Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Fights at concert
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 7, 2013 16:37

Fights at concerts suck!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 16:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: July 7, 2013 17:00

tatters
Worst fight I ever saw was at a Moody Blues concert. Justin's singing about bluebirds and nightingales, and all of a sudden the punches start flying.

I would start a fight at a Moody Blues concert myself. Better entertainment than anything on stage.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 7, 2013 17:09

MoreFastNumbers
Bastion
I was at in the very front row of Tier 3 and somebody stole some bloke's hat. Don't think I've ever seen someone so angry.

And how early did you go to the entrance to get in to the front??
Did you have the wristband with this fast track entry stuff?

Thanks for the info

I had the fast track entry but it didn't really make a difference.

Both the main entrance and fast track queues opened at 12.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 7, 2013 17:10

Elmo
tatters
Worst fight I ever saw was at a Moody Blues concert. Justin's singing about bluebirds and nightingales, and all of a sudden the punches start flying.

I would start a fight at a Moody Blues concert myself. Better entertainment than anything on stage.

I think it started when some girl asked another girl to please stop talking. Then the boyfriends got involved. Then all hell broke loose. The lone security guard who arrived on the scene to try to break it up looked like she was about 90 years old. I guess they just weren't expecting there to be any fights at a Moody Blues concert.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 17:11 by tatters.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 7, 2013 17:29

Bastion
I was at in the very front row of Tier 3 and somebody stole some bloke's hat. Don't think I've ever seen someone so angry.

I had a hat when I came in and I hung it on the rack,
And I'll have a hat when I go out or I'll break somebody's back;
I'm a decent man, I am, I am, and I don't want to shout,
But I had a hat when I came in and I'll have a hat when I go out!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 7, 2013 20:23

paulywaul
Green Lady
The Worst.
I remember one guy and his wife (I presume) were carried out by security and medics right in front of where I stood in tier 2 during Gimme Shelter. Probably the same incident. I was standing beside the middle fence during the entire concert and could see how busy the security were tonight. The combination of hot sunshine, alcohol and long waiting made many people faint and pass out when The Stones performed.

You must have been quite near me - lots of people fainting. I missed quite a lot of YCAGWYW because a lady fainted and had to be lifted out over the barrier right next to me. Security all went tearing off down to the far end of the barrier in mid-show so there obviously was some kind of ruckus down there.

Beast and I were right on the catwalk barrier about 3 yards out from the stage, and at one point there was like a never-ending procession of people being brought out by security and ambulance crews in "varying states of disrepair", including one bloke who had a ghostly pale white complexion and was actually fully immobilised in a stretcher. He was being taken out by St John's ambulance. Then there were various people who were walking, but only just ......... it looked like the heat and possibly the crush had got the better of them.

It only began to get really tightly packed in Tier 1 (especially towards that little front "corner" tucked in against the front of the stage and the catwalk) about half an hour before the Stones came on when there was the usual "surge", but even then it wasn't TOO bad. I've personally been in far worse. Don't know what Tiers 2 & 3 were like, anyone ?????????????

I remember that guy. He was standing opposite to me in tier 3, not too far from that platform at the end of the catwalk. One could clearly see that tier 3 in the area close to stage was far more crowded than tier 2.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:09

I have go admit that I had some sort of moment of madness in tier 1 - I don't know if it was drink or more probably heat stroke, but I flipped out about the absolute SH*TE sight lines .not been able to see charlie is RESTRICTED VIEW .I decided to push forward like a complete knobhead. People tutted and complained and eventually I got punched. Not very hard so no harm done, but it brought me to my senses. I worked my way back to friends. .....ashamed.

Worst ever Stones gig for me. Not the band or the company I had. I just felt "detached"
I'll do better next week. Apologies to anyone I stood on !

SC UK (KNOBHEAD)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:13

straycatuk
I have go admit that I had some sort of moment of madness in tier 1 - I don't know if it was drink or more probably heat stroke, but I flipped out about the absolute SH*TE sight lines .not been able to see charlie is RESTRICTED VIEW .I decided to push forward like a complete knobhead. People tutted and complained and eventually I got punched. Not very hard so no harm done, but it brought me to my senses. I worked my way back to friends. .....ashamed.

