Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Fights at concert
Posted by: martinw ()
Date: July 9, 2013 14:33

We were in the crush at the end, trying to retrieve our bags from the so-called Unwind area - the stupid security guards were holding barriers across the entrance preventing people getting in. They eventually started to let people in one at a time so they could inspect their wristbands. People at the front (including me and my wife) were getting crushed against the barriers, some were pleading with the security morons to move the barriers as they couldn't breathe, but they just refused - only following orders...A couple of drunks were throwing punches and elbowing people in the face. With the press of the crowd we finally managed to push the barriers down and get through. As I was being forced through a very small gap with the weight of the crowd behind me, a security moron shouted to me that I couldn't go in there unless he'd inspected my wristband first! It's a wonder no-one was killed or seriously injured.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2013 15:16

tatters
Worst fight I ever saw was at a Moody Blues concert. Justin's singing about bluebirds and nightingales, and all of a sudden the punches start flying.

John Lodge will stop at nothing to get out of playing that song.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 16:48

No fights, but during the show one of the guys in a small group of friends just flatly fell down on the ground (totally legless) to our left side further back in Tier 3. Probably the same guy who threw empty (?) bottles over the crowd. The girls were annoyed by it. Later on they had moved right in front of us. All drunk and standing in a ring talking/laughing instead of listening the last half of the show. Got red wine on our clothes thanks to one of the girls who decided to throw it in the air during Satisfaction and I got an empty Stones merch bag thrown in my face (I kept that, hehe). Oh well, some people just have to be ignored. We did not let that bother us, we had a great time!

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:01

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:59

this is a good example of why FESTIVAL/GENERAL ADMISSION EVENTS SUCK !!!!!!!!!because of issues like this ,factor in hot weather ,the sun beating down on you all day .lack of food or water (your own that you carry in )long lines for food and water and bathrooms and well what do you expect.then people are drinking or doing other things and all it takes is one idiot to start misbehaving and bang you have violence which sucks because people are there to have a good time untill some idiot has to start acting like no one else is around and they think they are home and have permission to act out.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home