Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: Ronnie Wood Band w/ Mick Taylor - London, October 30 & November 1
Date: November 2, 2013 12:20

What a concert and what a week it has been experiencing some extraordinary Blues guitar playing from Messrs Wood and Taylor!
After a few drinks in the bar tucked away in the bowels of the Albert Hall, we took our seats in row 10 and soaked up the expectant atmosphere. A couple of minutes before show time Paul Weller and his wife came and sat directly in front of us. Cool. Stephen Dale Petit, complete with trademark black hat, had already taken his place a little further along the row.
Anyway, time for some music and as has already been said we were treated to a magnificent display of guitar playing. I lost count how many times Ronnie switched guitar, he certainly kept Anna (?) his guitar tech, busy. Wonderful to see and hear Mick playing guitar without the restriction or distraction of being part of the Stones......makes you realize how come he joined the band in the first place. About half way through the set, Paul Weller and his wife got up and left, how rude I thought, it seemed like they were enjoying the show. Little did I know that a couple of numbers later he would appear on stage!
Scattered throughout the evening were some amusing comments and stories from Ronnie especially when the band appeared to forget the intro to one track. Mick T said "we really have forgotten how this one starts" but then it all fell into place and off they went!
I was not familiar with Jimmy Reed prior to these shows, so cool that Ronnie is highlighting the contribution he made to the Blues. Good to be educated and entertained at the same time, looking forward to next year's BluesFest already.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 2, 2013 12:42

Amazing gig and amazing guitar playing. The concert was one long blues, with lots of interweaving, solos and fun. I have not hoped anymore to hear Mick Taylor at his best, but this time we did. Far far better than anytime I heard him in the last 20 years - relaxed, happy and fluent. No need to speak about Ronnie, he has had a great spell for some time now. As others have commented, it was a joy to be there.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: November 2, 2013 12:58

Setlist?

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 2, 2013 13:11

Hello,

What a brilliant evening!
Er, anyone fancy a lunchtime sesh?

Cheers,

Simon.

Ps many ropey photos to follow in due course, haha!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 2, 2013 13:14

Here's the setlist:

Natural Born Lover
Let's Get Together
Baby What You Want
Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
Big Boss Man (with Bobby Womack)
Bright Lights (With Bobby Womack)
High and Lonesome
Mr. Luck
Blue Carnegie
I'm That Man Down
Nowhere To Go (with Mick Hucknall)
I Ain't Got You
Shame Shame (with Paul Weller)
You Don't Have To Go
Honest I Do
Roll and Rumba
Upside Your Head
Going to New York

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2013 14:10

sounds like a great show!

Who'da thunk Ronnie'd be on stage with two Micks again, one for only one song, and neither of them was Mick Jagger?!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 2, 2013 14:21

treaclefingers

Who'da thunk Ronnie'd be on stage with two Micks again, one for only one song, and neither of them was Mick Jagger?!

The irony of it wasn't lost on me either, treacle...how's your coffee this morning?

Thanks all for the great photos and videos, keep them coming, please.

It does appear to have been a very special evening...I'll be feeling a little more sorry for myself now that I'm not at the NYC gig next weekend.

Here's hoping for lots more goodies from them Stones boys in the coming year!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 2, 2013 14:39

Cristiano Radtke
Here's Ronnie with Paul Weller and Mick Hucknall:

Wtf, is that Ronnie with a Gretsch?

Never seen him with one of those befoer, might be a white falcon???

Date: November 2, 2013 14:52

latebloomer
treaclefingers

The irony of it wasn't lost on me either, treacle...how's your coffee this morning?

Thanks all for the great photos and videos, keep them coming, please.

It does appear to have been a very special evening...I'll be feeling a little more sorry for myself now that I'm not at the NYC gig next weekend.

Here's hoping for lots more goodies from them Stones boys in the coming year!

I'm on my second cup latebloomer...it's WAY too early, but the house is mercifully quiet right now. Too bad about the show...give Sweet Summer Sun an extra spin wien it arrives from Italy, 4 weeks after everyone else already has it (Italian postal system is notorious)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 2, 2013 15:39

Ronnie and Mick T should get together, record some songs and release a cd together. and.....release this show on cd and dvd.

Jeroen

Date: November 2, 2013 15:57

Just watched all the videos. My God, what a shame i did not go. What a Gig!!!
Great.
Jeroen

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: November 2, 2013 16:42

MartinB
Amazing gig and amazing guitar playing. The concert was one long blues, with lots of interweaving, solos and fun. I have not hoped anymore to hear Mick Taylor at his best, but this time we did. Far far better than anytime I heard him in the last 20 years - relaxed, happy and fluent. No need to speak about Ronnie, he has had a great spell for some time now. As others have commented, it was a joy to be there.