Worst ever Stones gig for me. Not the band or the company I had. I just felt "detached"
I'll do better next week. Apologies to anyone I stood on !

SC UK (KNOBHEAD)

Tsk ..... naughty naughty ! Slap on wrist .......... or perhaps even a bang on the hooter !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:37

I was at this show at Red Rocks ampitheater back in my youthful days and a fight broke out right next to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some guy was dancing like crazy and knocked down a couple girls, the boyfriend started swinging! Lucky Vedder saw it from on stage and stopped it . . . check it out at 0:49

Posted by: muppetmark ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:33

Bastion
MoreFastNumbers
Bastion

And how early did you go to the entrance to get in to the front??
Did you have the wristband with this fast track entry stuff?

Thanks for the info

I had the fast track entry but it didn't really make a difference.

Both the main entrance and fast track queues opened at 12.
they opened at 12:45
i thought the fast track made a difference to quite a few people

Posted by: HeadFullofSnow ()
Date: July 8, 2013 14:20

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 8, 2013 16:52

tatters

Voices in the Sky or punches in the eye?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 8, 2013 17:07

Fisticuffs used to be quite common in the days of the general admission free for all.
Not quite so common these days .
Not sure whether it's cos folks have to sit on a chair or whether we've all grown up a bit.

[ I yearn for those old days. The folks who got the best "seats" were the ones who sat outside the gates the longest...not those with the most money ;^) ]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2013 19:35

where are the photos of the fight ? remember every photo tells a story

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 8, 2013 20:59

ab
So what if he got there first? Tall people should stand in the back. Little people are entitled because they're wee and have to endure all sorts of horrible discrimination, like dwarf bowling. If the tall people stand in the front, little people can only see their collarbones! Who pays all that money just to see collarbones?

The guy behind me was claiming to the two girls in front of him, after they got a tall pusher-in thrown out, that their thinking on this subject (namely what you just described) was bourgeous middleclass thinking and highly offensive to him, being a big guy. He then bolstered his argument by quoting Sartre, and dragged in the Bible at some point too.

This was just after somebody tried to have ME thrown out as a pusher-in, despite my having been there for nearly 8 hours. Guess I'm so short I just didn't register.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:22

HeadFullofSnow

It's too bad it's been hyped to be what it isn't! He didn't actually hit the guy.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:45

I always feel bad that Keith didn't actually connect that night... For all of the legends about that swing, it would have been nice if it was more of a hit than a swing.

That being said, the guy should be feeling pretty lucky... I've played some tough rooms over the years (never behind chicken wire but wished for it once) and have seen exactly what a stratocaster's headstock will do to a person when applied "right between the eyes" with excessive force. Also, a JazzBass headstock that I've very fond of accidently laid out a waiter and waitress before the band wisely moved me to the other side of the stage. Trust me, if they weren't some damn expensive, guitars can be used VERY effectively as weapons.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:26

WHOSE FIGHTING, AND WHAT FOR ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:07

Aquamarine
ab
So what if he got there first? Tall people should stand in the back. Little people are entitled because they're wee and have to endure all sorts of horrible discrimination, like dwarf bowling. If the tall people stand in the front, little people can only see their collarbones! Who pays all that money just to see collarbones?

The guy behind me was claiming to the two girls in front of him, after they got a tall pusher-in thrown out, that their thinking on this subject (namely what you just described) was bourgeous middleclass thinking and highly offensive to him, being a big guy. He then bolstered his argument by quoting Sartre, and dragged in the Bible at some point too.

This was just after somebody tried to have ME thrown out as a pusher-in, despite my having been there for nearly 8 hours. Guess I'm so short I just didn't register.

What? Some people were thrown out of T1 for pushing-in?

It seemed rather civilized to me (and a lot less packed than the T3 side opposite the catwalk) and can only remember a slight incident at the very end when some guy (with no t-shirt I think) came from the back to hug a friend who was slightly in front of me to my right. When people he'd pushed aside saw that they relaxed.

