Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: No Emotional Rescue for european fans ?
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 9, 2013 12:53

ER was the low point of the show I saw (Vegas). I will admit that I have never been fond of that song. I actually like that album except for that song. Band seemed bored playing it except for Daryl, who got to step out. Seems campy & weak to me. Just my opinion. I'm sure there are folks that like it.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:10

I'm pretty certain the song would be well received with European audiences. There was a huge disco scene in Europe, too, and that later developed into more electronic dance music styles. Italy surely would love the song, some places in Germany, too. How about other places?

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 9, 2013 20:23

For me, ER was one of the best surprises of this tour, along with Memory Motel. I always loved this song, must be for the beat and the sax solo.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:13

Torres
For me, ER was one of the best surprises of this tour, along with Memory Motel. I always loved this song, must be for the beat and the sax solo.
thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:48

No Emotional Rescue for european fans ?

Consider yourselves lucky if it isn't played.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:57

Hearing ER, at the concerts I went to, was very cool. I seem to remember Oakland's having a little bounce, to the beat.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:05

I thoroughly enjoyed it in Toronto...nice addition.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 23:06

Clearly its a love it or hate it song judging by reactions here. Personally I'd rather see pretty much any other song from their entire catalogue.

Date: July 9, 2013 23:11

24FPS
sjs12
24FPS
At least ER is fresh. They could drop Sympathy For The Devil at this point. It's so tired, let it go out to pasture.

You know that SFTD is a huge crowd pleaser right?

Is it? It certainly got a blasé welcome the first night of the American tour in Los Angeles that I attended. He's played out the so called drama of the cut to the point of stunning boredom. Jagger seems to think it absolutely has to be there and it absolutely doesn't.

Yes. It is.

Think Hyde park with 65000 people walking out singing woo woo at the top of their voices. Think a whole stadium singing along to the song at the top of their voices. Think a whole stadium pre-empting the song before the show starts with woo woos. It is the biggest crowd pleaser of the lot.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: July 9, 2013 23:19

ab
Trust me: you didn't miss anything by not getting ER in Glastonbury or Hyde Park. A 70-year-old man singing falsetto badly is not anything you need, want or should otherwise find yourself subjected to.

ER got a great response at the Chicago show I was at. I never thought a whole lot of it, but it was pretty nice to hear something different live, and it works also for the casual fans since it was a big hit back in the day. And Mick's falsetto works alot better on this tune vs Worried About You live.

Date: July 10, 2013 00:10

sjs12
Clearly its a love it or hate it song judging by reactions here. Personally I'd rather see pretty much any other song from their entire catalogue.

Is there nothing I can say, nothing I can do?

Date: July 10, 2013 00:15

treaclefingers
sjs12

Sorry, I'm afraid nothing you say or do will persuade me!

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: July 10, 2013 03:36

Godxofxrock9
steini
It´s a shame and reminds me of Undercover and One Hit, i think Undercover got played in the one or two first show on Urban Jungle and thats it.
Undercover was not played on the urban jungle tour it was played on every show on the steel wheels tour and one hit was also played on the same tour about 21 times

Yeah, but then Europe got Street Fighting Man.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: July 10, 2013 03:53

I've always love ER. It was really cool to hear it live for the first time.

I think Mick does a great falsetto.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 10, 2013 04:43

I think it's dangerous to risk Mick ever hearing a fan say a set list change was bad.....

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 10, 2013 07:59

I was afraid of this. Was the song I was waiting for in HP.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 10, 2013 08:20

...loved hearing it live ... wish they'da kept
it in the setlist and worked it a meaner.. dirtier beast..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 10, 2013 08:31

Rockman
...loved hearing it live ... wish they'da kept
it in the setlist and worked it a meaner.. dirtier beast..

It had potential....... could have been the one that knocked out Miss You......I'll make that trade any day.....

Date: July 10, 2013 18:55

sjs12
treaclefingers
sjs12

...too change your mind, I'm so in love with you. (OK, not really but you get it I presume).

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 10, 2013 19:11

ER is one of my favourite Stones songs.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: July 10, 2013 19:30

sonomastone

I don't think they like playing in daylight

I believe this is very true as well. There were comments made by people as far back as Altamont, some people noted that the concert was going on all day, but the Stones supposedly waited until after dark to go on. The exception seems to be the '81 tour, where most of those gigs seem to have been all-day daytime events with the Stones going on in the late afternoon, which may have been a Bill Graham thing (thinking of the "Day On The Green" concerts in Oakland, which were a big success for Graham all through the late '70s). Other than '81 and one or two midnight sun, Arctic Circle type outdoor shows, I'd be hard pressed to think of an example of the Stones playing in daylight since maybe Australia in '73? It just does not happen very often.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 10, 2013 21:46

Yeah, the stones are like an ugly girl... it's so much better with the lights off

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: July 10, 2013 21:55

no thanks! if you do not play it the more I am more than happy .....

Date: July 11, 2013 02:58

Torres
Yeah, the stones are like an ugly girl... it's so much better with the lights off

They're also like the Eagles...so much better with 3 guitars.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 17, 2013 01:44

Doc
I hope this song will be part of the 2nd Hyde Park show since it's been skipped from both others UK shows.

This so far last gig could be incredible with Emotional rescue + 2/3 songs with Mick Taylor.
I'd love Sway for instance + MR

So Doc, where you at HP 2 to catch a great version of ER ? smiling bouncing smiley

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 17, 2013 01:53

treaclefingers
sjs12
treaclefingers
sjs12

...too change your mind, I'm so in love with you. (OK, not really but you get it I presume).

Ok so they played it at HP2 and it was better than I imagined it would be. I'm off to eat my hat!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 17, 2013 04:31

How many times has Europe heard SFM?

COME ON! The first tour they've ever played this tune and some people are saying they hate the song.

It's not Streets Of Love or Rock And A Hard Place, songs that should have never been played live; it's a stellar track. So Mick didn't really sing it in terms of getting into it like he could have, nor did they play it like they, well, it has been a long time since it was recorded.

Point is, perhaps similar with the idea of Sway from the ABB tour this is another one of those tunes. Jigsaw Puzzle would be another one.

Don't get the dislike for this track. It's a awesome tune. And they FINALLY played it live. It's not the same ol'. I love SFM but how could someone NOT want to hear ER?!!?

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: July 17, 2013 04:55

Consider yourself lucky....ER sounded awful...

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 17, 2013 12:51

I liked the version at Hyde Park a lot. My 8 year old daughter also enjoyded Mick's Mickey Mouse voice for ER (-;

Playing ER at leat once inE urope seems to proof that RS follow IORR smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 17, 2013 13:01

I love ER! The entire album actually, one of the Stones albums I play most frequently. It´s in my CD player now. smiling smiley I love the falsetto. I sing in a choir (alto), and can honestly say that falsetto is so cool - and difficult, it takes a bit of practice for those guys (not so much for the tenors as they mostly sing in high pitch anyway, but the bass singers)!

Hopefully, I get to hear it live too! Was at Hyde Park 1, but not 2.

"I will be your knight in shining armour, coming to your emotional rescue.... (....) Riding across the desert on a fine Arab chaaaaaaarger"....mmmm. Love it. winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home