Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 67
Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: February 23, 2022 02:41

mosthigh
Non-VIP and non-Platinum presale tickets for Seattle were $185 - $540 usd with fees.

That's $235 - $690 Canadian. Ouch. Enjoy your disposable income, boomers.

'Paul Got Bank'

I grabbed some mid arena upper bowl tickets for 49.99 USD each. So about 77 CAD after conversion. Took me about 30 min of refreshing. Might be worth trying again when the general on-sale happens.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 02:51

BeastyBurdeny
mosthigh
Non-VIP and non-Platinum presale tickets for Seattle were $185 - $540 usd with fees.

That's $235 - $690 Canadian. Ouch. Enjoy your disposable income, boomers.

'Paul Got Bank'

I grabbed some mid arena upper bowl tickets for 49.99 USD each. So about 77 CAD after conversion. Took me about 30 min of refreshing. Might be worth trying again when the general on-sale happens.

I'm doing this more often now, not spending a few hundred dollars for great seats. I'd rather pay less than $100 and sit in the upper bowl with still a decent view. Most of the concerts I'm watching the jumbo screens anyways.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 23, 2022 13:40

mosthigh

'Paul Got Bank'

Was the same in Europe for 2020 'Freshen Up' due to dynamic pricing - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 23, 2022 16:42

NashvilleBlues
Mr Jimmy
NashvilleBlues
Anyone get in on the presale today?

Yep, scored a pit ticket for the Hard Rock Hollywood show, at face value. Very pleased!

How much?

$700 plus fees etc.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 25, 2022 18:19

Dynamic pricing was in full-effect for this one! Yikes!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 25, 2022 19:54

MetLife Stadium in NJ

[twitter.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2022 20:27

Second date added in Boston the night after the first one, shudder to think how he'll sound like with zero time to rest his voice :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: OT: Paul McCartney GOT BACK Tour 2022
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: February 25, 2022 22:25

Rockman
...sad ...

Yes. It’s very sad that a well-respected Stones community forum member, now has turned into a troll…

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2022 22:45

Hey for starters I'm 5'11" ...
And have never wanted ta be respectable

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 25, 2022 23:04

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2022 23:07

Fanks Nashville .... dats my band ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 26, 2022 21:24

Paul is such a sweetheart
—-Mick Jagger

and a troll.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 1, 2022 21:36

From Paul's official website:

Paul’s 'Women And Wives' Named Record Store Day’s Song Of The Year!

Macca

McCartney’s original version of 'Women And Wives' was recorded in ‘Rockdown’, for his chart topping McCartney III album.
Written by McCartney after reading the biography of legendary blues singer Huddie “Leadbelly” Ledbetter and recorded with
Elvis Presley’s bassist Bill Black’s very own upright bass, it is an easy pick as Record Store Day’s inaugural Song of the Year.

Says Michael Kurtz, Record Store Day co-founder, “I was driving down a Montana highway one sunny, snowy morning when
St. Vincent’s imagined version of 'Women And Wives' came on Sirius Radio. I was stunned by the song’s message of chasing the future.
When St. Vincent’s Jeff Beck-like guitar solo arrived at the end, I got goosebumps. This is a classic McCartney song, up there with some of his best.
Record Store Day is thrilled that we can celebrate 'Women And Wives'as our Song of the Year with a side-by-side 12” record, old school style.”

Record Store Day’s 'Women And Wives' Song of The Year release will feature Paul McCartney’s original version on Side One and St. Vincent’s imagined/remix
of the song, from the McCartney III Imagined album on Side Two. Limited to a total quantity of 3000 worldwide, coming for the June 18th RSD Drop.

Records Store Day

OT: Paul McCartney stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 4, 2022 14:15

Here is the first Glastonbury Festival 2022 line-up poster, which includes our final two Pyramid Stage headliners: @PaulMcCartney (Saturday) and @kendricklamar (Sunday). Many more acts and attractions still to be announced.

