Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Fights at concert
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:45

Some fight started in Tier2 and started to involve quite a bit of people trying to immobilize some guy and his very vicious wife, me and my friend got involved, i'm surprised no security intervened (maybe it's good, I'd have been kicked out too, probably), have you seen fights becoming serious enough to stop the gig ? It started during Gimme Shelter, and when I went back to look at the stage i thought "oh it's still going on they're playing JJF now" - i missed half of it yawning smiley

Re: Fights at concert
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:47

"We always have something very funny happen when we play that number"....

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 7, 2013 01:56

It's all fun & games until someone gets stabbed to death.

BTW, were you wearing your lucky green suit?

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:36

Now we know what the Stones meant by "No Security"

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:48

I was at in the very front row of Tier 3 and somebody stole some bloke's hat. Don't think I've ever seen someone so angry.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:58

You get that many people together anywhere and it's guaranteed at least a few will be complete douchebags. Bummer you had the misfortune to be standing next to a couple. Hope you sorted them out.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: July 7, 2013 03:01

Bastion
I was at in the very front row of Tier 3 and somebody stole some bloke's hat. Don't think I've ever seen someone so angry.

And how early did you go to the entrance to get in to the front??
Did you have the wristband with this fast track entry stuff?

Thanks for the info

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 7, 2013 03:22

I remember one guy and his wife (I presume) were carried out by security and medics right in front of where I stood in tier 2 during Gimme Shelter. Probably the same incident. I was standing beside the middle fence during the entire concert and could see how busy the security were tonight. The combination of hot sunshine, alcohol and long waiting made many people faint and pass out when The Stones performed.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 7, 2013 04:21

The Worst.
I remember one guy and his wife (I presume) were carried out by security and medics right in front of where I stood in tier 2 during Gimme Shelter. Probably the same incident. I was standing beside the middle fence during the entire concert and could see how busy the security were tonight. The combination of hot sunshine, alcohol and long waiting made many people faint and pass out when The Stones performed.

You must have been quite near me - lots of people fainting. I missed quite a lot of YCAGWYW because a lady fainted and had to be lifted out over the barrier right next to me. Security all went tearing off down to the far end of the barrier in mid-show so there obviously was some kind of ruckus down there.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 7, 2013 04:39

and somebody stole some bloke's hat....heck it wasn't BlackHat from here on IORR was it???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 7, 2013 04:50

Worst fight I ever saw was at a Moody Blues concert. Justin's singing about bluebirds and nightingales, and all of a sudden the punches start flying.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 7, 2013 04:58

Rockman
and somebody stole some bloke's hat....heck it wasn't BlackHat from here on IORR was it???

Its that guy right there....if he doesn't give him his hat back man.....

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 7, 2013 05:29

At Philly 2, against the front rail in the pit was a a very tall man who blocked the view of most everyone behind him. A small woman asked him if she could stand in front of him and he just ignored her. She got very angry ash started screaming at him etc. He didn't budge. It was his right to remain there but every one behind him wished he'd move to the back, I mean he was really tall; 6'5" or more. It seemed like it might get ugly but ultimately did not.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 7, 2013 05:32

oh that's what it was then, security in T1/Rail seemed very concerned at some point and all rushed to the back. It was nice to lose the big nasty looking guy staring at us for no good reason!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 7, 2013 08:15

jazzbass
At Philly 2, against the front rail in the pit was a a very tall man who blocked the view of most everyone behind him. A small woman asked him if she could stand in front of him and he just ignored her. She got very angry ash started screaming at him etc. He didn't budge. It was his right to remain there but every one behind him wished he'd move to the back, I mean he was really tall; 6'5" or more. It seemed like it might get ugly but ultimately did not.

So what if he got there first? Tall people should stand in the back. Little people are entitled because they're wee and have to endure all sorts of horrible discrimination, like dwarf bowling. If the tall people stand in the front, little people can only see their collarbones! Who pays all that money just to see collarbones?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 7, 2013 08:23

On a side note, keep yourself hydrated in the heat. Fainting is no joke; you can hurt yourself if you fall. Voice of experience here.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 7, 2013 08:24

Little people?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 7, 2013 08:36

A fight's not a real fight unless someone's spitting teeth. Did anyone spit teeth?

