Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Mick Taylor tour compensation
Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: August 3, 2013 03:31

Wasn't it uncovered that Bobby Keyes during the Licks tour was on 8k a show? If that's the case I would assume Taylor would be on around whatever Bobby is (now) on. I think he would have been looked after. It's nothing more than a vague feeling though.

I think Jagger has always had a soft spot for Taylor having worked with him on and off over the years. I'd like to think a few grand here and there out of the billion or so dollars Mick and Keith are worth wouldn't be scrutinised too much.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 3, 2013 04:09

$ 10.000 on the high end,$3.000,on the low,plus expenses,thats it,hopefully one day we will know all the details...smiling smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 3, 2013 06:22

the more the better!

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: August 3, 2013 18:02

ROPENI
$ 10.000 on the high end, $ 3.000,on the low, plus expenses, thats it, hopefully one day we will know all the details...smiling smiley

Because then you will finally be able to sleep properly again ?
It's got nothing to do with you.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 3, 2013 21:12

OzHeavyThrobber
Wasn't it uncovered that Bobby Keyes during the Licks tour was on 8k a show? If that's the case I would assume Taylor would be on around whatever Bobby is (now) on. I think he would have been looked after. It's nothing more than a vague feeling though.

I want to be on whatever Bobby is on.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: August 3, 2013 21:16

71Tele
OzHeavyThrobber

Right now or back in the day ?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 3, 2013 21:19

SundanceKid
71Tele
OzHeavyThrobber

Right now or back in the day ?

I'm not sure...what's he on now?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: August 4, 2013 18:18

I read on one of these boards, before the tour, that he was going to be paid $2 million for the tour.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 4, 2013 19:14

OzHeavyThrobber

I think Jagger has always had a soft spot for Taylor having worked with him on and off over the years. I'd like to think a few grand here and there out of the billion or so dollars Mick and Keith are worth wouldn't be scrutinised too much.

are they upto a billion now?

It's also possible that Mick and Keith agreed to pay him more then the usual going rate and in return Taylor agreed (not that he was considering it) never to sue for any past royalties he thought were owed him. Some of the songs he thought he (or actally did) co-wrote. Yeah, this has to be it!smoking smiley

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: August 4, 2013 19:40

I agree about a hypothetical clause that he couldn't sue, but even if he did, they could out-lawyer him so bad it would probably be thrown out.

Anyone who has seen this guy up close knows that MT is among the humblest of "rock stars", financially and personally. That, combined with the inescapable truth known to longtime fans, to the press, to the band themselves, that it was in great part because of MT that the Stones had that "Golden Age," all this came together to bring him on for a song or two.

Why they did not use him more, when that seem implied by Keith, is beyond me. There has got to be something we just don't know. Something didn't go so well in rehearsals...something.

Even though it was great to see the video of US dates, Glastonbury, watching RW plinking away at BS, TD, etc. when MT was backstage, felt...frustrating.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-04 19:43 by paulm.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: August 4, 2013 20:07

So does this mean the next tour will be without Taylor's cameos? I'm not so certain. Hopefully even this little bit can continue..

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 4, 2013 20:26

Rambler is my favorite RS song and it exponentially better with MT on it. Hope he got the financial compensation he deserves, plus he looked healthier, lost weight, got a decent haircut and a flattering wardrobe. Hopefully he will be able to look after himself when he is older.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 4, 2013 21:07

Why don't you ask Uncle Scrooge himself - Sir Michael? I'm sure he's well paid though. He deserves it retrospectively even though his contibution on the tour is pretty much redundant - like a fifth wheel.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 4, 2013 21:49

Stoneage
Why don't you ask Uncle Scrooge himself - Sir Michael? I'm sure he's well paid though. He deserves it retrospectively even though his contibution on the tour is pretty much redundant - like a fifth wheel.

The only interesting songs were Rambler and Knocing and a couple of Sways. The rest wasn't: more of the same.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 4, 2013 21:54

kleermaker
Stoneage
... his contibution on the tour is pretty much redundant - like a fifth wheel.

The only interesting songs were Rambler and Knocing and a couple of Sways. The rest wasn't: more of the same.

Kleermaker's opinion is also redundant.

Date: August 4, 2013 22:26

His Majesty
kleermaker
Stoneage
... his contibution on the tour is pretty much redundant - like a fifth wheel.

Kleermaker's opinion is also redundant.

Haha, that's really a childish reply! Made me laugh though.