[twitter.com]

Date: March 5, 2022 02:16

For those interested in Paul's post-Beatles career, something to look forward to:

‘McCartney Legacy Vol. 1’ Book Coming From Noted Beatles Historian

Macca

When Paul McCartney announced his 2021 book,The Lyrics: 1956 to the Present, he noted that the time had never been right to write an autobiography. In 2022, with the music legend seemingly as busy as he’s ever been, the first part of an exhaustive portrait of his post-Beatles career is coming. McCartney Legacy Vol. 1, from noted Beatles historian Allan Kozinn and researcher Adrian Sinclair, is scheduled for Nov. 8, 2022, from Dey Street Books. (It’s listed as 592 pages.) From the publisher’s announcement: Set against the backdrop of the Beatles splintering over both business and creative issues, McCartney Legacy Vol. 1 covers a period in which McCartney recreated himself, both as a man and as a musician. This is an in-depth and revealing exploration of his creative life beyond the Beatles—featuring hundreds of interviews with fellow musicians, tour managers, recording engineers, producers, filmmakers, and more.

The story of the Beatles has been told many times, covering all periods and perspectives. McCartney’s work in the 50 years since the Fab Four’s breakup has been extraordinarily successful and enduringly popular—his 26 post-Beatles albums have sold upwards of 86.5 million copies; and McCartney’s 2019 Freshen Up tour was the highest grossing tour ever, in the entire world. Beside his extraordinary, creative solo output, he has collaborated with the most influential artists of his generation and the next: from Elvis Costello to Stevie Wonder, from Michael Jackson to Dave Grohl, even with Johnny Cash and Kanye West. McCartney, too, has explored new poetry styles with Allen Ginsburg and teamed up with Peter Martins and the NYC Ballet to create Ocean’s Kingdom. The list goes on from there. And he has done all this while maintaining a mostly normal family life. His creative output since the Beatles has never had the full exploration such a life and body of work demands. McCartney Legacy gives McCartney’s post-Beatles life and work the kind of in-depth treatment that Mark Lewisohn has given the Beatles, and Philip Norman has given John Lennon. It is the first truly comprehensive biography, and the most finely detailed exploration of McCartney’s creative life beyond the Beatles, ever undertaken. McCartney will turn 80 on June 18 and is returning to the stage in 2022 with his “Got Back” tour. Tickets are available here and here.

Author Allan Kozinn was a music critic and culture reporter for The New York Times from 1977 to 2014, where he was, in effect, the Times’ Beatles desk. In that capacity, he interviewed McCartney several times, and saw him perform in a great variety of configurations and venues – from singing with a hand mic at the Lonestar Roadhouse, playing rock oldies at the Cavern, in Liverpool, and performing in small halls like the Ed Sullivan Theater and the Highline Ballroom, to full-scale concerts at Madison Square Garden and Yankee Stadium. He currently contributes regularly to the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and other publications. He has taught courses at the Juilliard School and New York University (including a course on the Beatles at the latter), and has written seven books, among them The Beatles – From The Cavern to the Rooftop (1995) and Got That Something! How The Beatles’ ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’ Changed Everything (2013). The principal researcher for the series, Adrian Sinclair studied film at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, and served a traineeship with ITV in Yorkshire, England, where he learned his craft as a documentary film editor. Since going freelance 15 years ago, he’s worked for such major broadcasters as the BBC, ITV, Sky, Channel 4, National Geographic, Discovery and MTV. His 2010 documentary Stealing Shakespeare (BBC/Smithsonian) was Emmy nominated for Best Documentary.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 5, 2022 03:51

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 5, 2022 04:10

SomeTorontoGirl

Love it!!!!

Date: March 5, 2022 11:43

I remember that pic, was it around 87 or 88 ?

Not sure about the book mentioned above, for a start that can't be right "McCartney’s 2019 Freshen Up tour was the highest grossing tour ever, in the entire world" compared to the multi-year mega treks of the Stones or US in the 90s/00s. Also while I'm the biggest Macca fan is there really some stuff that hasn't been already written about him ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 19:37

Do you think will be european tour after glastonbury gig?

Date: March 16, 2022 06:16

Sir Paul McCartney considered for ‘fitting tribute’ to celebrate 80th birthday

Macca

SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY is being considered for a peerage to mark the moment the former Beatles singer celebrates his 80th birthday, reports suggest.