Couldn't agree more. Were were up in the Gods, but still enjoyed a really great concert. Brilliant when Ronnie forgot how one of the songs started - and Mick T said "no- really - none of us can remember!" Of course, they soon got it, and it was yet another great song. I'm sure Jimmy Reed will think that Ronnie, Mick and the Band did him proud smileys with beer

All in all a great Blues night. Only hope that if and when the Stones get back on the road next year, Mick T is still part of the equation.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 2, 2013 17:11

corriecas
Ronnie and Mick T should get together, record some songs and release a cd together. and.....release this show on cd and dvd.

Jeroen

I WAS filmed, I can tell you that much .......... and judging by a very large truck parked outside the RAH, it looks like it might have been recorded too

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 2, 2013 17:12

stoneman333
MartinB

Couldn't agree more. Were were up in the Gods, but still enjoyed a really great concert. Brilliant when Ronnie forgot how one of the songs started - and Mick T said "no- really - none of us can remember!" Of course, they soon got it, and it was yet another great song. I'm sure Jimmy Reed will think that Ronnie, Mick and the Band did him proud smileys with beer

All in all a great Blues night. Only hope that if and when the Stones get back on the road next year, Mick T is still part of the equation.

thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 2, 2013 17:23

Many thanks for the clips, reviews and setlist. 'Going To New York' indeed. :-)

Date: November 2, 2013 17:27

paulywaul
corriecas

Jeroen

I WAS filmed, I can tell you that much .......... and judging by a very large truck parked outside the RAH, it looks like it might have been recorded too

Thanks for this info, glad you had a great time.
Jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 2, 2013 17:59

This is so good to read all the comments, see the pictures and videos from those who were there. It makes me feel good to see that you all had such a great time. Wish I could have been there.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 2, 2013 18:17

I had no idea who Paul Weller is. Still don't, really. He really is more of a European known star than an international one. At first I was hoping for more star power and then I heard Mick Taylor play and I thought, oh, that's quite enough.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 2, 2013 18:26

24FPS
I had no idea who Paul Weller is. Still don't, really. He really is more of a European known star than an international one. At first I was hoping for more star power and then I heard Mick Taylor play and I thought, oh, that's quite enough.

Style Council - remember him from Live Aid (good old days)

Date: November 2, 2013 18:30

mtaylor
24FPS

Style Council - remember him from Live Aid (good old days)

AND The Jam!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 2, 2013 18:31

Paul Weller has been a big name in music at least here in U.K. since his days in The Jam back in the '70's'.
Loved his music in Style Council in particular as well as The Jam. winking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 2, 2013 18:58

It really was a lesson in guitar weaving. The playing, especially by Taylor eclipsed last years Bluesfest. A great show.

RAH is a classy venue .Would love to see the Stones return there !

sc uk

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: November 2, 2013 19:09

Any clue who this tall guitarist is, who guested on Baby What You Want Me To Do?

In the setlist he was abbreviated as TH.

N

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 2, 2013 19:13

Fantastic evening Ronnie has proven to be a great leader, plays guitar and sings plays the harp with its classic style. Thanks Ronnie!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 2, 2013 19:17

NeddieFlanders
Any clue who this tall guitarist is, who guested on Baby What You Want Me To Do?

In the setlist he was abbreviated as TH.

N

Tom or Tommy Hare - singer. He sometimes sings with the Ben Waters Band, speaking of which it was great to see Ben join in keyboards on a few songs as well.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: November 2, 2013 19:33

Thanks a lot. Do you also know the name of the second bass player (besides Dave Green)?

>Tom or Tommy Hare - singer. He sometimes sings with the Ben Waters Band, speaking >of which it was great to see Ben join in keyboards on a few songs as well.

N

Date: November 2, 2013 19:39

crawdaddy
Paul Weller has been a big name in music at least here in U.K. since his days in The Jam back in the '70's'.
Loved his music in Style Council in particular as well as The Jam. winking smiley

He was, and still IS big in Holland. because of the Jam, Style Council And Solo Music. he is a great, lovely guy. Similar as to Ronnie. Modest but with a great passion for music. used to love his brew also, not anymore i heard.

got a lot of his cds, and seen him may times live. Great guy. Nothing compared to our Ronnie though !!!

Jeroen

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 2, 2013 19:57

Set List?

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: November 2, 2013 20:06

chrism13
Set List?

Here's the setlist:

Natural Born Lover
Let's Get Together
Baby What You Want
Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
Big Boss Man (with Bobby Womack)
Bright Lights (With Bobby Womack)
High and Lonesome
Mr. Luck
Blue Carnegie
I'm That Man Down
Nowhere To Go (with Mick Hucknall)
I Ain't Got You
Shame Shame (with Paul Weller)
You Don't Have To Go
Honest I Do
Roll and Rumba
Upside Your Head
Going to New York

LAZY GUY I GUESS

Posted by: beggarsbanquet ()
Date: November 2, 2013 20:13

Thank you very much for posting this. I totally agree. Unfortunately I wasn't there,
but by watching this I know, what you mean.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home