical opening 20 minutes from him.

As much as Simply Reds' output leaves me cold, Mick Hucknall put everything he had into honouring Bobby Bland. Good work, Sir.

Kudos to all involved, but especially Ronnie for showing some balls in attempting this.

Sorry I missed meeting-up with you IORRians...I really hope there is a next time!

Cheers,

Simon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-04 20:15 by SimonN.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 3, 2013 23:13

Great pics Simon.
I wasn't there for the gigs ,but got so much enjoyment over here in Spain , just seeing the pics,videos and reviews of fans who were there.
Looking forward to the lads on the road in 2014. smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 4, 2013 05:31

Sorry to go on about the NYC...I'll continue over there! :-)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 4, 2013 06:37

Nice pics Paul and Simon. Good on Ronnie and Mick for getting out there and playing.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 4, 2013 07:10

Mathijs
24FPS
I'm still trying to come up with an American equivalent; a group or individual who was big here and was simply a dud trying to break into the UK market.

There's a slew of American artists that are huge in the US and without any decent success in Europe. Dave Matthews is one of the biggest (and most rich) stars in the US, his last show in Amsterdam sold 600 tickets. All the big US country artists are basically unknown in Europe: Garth Brooks, Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Reba McEntire etc.

Mathijs

Makes sense. Thanks. I think the original country artists had impact there. I guess the new phony ones don't make it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 4, 2013 07:20

Aquamarine
When I was a teenager and occasionally saw the US Tiger Beat, there were all sorts of apparently huge US bands in it that never made a dent in the UK, and as far as I know didn't even try--Paul Revere and the Raiders, Dino, Desi, and Billy, a bunch of others I don't remember.

Huh. How about the Kingsmen, and their hit record, Louie Louie. Any effect? To be honest I don't think Dino, Desi and Billy were popular here. They kept being pushed on us because of their famous fathers. I don't even remember a record by them.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 4, 2013 08:13

I don't remember the Kingsmen's version being on the charts, but all the bands used to play the song, so my memory may be hazy here.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 4, 2013 11:14

A few words about the show... Great show obviously, had a wonderful time with friends, and the venue was so beautiful...

But what really impressed me is how Ronnie prepared for this gig. I'm pretty sure he listened a lot to Jimmy Reed over the last few weeks, really worked on his signature licks, and even his guitar sound for this gig matched the original recordings. And of course his harp playing was sweet.

Mick Taylor was in fine form but did not seem so immersed into Jimmy Reed's universe.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 4, 2013 11:27

Mathijs
24FPS

Mathijs

Keith Urban is Australian.

Someone like Garth Brooks was described in the British media as a top-selling, rooting tooting, cotton picking, Country and Western star, yeeha!
But he persevered and became quite successful in the UK/Ireland.
Someone like Alan Jackson couldn't take it and stopped trying.

There are quite a few country stars that made it in the UK but never on the continent.

I am the only country fan that I know. I'm a massive George Strait, Dwight Yoakam, Randy Travis, Miranda Lambert (Pistol Annies), Alan Jackson, Clint Black, etc etc -fan. But I guess I'm the only one in Belgium.
Over here they only know the politically correct country, and only 2 of them: Cash, Nelson.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 4, 2013 11:38

Great photos of a great gig, paulywaul and SimonN - thanks for sharing!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 4, 2013 11:39

gwen

But what really impressed me is how Ronnie prepared for this gig. I'm pretty sure he listened a lot to Jimmy Reed over the last few weeks, really worked on his signature licks, and even his guitar sound for this gig matched the original recordings. And of course his harp playing was sweet.

Mick Taylor was in fine form but did not seem so immersed into Jimmy Reed's universe.

thumbs up

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 4, 2013 12:05

Interesting to see that there were two bass players playing. Anyone got an idea why that was?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: November 4, 2013 13:38

Ronnie and Bobby Womack having fun backstage at the Royal Albert Hall.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 4, 2013 16:50

Who plays guitar and knows music knows how stupid it is to compare Ronnie Taylor, is not only stupid but it is also useless, they are two completely different guitarists, Ronnie is more similar to the style of Brian.
Surely there are those who prefer the Stones with Brian, who with Taylor, and others with Wood, I love them all as they belong to different periods.
I hope my English is understandable Hello

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 4, 2013 17:27

Testify
Who plays guitar and knows music knows how stupid it is to compare Ronnie Taylor, is not only stupid but it is also useless, they are two completely different guitarists, Ronnie is more similar to the style of Brian.
Surely there are those who prefer the Stones with Brian, who with Taylor, and others with Wood, I love them all as they belong to different periods.
I hope my English is understandable Hello

Hello.
Wrong thread, my friend.

Go here: [www.iorr.org]

Or if it's about the great Ronnie Taylor: start a new one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-04 17:28 by BowieStone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home