The 'Let it Be' composer had already received an MBE back in 1965 and was then given a knighthood from the Queen in 1997 for his services to music. Sir Paul's knighthood was subsequently upgraded in 2018 to the Order of the Companions of Honour, which is an exclusive group comprising of a maximum of 65 members and the Queen. According to the Royal Family website, the Order was founded in 1917 and the monarch only awards it to people “who have made a major contribution in their field" However, sources now suggest the 18-time Grammy Award winner could receive a peerage for his service to British culture and his musical achievements in the year he celebrates his 80th birthday. Speaking to The Sun a source disclosed: “Paul is already in an extraordinarily exclusive set of people at the very top of the honours system. “There is now quiet talk among officials about how to mark his 80th with something truly special. “The idea of offering him the chance to sit as a cross-bencher in the Lords has been mooted.” They added: “He has given incredible service to British culture, so it could be a very fitting tribute and mark of all that he has one for his country.”

The rumours come as Sir Paul prepares to headline Glastonbury Festival in the summer, just one week after his milestone birthday. His performance at the festival had been postponed for two years due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, Glastonbury organisers are beyond excited by his inclusion in the line-up. Co-organiser Emily Eavis said: "When he finally confirmed, we were beyond [excited]. “For us, having Paul McCartney is obviously a dream, a huge moment in our history. "It means the world getting Paul McCartney to Glastonbury." A historic 60-year rivalry has also been reignited in relation to the Glastonbury performance as The Rolling Stones announce they will be playing Hyde Park on the same evening. Paul McCartney previously addressed the rivalry between the two bands as “very friendly” even though they each continue to jostle each other today.

Date: March 31, 2022 01:58

Since the "RIP Taylor Hawkins" thread has been closed for whatever reason, will post this story via RockCellar.com here:

Paul McCartney on Taylor Hawkins: “You Were a True Rock and Roll Hero And Will Always Remain in My Heart”

RIP Taylor

In the immediate aftermath of the March 25 death of Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins, the musician’s fans, friends, musical colleagues and acquaintances quickly flooded social media with tributes, memories and posts mourning his tragic passing at just 50 years of age. A notable omission from the initial spate of reactions was Sir Paul McCartney, who had formed a strong musical kinship with Hawkins, Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters over the years. Sir Paul finally issued a statement early Wednesday, and it was clear in reading the words of the Beatles legend that this loss has hit him especially hard.

"Taylor’s sudden death came as a shock to me and the people who knew and loved him.? Not only was he a GREAT drummer but his personality was big and shiny and will be sorely missed by all who were lucky to live and work alongside him. I was asked by the Foo Fighters to play on one of their tracks. It turned out that they wanted me to play drums! – on one of Taylor’s songs. This request came from a group with TWO amazing drummers! It was an incredible session and cemented my relationship with Taylor and the guys. Later they asked if I would induct them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I sang with them on ‘Get Back’. Taylor provided a powerhouse drum part. I’ll never forget that night. All of which made it much more of a desperately sad shock to hear he had died. So thanks Taylor for sharing some glorious minutes with me. You were a true Rock and Roll hero and will always remain in my heart.? God bless his family and band – Love Paul X"

As for the songs mentioned in McCartney’s words, the song in question is “Sunday Rain,” featured on Foo Fighters’ 2017 album Concrete & Gold. Penned by Hawkins and performed 127 times by the band since its debut, it’s one of two Hawkins-written songs (the other being “Cold Day in the Sun”) that became somewhat of a set list treat and a chance for Grohl to take a breather from the rigors of singing on every track.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Foo Fighters & Paul McCartney - Get Back (2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-31 01:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 1, 2022 01:50

Hairball

Macca

SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY is being considered for a peerage to mark the moment the former Beatles singer celebrates his 80th birthday, reports suggest.

The 'Let it Be' composer had already received an MBE back in 1965 and was then given a knighthood from the Queen in 1997 for his services to music. Sir Paul's knighthood was subsequently upgraded in 2018 to the Order of the Companions of Honour, which is an exclusive group comprising of a maximum of 65 members and the Queen. According to the Royal Family website, the Order was founded in 1917 and the monarch only awards it to people “who have made a major contribution in their field" However, sources now suggest the 18-time Grammy Award winner could receive a peerage for his service to British culture and his musical achievements in the year he celebrates his 80th birthday. Speaking to The Sun a source disclosed: “Paul is already in an extraordinarily exclusive set of people at the very top of the honours system. “There is now quiet talk among officials about how to mark his 80th with something truly special. “The idea of offering him the chance to sit as a cross-bencher in the Lords has been mooted.” They added: “He has given incredible service to British culture, so it could be a very fitting tribute and mark of all that he has one for his country.”

