Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869Next
Current Page: 68 of 69
Re: OT: Paul McCartney stuff
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 27, 2024 01:38

jahisnotdead
RollingFreak
Junior's Farm has always been one of Macca's best solo songs to me. Big fan of his rocking ones like that, Smile Away, The Mess, Hi Hi Hi, Soily=. He could write something I couldn't hate more like Silly Love Songs but knock off a great rocker just as easily.

Agreed. Helen Wheels is another fantastic song that is virtually forgotten today.
So true! I had to see Denny Laine to catch it!

OT: Paul Mccartney 2024 Live dates for URUGUAY, ARGENTINA, CHILE & PERU!!
Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: June 10, 2024 19:08

Wow !

OCTOBER 2024 TOUR

TUESDAY 1 OCTOBER - MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY - ESTADIO CENTENARIO

SATURDAY 5 OCTOBER - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA - RIVER PLATE STADIUM

FRIDAY 11 OCTOBER - SANTIAGO, CHILE - ESTADIO MONUMENTAL

WEDNESDAY 23 OCTOBER - CÓRDOBA, ARGENTINA - ESTADIO MARIO KEMPES

SUNDAY 27 OCTOBER - LIMA, PERU - ESTADIO NACIONAL

Re: OT: Paul Mccartney 2024 Live dates for URUGUAY, ARGENTINA, CHILE & PERU!!
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 10, 2024 20:10

The man just doesn't stop

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: June 10, 2024 20:38

I know all touring this year - Clapton,Dylan,NY,Ringo,Fogerty, Bruce, Tom Jones, AC/DC and also the Who are talking up a 2025 tour. And our boys of course!

All either in their 80's or approaching 80

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 10, 2024 20:49

Hopefully some UK dates in 2025. Apart from Glastonbury (and the warm up show at Cheese and Grain)I don't believe he has touched UK soil since 2018!

OT: Paul McCartney stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 14, 2024 16:46

Paul McCartney & Wings - "One Hand Clapping"

[www.youtube.com]

[open.spotify.com]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 17, 2024 14:12

McCartney to play first UK tour dates since 2018

Sir Paul McCartney has announced his first UK tour dates since 2018, with shows in Manchester and London this December.
They will be the first British shows of his long-running Got Back Tour, which sees the star playing hits from across his career - from the Beatles' debut single Love Me Do, to Wings' Band On The Run, and solo hits like Coming Up and Dance Tonight.
The tour kicked off in April 2022 and has so far made more than $200m (£158m) at the box office.
Sir Paul said he was "excited to be ending my year" back at home.
"It's always such a special feeling to play shows on our home soil," he said in a statement. "Let's get set to party. I can't wait to see you."
The 81-year-old will play at Manchester's Co-op Live Arena on 14 and 15 December, and at London's O2 Arena on 18 and 19 December.
Sir Paul simultaneously announced dates in Paris and Madrid.

[www.bbc.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 17, 2024 14:25

NilsHolgersson

Sir Paul simultaneously announced dates in Paris and Madrid.

2024 European tour dates:

4-Dec-2024 - La Défense Arena, Paris

5-Dec-2024 - La Défense Arena, Paris

9-Dec-2024 - WiZink Center, Madrid

10-Dec-2024 - WiZink Center, Madrid

14-Dec-2024 - Co-op Live, Manchester

15-Dec-2024 - Co-op Live, Manchester

18-Dec-2024 - O2 Arena, London

19-Dec-2024 - O2 Arena, London

[PaulMcCartney.com] - Pre-sale: 18 June, 10am (CET) & 19 June, 10am (BST) - General sale: 21 June, 10am (CET/BST) - pre-sale code via PaulMcCartney.com mailing list - [Facebook.com] , [Instagram.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-17 15:45 by Irix.

Date: June 17, 2024 15:00

Got Back Tour - 2024:

[Facebook.com]

Second show in Buenos Aires - [Facebook.com]

[Facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-17 15:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 17, 2024 16:23

A very British way of misspelling La Défense.