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 09:55

Slightly off-topic, but fights can kick off anywhere!

The beautiful game?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 10:35

I was about the 5th row from the front in tier 3, myself and a few others had been waiting there all day then some tosser decides to push in, the bloke next to me grabbed him by the scruff then pushed him away.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 7, 2013 10:43

lmatth8461
Slightly off-topic, but fights can kick off anywhere!

The beautiful game?

Oh no they can't. Outside now! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 7, 2013 11:02

Green Lady
The Worst.

You must have been quite near me - lots of people fainting. I missed quite a lot of YCAGWYW because a lady fainted and had to be lifted out over the barrier right next to me. Security all went tearing off down to the far end of the barrier in mid-show so there obviously was some kind of ruckus down there.

Beast and I were right on the catwalk barrier about 3 yards out from the stage, and at one point there was like a never-ending procession of people being brought out by security and ambulance crews in "varying states of disrepair", including one bloke who had a ghostly pale white complexion and was actually fully immobilised in a stretcher. He was being taken out by St John's ambulance. Then there were various people who were walking, but only just ......... it looked like the heat and possibly the crush had got the better of them.

It only began to get really tightly packed in Tier 1 (especially towards that little front "corner" tucked in against the front of the stage and the catwalk) about half an hour before the Stones came on when there was the usual "surge", but even then it wasn't TOO bad. I've personally been in far worse. Don't know what Tiers 2 & 3 were like, anyone ?????????????

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 11:03 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 7, 2013 13:10

In these weather conditions they shouldn't be allowed to let people get in too many hours before the gig. Otherwise the sun will take its toll on you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 13:26 by Stoneage.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: July 7, 2013 14:37

They don't want you to buy your beers elsewhere : that's why no drinks or food are allowed inside. It's all about the money, that's why they let you in early...
Were foods and drinks expensive and easy to get ?

A pity by the way that the toilets broke down, especially if you paid 100 pound extra for flushing toilets....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 7, 2013 14:47

ALL the toilets were flush ones, whether you paid £100 extra or not. Very civilised for a festival, and not much of a queue at the Ladies ones behind the stage, either.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: July 7, 2013 14:55

Yes very civilised indeed. But asking 100 pound extra ( and not to everyone ! ) is a bit less civilised.....
So , at least a 100 pound ticket, then 50 pounds for beer and food, and then another 100 pounds to piss the beer out, again .
I'm happy with my local pub winking smiley

By the way , does Ronnie only have 2 t-shirts , of which one is very childish ? The painted one is cool, though....

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 15:29

Green Lady
ALL the toilets were flush ones, whether you paid £100 extra or not. Very civilised for a festival, and not much of a queue at the Ladies ones behind the stage, either.

I agree, what a joke, "festival-goers will have a unique experience with proper toilets".... I guess Rob Hallett meant ending up at 4 peeing in a 2m long green plastic box...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 7, 2013 15:41

There was a pretty nasty fight at the Newcastle 1982 gig. A load of female bikers decided to turn on each other. Massive area cleared and everybody stood and watched them. Fortunatly they were so drunk that it ended up more like mud wrestling. No stewards or police to be seen. Other than that I've never seen any trouble at a Stones gig. Apparently a few people got a punch at Glastonbury for pushing through the crowd late on - quite acceptable in my opinion.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 7, 2013 16:25

beepee2
Some fight started in Tier2 and started to involve quite a bit of people trying to immobilize some guy and his very vicious wife, me and my friend got involved, i'm surprised no security intervened (maybe it's good, I'd have been kicked out too, probably), have you seen fights becoming serious enough to stop the gig ? It started during Gimme Shelter, and when I went back to look at the stage i thought "oh it's still going on they're playing JJF now" - i missed half of it yawning smiley

Someone, who starts a fight during a Stones concert, that someone can't be a true Rolling Stones fan!! That's a big shame, that some jerks go to a Stones concert!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 7, 2013 16:25

Bastion

- Sounds ugly...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home