The rumours come as Sir Paul prepares to headline Glastonbury Festival in the summer, just one week after his milestone birthday. His performance at the festival had been postponed for two years due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, Glastonbury organisers are beyond excited by his inclusion in the line-up. Co-organiser Emily Eavis said: "When he finally confirmed, we were beyond [excited]. “For us, having Paul McCartney is obviously a dream, a huge moment in our history. "It means the world getting Paul McCartney to Glastonbury." A historic 60-year rivalry has also been reignited in relation to the Glastonbury performance as The Rolling Stones announce they will be playing Hyde Park on the same evening. Paul McCartney previously addressed the rivalry between the two bands as “very friendly” even though they each continue to jostle each other today.

Wow - that would be quite something. At a guess, he'll be "Lord MacCartney of Walton" after the Liverpool district he grew up in. It would definitely make him the 1st Lord of Popular Music. Lots of musicians with knighthoods nowadays - they seem to dish them out all over the place nowadays, with some very dubious awards.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 1, 2022 02:06

I bet there's a lot of perks being a Lord. Special parking space, scepter, crown, probably a cool robe with his initials on it.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 1, 2022 02:12

jahisnotdead
I bet there's a lot of perks being a Lord. Special parking space, scepter, crown, probably a cool robe with his initials on it.

Most of them are half asleep in there all day. They get an attendance allowance of 3 or 400 quid a day and generous expenses, though nothing that'll make any difference to Macca! I don't think they get crowns. The House of Lords is unelected and a bit of a national embarrassment in truth. There's a good case for scrapping it.

Date: April 10, 2022 03:12

Paul McCartney: Unheard cassette of demo expected to fetch £10,000 at auction
The cassette was recorded around a decade after the band split up to pursue solo careers.

Macca

A previously unheard cassette recording of a Sir Paul McCartney song is expected sell for £10,000 when it goes under the hammer this month. The tape, which runs for four minutes and two seconds, is a demo version of McCartney's song Attention - a track that made it onto bandmate Ringo Starr's 1981 album Smell The Roses. It features McCartney singing, playing the piano and producing a percussion sound with his voice. A Maxwell C-60 audio cassette also has a handwritten label enclosed. It is expected to fetch £10,000 at the sale at Omega auctions in Merseyside on 26 April, which will be hosted by veteran rhythm and blues saxophonist Howie Casey. The musician played on Ringo Starr's album and was given the demo cassette as a reference in preparation for recording sessions. His wife Sheila would perform backing vocals, along with Linda McCartney. Auctioneer Paul Fairweather said: "We sold a similar cassette demo in May 2020 which fetched £8,000 so we are well aware of the significant interest in previously unheard examples of Paul McCartney's amazing body of work." He added that it is "really fascinating" to hear him "unaccompanied working through the bones of the song" and the cassette provides an insight into McCartney's "startling talent for songwriting".

Date: April 11, 2022 09:51

Previous auction was for "Angel in Disguise" and we did get a snippet at the time [youtu.be] so there might be one for this too...wait, here it is : [youtu.be]

--------------

Date: April 28, 2022 06:33

Preview clip of Paul's tour which begins tomorrow:

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 28, 2022 07:59

jahisnotdead

(Slightly embarrassing....)

Two friends from my teen years are in the House of Lords. I've never really asked them about the perks of the position... perhaps next time I talk/email with them....

But, yes, Lord McCartney of Woolton (or Peasemarsh more likely) does seem sort of inevitable.

[Background. It took a while for actors who had done really well to be knighted, and then in due course to get elevated to the peerage. Lord Olivier (previously Sir Laurence) was among the first to get that nod. So its perhaps time for a famous pop talent.... We'll know in about a month]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 28, 2022 08:27

grzegorz67
Hairball

Macca

Wow - that would be quite something. At a guess, he'll be "Lord MacCartney of Walton" after the Liverpool district he grew up in. It would definitely make him the 1st Lord of Popular Music. Lots of musicians with knighthoods nowadays - they seem to dish them out all over the place nowadays, with some very dubious awards.

It's obviously a cultural thing in the UK and, aside from the historical respect given, it doesn't actually mean anything.

Right? It's just a title. As in, no one on iorr.org, that I am aware of, says Sir Mick Jagger in any threads.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 28, 2022 08:58

Would be funny to imagine Paul dressed in a royal frock sitting while smoking a pipe and complaining about the youth and their loud rebellious music. winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home