Posted by: muppetmark ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:12

I got punched for trying to make my way back to my dad because i had to cut through the crowd.... the guy who punched me later saw me make my way back to the barrier and reunite with my dad with a guilty look on his face.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:24

....fights at concerts...HECK!!! there's more of it here on IORR

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:43

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 9, 2013 04:45

I saw Pink Floyd in Philadelphia in 1987 and a fight broke out.
Dave Gilmour got up to the mic and said they'll start playing again when a few @#$%& stop fighting.
Im sure they notice something going on but also have to have faith that security will take care of it.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 9, 2013 09:08

jazzbass
At Philly 2, against the front rail in the pit was a a very tall man who blocked the view of most everyone behind him. A small woman asked him if she could stand in front of him and he just ignored her. She got very angry ash started screaming at him etc. He didn't budge. It was his right to remain there but every one behind him wished he'd move to the back, I mean he was really tall; 6'5" or more. It seemed like it might get ugly but ultimately did not.

As I was on the rail 1st row I would like to tell you the other side. I think the guy you are talking about had a VIP ticket (green shirt) like we did. He was waiting in line to be first since 11.00 am in the morning as he did on a lot of other concerts where we met. I feel very sorry for the lady that the guy did not let her in front. However on some occassions it is also first come first serve. The man, was always in front of Mick, when attending the concerts. I do agree that he could have been more polite, However if you're small and stand in front of the monitors of Mick you can't see much.
I also know that a lot of people have been promised VIP Tongue tickets by the secondary market who paid double the price of a VIP thing and got fraud as the tickets were only for normal entrance.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 9, 2013 11:38

There was a scuffle near me at the b-stage at the second Wembley show in '99. Can't remember if the band were playing at the time or how it was resolved but i don't think it lasted too long.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 9, 2013 11:48

gotdablouse
Aquamarine
ab

What? Some people were thrown out of T1 for pushing-in?

It seemed rather civilized to me (and a lot less packed than the T3 side opposite the catwalk) and can only remember a slight incident at the very end when some guy (with no t-shirt I think) came from the back to hug a friend who was slightly in front of me to my right. When people he'd pushed aside saw that they relaxed.

Not thrown out, just sent back where he came from. He wasn't doing any higging, he was just pushing in front of short women!

Date: July 9, 2013 12:33

There was a fight right ib front of me in tier 2.

I had my 11 year old daughter with me, but was stuck because it was so crowded.

A guy pushed hard to get to the front. The guy that was pushed said something to him, and he turned around and knocked the guy down. Then his girlfriend came after him only to get pushed away. The guy that was knocked down tried to get up and run after the other guy, but was held back.

This was during SFTD, not pleasant at all...

Posted by: Aanworb ()
Date: July 9, 2013 12:43

loads of people were fainting or passing out near me in T 3, they didnt seem drunk for the most part so im assuming it was long day in the heat with no water, there was very nearly a fight broke out as two guys who were drunk were trying to push their way past eveyone, they were being pretty rough with a few girls and the boyfriends were getting annoyed, mine included, just drunken mouthy idiots generally it was a good atmosphere with everyone loving it,

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 13:53

DandelionPowderman
There was a fight right ib front of me in tier 2.

I had my 11 year old daughter with me, but was stuck because it was so crowded.

A guy pushed hard to get to the front. The guy that was pushed said something to him, and he turned around and knocked the guy down. Then his girlfriend came after him only to get pushed away. The guy that was knocked down tried to get up and run after the other guy, but was held back.

This was during SFTD, not pleasant at all...

I wonder if that's the one I'm talking about.

We were here:

(my girlfriend and I appear at 00:16)

I first noticed a guy, his wife (in their 40s) and his daughter, making their way past people and getting into an argument with one couple.

Then later they walk past me and right in front of he starts arguing again with the guy so I push him away and tell him to go away. Then he turned back but didn't do anything, carried on.... 2 meters away from me. Then again, I'm watching the gig and all of a sudden I see his wife pulling another lady's hair quite violently... boyfriend intervenes, husband intervens, we grab him back, at some point another guy mingled in between shouting "listen to the @#$%& music", that went on for maybe 1min or 2, next thing I remember is we're in the middle of JJF.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 9, 2013 14:04

That's what you get when there is no FOS area...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home