Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

GUITAR: i want to learn guitar which guitar i have to buy please give suggestions i am a good singer which course is useful for me
Posted by: boin ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:22

PLS///

Re: GUITAR: i want to learn guitar which guitar i have to buy please give suggestions i am a good singer which course is useful for me
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:22

STOP POSTING

Re: GUITAR: i want to learn guitar which guitar i have to buy please give suggestions i am a good singer which course is useful for me
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:23

ok, who gave their kid the password to their computer?

Date: July 4, 2013 16:26

WHAT ..I DIDNT UNDERSTAND

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:28

boin
PLS///

If you live in the states, go to a store like Guitar center where they have a wall full of hundreds of guitars... or maybe they have these types of stores everywhere.

Start trying out guitars, putting them on, wrapping you hand around the neck, see what feels good to you. In the long run, if you keep playing you will own many guitars, so it is less important which guitar is your first, and more important that you get going, learning how to play.

Buy a guitar, get it set up properly and start learning.... later you can figure which is the exact best guitar for you. For now ...just do it.... maybe borrow one from someone.

Date: July 4, 2013 16:29

By a reasonable cheap acoustic guitar (a Washburn, perhaps?), and stick with it till you can play just about anything. Then, buy an electric guitar.

Good luck thumbs up

Date: July 4, 2013 16:29

THANK U SOMUCH BRO...

Date: July 4, 2013 16:30

thank u a lot...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:33

Beginners acoustic.

This one:

Vintage V300

Very cheap, extremely cheerful.

Date: July 4, 2013 16:33

Thanks for the FB-like, mate thumbs up

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:35

boin
thank u a lot...

Wow seriously? You couldn't answer something as simple as that yourself?

Good god...

Date: July 4, 2013 16:35

i am unable tom send friend request can u...

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:37

Why don't you buy this book?

getlost

boin
THANK U SOMUCH BRO...

smileys with beer

Be aware that different guitars maker have different length necks, you may not even know what that means, but you should learn. Fenders versus Gibson scale lengths.... look it all up [www.ultimate-guitar.com]

[www.google.com]

Be sure to type your questions into Youtube.... there is TONS of good info here.

And be ready for the first time you ever play "your favorite" riff on your own, it is one the coolest things you will ever do.

e.g. doing the end "pull off" on this one never fails to bring me smile

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 16:59 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:41

I suspect Jeff Beck having his first day off. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 4, 2013 16:46

I looked up how to pick a guitar... but meant how to choose a guitar... Funny enough both are good (but different) questions.... maybe not the best videos (I didnt even weatch them, give a try, if they suck look for more, there are many mnay many other youtube videos, some are awesome, some not so much. Once again look for what works for you.

How to pick....

How to choose...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:55

While we're on the subject, any thoughts from you guitar guys about Lag's?

Just bought my son the Tramontane T200D for his birthday. Didn't have much time to shop, so I went with the recommendation from his guitar teacher.

It's beautiful and moderately priced, hope it was a good choice.

Date: July 4, 2013 17:03

Haven't played them, latebloomer..

Date: July 4, 2013 17:07

latebloomer

Just bought my son the Tramontane T200D for his birthday. Didn't have much time to shop, so I went with the recommendation from his guitar teacher.

Im sorry LB, I dont know what a lag is...
except they always say dont lag behind, so I dont.

You cant go wrong buying what the teacher suggests.
Youre such a good Mom to buy your son a guiatr... you are awesome.

PS
Personally, I think starting with electric is better than starting with accoustic, I mean, dont we all wanna FKGROCK!!! Cheap electrics are cheap, and amps do not have to be that big... but I know there are many opinions on this.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:17

Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer

PS
Personally, I think starting with electric is better than starting with accoustic, I mean, dont we all wanna FKGROCK!!! Cheap electrics are cheap, and amps do not have to be that big... but I know there are many opinions on this.

Bit lighter action on electrics generally, so easier to play if you're a beginner.

Date: July 4, 2013 17:21

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer

PS

Bit lighter action on electrics generally, so easier to play if you're a beginner.
eggzactly... and with a somewhat inexpensive varied effects box one can make all sorts of cool sounds.... although.... I know, I know, beginners should not rely too much on an effects box.... but they sure are are fun...

And remember practice does not make perfect. PERFECT PRACTICE makes perfect.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:22

Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer

PS

Max, you are so sweet, but it's really for selfish reasons. I've always spent money on music and musical instruments before anything else. When I moved up to DC, I bought a small piano before I bought a decent car. We have two piano's, plus a clarinet, bass clarinet, and three guitars.

My kids know I'm a soft touch when it comes to music...the tradeoff is they have to listen to what I like!

As for electric, we do have an pink Austin that my younger daughter convinced me to buy. My son uses it now, quite proudly as he's the only boy around with a pink guitar. We are waiting on a new neck to arrive, which will improve the sound.

Date: July 4, 2013 17:29

latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer

PS

Max, you are so sweet, but it's really for selfish reasons. I've always spent money on music and musical instruments before anything else. When I moved up to DC, I bought a small piano before I bought a decent car. We have two piano's, plus a clarinet, bass clarinet, and three guitars.

My kids know I'm a soft touch when it comes to music...the tradeoff is they have to listen to what I like!

As for electric, we do have an pink Austin that my younger daughter convinced me to buy. My son uses it now, quite proudly as he's the only boy around with a pink guitar. We are waiting on a new neck to arrive, which will improve the sound.

THAT IS AWESOME!!! really smileys with beer

Remember having a pro set up any music instrument,
esp setting up a guitar, is very very important to sounding good.

Using an electronic tuner, every 12th fretted (holding down on the 12th fret) string should read/be the EXACT same note as the string plucked open (not holding any fret) If it is not, it needs to be set up. It only cost $20-40 and only takes 20 minutes at most shops... and will make one sound better.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:39

As Max mentioned earlier, GET SOMEONE TO SET IT UP!!! It may be the most important part. I have seen $5000 guitars, come from the factory, in terrible playing condition. Generally, guitar manufacturers have a tech, but they usually blow through, tune it and that's about it. There are many minute adjustments that need made in order for it to play and sound correct. My suggestion is find a fairly cheap guitar you like. If at all possible find out who can set it up for you and take them to look at it, some things are deal breakers, and he would know. As for playing, if you hold the thing for 15-30 minutes every day, and work on whatever, you will likely amaze yourself.....good luck!

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:24

One I would consider, especially if you have about US$419 to spend, would be the Seagull S6. It is made in Canada, rather than China. Some consider it to be the best guitar made for under US$1000 dollars. Other consider it to be the best guitar made for under US$500. At any rate, no matter who reviews it, the reviews are always good. It plays very loud for an acoustic. Check out their webpage below, and use Google for further info and reviews.

I found it for US$419 on USA Amzazon.com, and at Guitar Center.

SeaGull Guitars: Click Here >>> [www.seagullguitars.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home