Date: June 17, 2024 18:10

Madrid WiZink Center is also misspelled in Paul McCartney's Facebook/Instagram video.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 18, 2024 20:18

Here we go again, I did second guess myself but in the end...I couldn't help myself and that's just to make up for the cancelled 2020 show ;-) See you there !

Oh and happy Bday Paul !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-18 20:19 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 20, 2024 12:04

As usual, presale tickets for the 4 UK shows have been gobbled up by touts before anyone could get a sniff of them and are back on sale immediately at outrageous markups. General Sale is tomorrow so we'll see what happens then. Likely to be more of the same. No doubt similar happened in Paris & Madrid though perhaps not to quite the same degree.

I will probably end up waiting to the last gasp and pick up late drops/production seats.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 20, 2024 12:59

grzegorz67
As usual, presale tickets for the 4 UK shows have been gobbled up by touts before anyone could get a sniff of them and are back on sale immediately at outrageous markups. General Sale is tomorrow so we'll see what happens then. Likely to be more of the same. No doubt similar happened in Paris & Madrid though perhaps not to quite the same degree.

I will probably end up waiting to the last gasp and pick up late drops/production seats.

how much are/were the tickets?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 20, 2024 14:56

By some miracle, I did manage to get block A2 in the presale for the first night at O2 London. Tickets for that were £160 but totalled £184.60 with fees.

When it came to trying for the second night, ticketbastard decided to identify me as a bot and blocked my access, so will see what happens in the public sale tomorrow.

But I agree with grzegorz67 that seats will emerge one way or another nearer the time. Most recently, for example, I got good face value seats for Elton John and Bob Dylan at the last minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-20 14:57 by Beast.

Date: June 20, 2024 16:24

Well done, Beast - I was in the queue yesterday but sold out by the time I reached the front. Tried a few times throughout the day but no joy. Will try again tomorrow.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 20, 2024 16:53

Presale tickets for Madrid are outrageous. Of course we know the game but the platinum tickets costs more than the actual ticket plus service charges makes the seat around 4-500 euros. I’m guessing Platinum means presale charge? Anyway all this makes me wish for the day when I stop going to concerts. Too greedy for my taste.

Date: June 20, 2024 18:54

Beast
By some miracle, I did manage to get block A2 in the presale for the first night at O2 London. Tickets for that were £160 but totalled £184.60 with fees.

When it came to trying for the second night, ticketbastard decided to identify me as a bot and blocked my access, so will see what happens in the public sale tomorrow.

But I agree with grzegorz67 that seats will emerge one way or another nearer the time. Most recently, for example, I got good face value seats for Elton John and Bob Dylan at the last minute.

That's a fantastic effort Beast, well done you! I actually got to the front of the queue a couple of times for Manchester but was then given no buying options. Next time after that Ticket Bar Steward accused me of being a Bot and I gave up at that point. I will no doubt take leave of my senses tomorrow morning and have another try. Failing that, I'll do the last minute thing.

Face value ticket prices seem to be relatively reasonable. But it's far from too fanciful to suggest that Ticket Bar Steward are ringfencing and diverting most of them straight to Platinum (their own touting site, how's that for a monopoly/racket?) and selling on at looney prices without the general public getting a sniff. Right, I'd better stop now. If your long time partner in crime, Mr PW reads this, he'll go up in a blue light angry smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-20 19:04 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 21, 2024 00:22

grzegorz67
Beast

That's a fantastic effort Beast, well done you! I actually got to the front of the queue a couple of times for Manchester but was then given no buying options. Next time after that Ticket Bar Steward accused me of being a Bot and I gave up at that point. I will no doubt take leave of my senses tomorrow morning and have another try. Failing that, I'll do the last minute thing.

Face value ticket prices seem to be relatively reasonable. But it's far from too fanciful to suggest that Ticket Bar Steward are ringfencing and diverting most of them straight to Platinum (their own touting site, how's that for a monopoly/racket?) and selling on at looney prices without the general public getting a sniff. Right, I'd better stop now. If your long time partner in crime, Mr PW reads this, he'll go up in a blue light angry smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Ya got that right !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: June 21, 2024 12:55

Any luck in the general sale this morning grzegorz67? Sold out by the time I got to the front of the queue....