Date: August 4, 2013 22:41

kleermaker

Not childish, just an observation based on your recent posts.

Date: August 4, 2013 22:47

His Majesty
kleermaker

Not childish, just an observation based on your recent posts.

You mean: a fact instead of an opinion grinning smiley

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: August 4, 2013 23:59

georgeV
I read on one of these boards, before the tour, that he was going to be paid $2 million for the tour.

Why is he paid in zimbabwean dollars?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 5, 2013 00:20

paulm
There has got to be something we just don't know.

Yep

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: August 5, 2013 00:21

paulm
...the inescapable truth known to longtime fans, to the press, to the band themselves, that it was in great part because of MT that the Stones had that "Golden Age"

Once again, Mick Taylor is perceived as being undercompensated for his vast contribution (and underused for his vast potential). What sparks our speculation is the perception of injustice of the situation, and a drive to resolve it.

There is a pattern here so let's posit that as before, money and ego never swayed him, as they have some other artists. Not saying he does not deserve money in spades btw. Not saying he would not mind it either!

But what does appear to be of primary value to Mick Taylor is reuniting with the band, playing with them again in any way shape or form. Whatever follows is gravy. If so, his priorities are blameless imo.

As paulm points out, recognition for his role, cementing his legacy with grace and to broad acclaim is without a doubt a gigantic boost for him in countless ways. His patience and perseverance have paid off. Good for him. There is the juice of the matter. And to their credit, the RS are supportive.

But money? Mick Taylor's contribution to the coffers of the RS is immeasurable. His artistry priceless. This is now becoming widely understood.
What a joke to withhold from Mick Taylor. Jagger/Richards with all their excessive millions, have it on their heads to make it right. Greed -- for what else could it be? negligence? -- is their messed up karma, not his.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 5, 2013 01:28

>>Why they did not use him more, when that seem implied by Keith, is beyond me. There has got to be something we just don't know. Something didn't go so well in rehearsals...something.

If you mean why he was limited to 2 or 3 songs per show, I think it is to squash the possibility of the RS ever becoming known as 'Mick Taylor and the Rolling Stones'.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 5, 2013 03:58

Presuming there is a new album, MT will probably be on it, maybe not all the songs, but a few, and I'll be he'll get the songwriting credits.

He's acted a gentleman unlike Wyman, whom we'll never see again with the Stones.

Date: August 5, 2013 04:02

Wyman did the right thing IMO, not the bitching, just the not taking part any further in their tour.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 5, 2013 04:02

SundanceKid
ROPENI
$ 10.000 on the high end, $ 3.000,on the low, plus expenses, thats it, hopefully one day we will know all the details...smiling smiley

Because then you will finally be able to sleep properly again ?
It's got nothing to do with you.

Well excuse meeeee,for giving my two cents worth,and yes l do believe one day Mick Taylor,will give his side of the story about his time with the band,from 69 to 2013,and l think it will surprise many here in the board....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 5, 2013 04:12

His Majesty
Wyman did the right thing IMO, not the bitching, just the not taking part any further in their tour.

Well choosing to tour no further, that I didn't have a problem with, just the whining.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 5, 2013 04:19

LookoutMountain

What a joke to withhold from Mick Taylor. Jagger/Richards with all their excessive millions, have it on their heads to make it right. Greed -- for what else could it be? negligence? -- is their messed up karma, not his.

How do you know they're not paying him every cent he deserves? (And everyone will have a different opinion of what that is, but let's just say every cent HE feels he deserves.) There seems to be an assumption that he's being underpaid, whereas I've seen no proof of that.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 5, 2013 06:53

I guess time will tell whether MT was well paid or not...we'll see if he buys a chateau in France.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 21:44 by Bliss.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 5, 2013 07:09

Aquamarine, I completely agree.

MT seemed very happy being given a second chance and a boost in his always-shaky confidence.

Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: August 5, 2013 09:12

Aquamarine
LookoutMountain

How do you know they're not paying him every cent he deserves? (And everyone will have a different opinion of what that is, but let's just say every cent HE feels he deserves.) There seems to be an assumption that he's being underpaid, whereas I've seen no proof of that.

Sorry Aquamarine, you misunderstand my point. I do not mean to disparage the RS or assert that they are not doing the right thing by MT. Just stating that they would be foolish NOT to compensate him generously, in recognition of his considerable contribution toward building their assets.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1124
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home