Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Who's your favorite Rolling Stone?
Date: August 6, 2013 09:22

Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw
kleermaker
nightskyman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

hmmmm..... no. I did.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-06 10:45 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 6, 2013 09:54

DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw
kleermaker
nightskyman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

So don't quote me like I did, ok?

Writing "I think some confusion happened and my username was accidentally attached to a *quote* tab including someone else's words" might have been less confusing, more helpful and somewhat nicer and more polite, as this is clearly a "cut/copy/paste" mistake that caused all of that. Anyway I've deleted that post and here by declare to the court and honorable members that due to technical reasons I might have created a false attribution of some quote by member X to member Y .

Date: August 6, 2013 10:32

Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw
kleermaker
nightskyman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Writing "I think some confusion happened and my username was accidentally attached to a *quote* tab including someone else's words" might have been less confusing, more helpful and somewhat nicer and more polite, as this is clearly a "cut/copy/paste" mistake that caused all of that. Anyway I've deleted that post and here by declare to the court and honorable members that due to technical reasons I might have created a false attribution of some quote by member X to member Y .

LOL! Thanks, Wroclaw thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 6, 2013 10:34

Don't worry, Wroclow, a human mistake, that's all.smileys with beer

I delate my replies, to not cause more confusion.

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 6, 2013 10:39

Dandie, could you please also delate those replies of yours, since there is so many box misquotings included?

- Doxa

Date: August 6, 2013 10:46

Deleted!

Date: August 6, 2013 10:52

Doxa
Don't worry, Wroclow, a human mistake, that's all.smileys with beer

I delate my replies, to not cause more confusion.

- Doxa

Yeppp... and pretty much with the spirit of the Rolling Stones - while some parts of the live discussion were botched (the scarf mixed with my typing fingers) we just generously used the overdub ("Edit") options and now the immortal version is as smooth as an Eric Clapton live performance. smileys with beer

Date: August 6, 2013 11:49

Yeah, we like it performed sloppy here, Wroclaw winking smiley

Except for the Taylorites, that is grinning smiley

Date: August 6, 2013 11:56

DandelionPowderman

I am a Taylorian... found this forum when I've searched for Kleermaker published stuff additional to what there is on youtube. But then... I know some devoted Catholics who think its time for the Vaticano to acknowledge gays, condoms, abortions and divorce as normal parts of life, so maybe I'me like them, just in regards to the RS.

Date: August 6, 2013 12:08

Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman

I am a Taylorian... found this forum when I've searched for Kleermaker published stuff additional to what there is on youtube. But then... I know some devoted Catholics who think its time for the Vaticano to acknowledge gays, condoms, abortions and divorce as normal parts of life, so maybe I'me like them, just in regards to the RS.

Me like! thumbs up

A liberal Taylorite. I'm almost there myself smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-06 12:09 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:45

DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw
kleermaker
nightskyman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

LOL! Thanks, Wroclaw thumbs up

best IORR thread ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 06:46 by Turner68.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 30, 2015 11:54

Keef. and i would need to write a 1000 page book to explain all the reasons why to anyone.
he is without doubt a living legend. the last of a dying breed. he says it how it is, and until recently he did not give a monkeys ass what anyone thinks.
rebel, charmer, hard ass, sensitive, dynamic, survivor, genius. there are a hundred words to describe him.
he is full of contradictions, and i identify with him the most..
i find the other six (inc Taylor, WYNMAN, JONES ) stones members fascinating too.
but Keith he is just something else. wait a minute i know a song about that .. he may be a bit like Marmite to some people, but love or hate him, he wrote the best rock songs ever written....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 12:37 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:15

Ian Stewart

I'm not kidding

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:25

very hard to say. To find out, I say, if i was to choose between meeting anyone of them I would probably choose Keith.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 18:55

I can't remember if I've already posted here. Oh well, I'll post again. Definitely Keith for me! For so many countless reasons. I loved reading Life, and I spend time every day trying to learn his guitar tricks. Truly the greatest guitarist there ever was (or ever will be!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 18:55 by stones2000.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 30, 2015 18:59

papa was a rolling stone

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 30, 2015 19:06

MariAnitasmiling smiley

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 30, 2015 19:34

Keith.

Mick is probably the least replacable sound- and performance-wise but Keith has the charisma.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 30, 2015 22:25

Yes, Keith

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 22:55

Chuck or Blondie - toss up

Posted by: kristian ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:17

1964 - 1965 it used to be Bill Wyman, dunno why. Maybe he looked somewhat dangerous with that black leather waistcoat, white shirt, long black hair AND the red Framus bass-guitar. What with his paedophilic achievements, I´ve grown to rather dislike him.

From then on, Mj of course, Brian Jones maybe, but mainly because of his Tear Drop Vox and low-slung Gibson Firebird.

MT was and still is my favorite, naturally because of his playing, but also for being the "innocent boy in a bad company" - which wasn´t true at all, of course.

Keith I never liked, as a character, and the "Keef" is just terrible.

Ron Wood is not a Rolling Stone, and will never be (he plays all right, nowadays after 40+ years very well, again). IMHO.

So there´s Charles Robert Watts. I remeber back at the time when Mick J used to bring him to the microphone to tell the crowd that "the next number is going to be Little red Rooster". The sharpest dressed man in R&R.

Date: July 1, 2015 00:56

kristian
1964 - 1965 it used to be Bill Wyman, dunno why. Maybe he looked somewhat dangerous with that black leather waistcoat, white shirt, long black hair AND the red Framus bass-guitar. What with his paedophilic achievements, I´ve grown to rather dislike him.

From then on, Mj of course, Brian Jones maybe, but mainly because of his Tear Drop Vox and low-slung Gibson Firebird.

MT was and still is my favorite, naturally because of his playing, but also for being the "innocent boy in a bad company" - which wasn´t true at all, of course.

Keith I never liked, as a character, and the "Keef" is just terrible.

Ron Wood is not a Rolling Stone, and will never be (he plays all right, nowadays after 40+ years very well, again). IMHO.

So there´s Charles Robert Watts. I remeber back at the time when Mick J used to bring him to the microphone to tell the crowd that "the next number is going to be Little red Rooster". The sharpest dressed man in R&R.

whatever . how can you not like Keith and Ronnie and enjoy the stones. i mean they are all over everything that is the stones. they are in your face and ears at every turn. and you are a fan of the stones ?? your entitled to your opinion kristian. so tell me what is it about Keith's character you don't like. i'm intrigued..

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 1, 2015 03:23

Keith, but I would rather meet Ronnie.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:08

Thrylan

Exactly the same here! I'd rather play with Ronnie too (bass)

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:12

roller99
Thrylan

Exactly the same here! I'd rather play with Ronnie too (bass)

I envision Ronnie as completely sympatico. No ego. Just walk into your basement or garage and be like, "What are YOU working on?" So seemingly selfless.......Christ, he has got to be the only guitar player ever to be able to live with Hendrix, and come out smiling.

Date: July 1, 2015 09:28

This is a nice topic and I don't want it deleted so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 1, 2015 10:57

Mick Taylor

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: July 1, 2015 17:31

Ian Stewart

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 5, 2015 16:55

I asked this question to geordiestone once.

They looked confused, but responded nonetheless:

'Wyman?' smiling smiley

Olly.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home