Date: June 21, 2024 13:12

Manofwealthandtaste
Any luck in the general sale this morning grzegorz67? Sold out by the time I got to the front of the queue....

Nada eye rolling smiley I tried for Manchester 2 as I expected it to be the slowest seller of the 4 in the UK. A handful of blue dots left by the time I got to the front of the queue at c 10.50am but any time I tried to grab any, it wouldn't let me. It's now not even letting me refresh the seat map.

So that's an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back. It's going to be late drops/production seats for me, if at all. Plenty of availability on PaulyWaul's favourite places of course! angry smiley

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 21, 2024 13:13

I'm holding out for Summer 2025 outdoor UK/Europe shows. Midweek at the 02 arena in London (in December) is a big no no for me unfortunately.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-21 13:14 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 21, 2024 13:17

grzegorz67
Manofwealthandtaste

Nada eye rolling smiley I tried for Manchester 2 as I expected it to be the slowest seller of the 4 in the UK. A handful of blue dots left by the time I got to the front of the queue at c 10.50am but any time I tried to grab any, it wouldn't let me. It's now not even letting me refresh the seat map.

So that's an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back. It's going to be late drops/production seats for me, if at all. Plenty of availability on PaulyWaul's favourite places of course! angry smiley

Same here. Was in the waiting room from around 9.30 and got into the site around 10.35, by which time there was zilch available.

Date: June 21, 2024 13:29

forget London – tickets for the shows in Paris are still available and they are rather cheap, too. I just bought GA standing tickets for both shows

Date: June 21, 2024 13:36

slewan
forget London – tickets for the shows in Paris are still available and they are rather cheap, too. I just bought GA standing tickets for both shows

Is GA standing notbehind about 25 rows of seats though? That's what they did there in 2018.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 21, 2024 13:47

Well, several hours of waiting, queuing, clicking, shouting, screaming... and I still don't have a ticket.

I have to say that of all the artists that I have bought tickets for over the last few years or so, or at least tried to buy tickets for, McCartney in the U.K has been by far the most difficult. I remember the same issues last time he was here in 2018. I've had a lot more luck overseas, but that may be because he tends to play bigger venues in territories such as North and South America.

It's genuinely gutting. From a musical point of view, Paul is my first love. I discovered his music as a child through my Dad - I didn't get into the Stones until I was 17. So, to not be able to get a ticket for just one of these shows, knowing that literally hundreds if not thousands of them have gone straight on to the secondary market, is just really sad...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: June 21, 2024 14:14

grzegorz67
slewan

Is GA standing notbehind about 25 rows of seats though? That's what they did there in 2018.

right (at least that's what it looks like on the map) but that's fine with me. Tickets are just 80 Euros (incl. fees) and it took me less than 5 minutes to buy them

Paul Mc Cartney's party in L.A.
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 28, 2024 03:07

Jimmy Kimmel was on the Howard Stern Show yesterday and while on the air he did not visit his best friend empty-handed; Jimmy had a story for Howard. Kimmel was invited by a friend to go a party at Mc Cartney's home in L.A. At the party was Paul, Ringo, Mick Jagger, Keith, Bruce Sprinsteen, Taylor Swift, Spielberg etc....That party was kept secret it seems because the media learned it from Jimmy.
It is amazing that even in L.A. such an event can go unoticed.
When was the last time that the last 2 Beatles were in a same room/house with the last 2 original members of the Rolling Stones? Rockandroll,Mops!!

In that clip it seems that only Mick was there but Jimmy said during the interview that Keith was also present.

[youtu.be]

Re: Paul Mc Cartney's party in L.A.
Posted by: MDMan72 ()
Date: June 28, 2024 03:32

What date was the Big Party? Interesting as Bruce Springsteen is on Tour in Europe right now. He just finished up a Concert in the Netherlands a few hours ago. I doubt he would fly back between Concerts to attend a one night Party.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-28 03:33 by MDMan72.

Re: Paul Mc Cartney's party in L.A.
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 28, 2024 03:49

"It is amazing that even in L.A. such an event can go unoticed."

Actually stuff like this is really only of interest to tourists. Natives and long time residents don't care.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869Next
Current Page: 68 of 69

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home