Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Train Is Renovating In The Station
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 3, 2013 17:22

THE TRAIN IS RENOVATIN' IN THE STATION...

....................................Love

In

Vain....................................

Love In Vain

Well I followed her to the station
With a suitcase in my hand
Yeah, I followed her to the station
With a suitcase in my hand
Whoa, it's hard to tell, it's hard to tell
When all your love's in vain

When the train come in the station
I looked her in the eye
Well the train come in the station
And I looked her in the eye
Whoa, I felt so sad so lonesome
That I could not help but cry

When the train left the station
It had two lights on behind
Yeah, when the train left the station
It had two lights on behind
Whoa, the blue light was my baby
And the red light was my mind

All my love's in vain
All my love's in vain

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-12 19:07 by schillid.

Re: Do You Think They'll Play "Love In Vain" With MICK TAYLOR at either Hyde Park Show ... ?
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 17:28

That's what we need with Taylor!!!!!!!!!!
Would be far better then CYHMK.
Just remember those '69 or '72 gigs!

Re: Do You Think They'll Play "Love In Vain" With MICK TAYLOR at either Hyde Park Show ... ?
Posted by: Oveinvain ()
Date: July 3, 2013 17:53

Yes we need "Love in vain" in the park.

Please please please.... play it for us!

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 3, 2013 18:06

I would suggest the following setlist (incl. Love In Vain):

I'm Yours & I'm Hers
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Mercy Mercy
Down Home Girl
Stray Cat Blues
No Expectations
I'm Free
Loving Cup
Love in Vain
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Women
Midnight Rambler
Street Fighting Man
Sympathy for the Devil

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 18:11

Would be the very best setlist I can imagine.

Come on Mick!

Meise

I would suggest the following setlist (incl. Love In Vain):

I'm Yours & I'm Hers
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Mercy Mercy
Down Home Girl
Stray Cat Blues
No Expectations
I'm Free
Loving Cup
Love in Vain
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Women
Midnight Rambler
Street Fighting Man
Sympathy for the Devil

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 3, 2013 19:17

If they didn't play it ONE LOUSY TIME in the USA, they had better not do it now!

Date: July 3, 2013 19:45

But they did play it one time in the USA this tour.

Date: July 3, 2013 20:17

Yes!

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: July 3, 2013 20:18

I hope so...

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 3, 2013 20:50

I've been waiting for a video of this the entire tour. (Since none have surfaced from Echoplex).

My dream rendition would be with an added solo by Ronnie on mando reprising Ry Cooder's solo from the studio version, but I regress I'm daydreaming...

Date: July 3, 2013 20:51

That would have been WAY cool!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 20:56

Would love if they did.

When the train left the station....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 3, 2013 21:04

Unfortunately (for us and the band) I think Sir Mick is perversely determined NOT to give us what we want with regard to Mr. Taylor.

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: July 3, 2013 23:32

I would love a setlist like this:

JUMPING JACK FLASH
PAINT IT BLACK
GIMME SHELTER
LOVING CUP
NO EXPECTATIONS
STRAY CAT BLUES
DOOM + GLOOM
WEBVOTE SONG
DEAD FLOWERS
LOVE IN VAIN - MICK TAYLOR
KEITH YOU GOT THE SILVER
LITTLE T+A
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER - MICK TAYLOR
START ME UP
SWEET VIRGINIA
JIGSAW PUZZLE
STREET FIGHTING MAN

ENCORE
SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
YOU CANT ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 4, 2013 00:40

I think we are more likely to get In Another Land with Bill Wyman than Love IN Vain with Mick Taylor.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 00:41

With the 90 minutes that they are timetable to play, we'll be lucky to get anything but the warhorse run!

Posted by: TheKamanick ()
Date: July 4, 2013 00:44

Rollin92
With the 90 minutes that they are timetable to play, we'll be lucky to get anything but the warhorse run!

I'm predicting the setlist:

GOTMC
Gimme Shelter
[Rigged by request song]
Honky Tonk Women
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy for the Devil

You Can't Always Get What You Want
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Satisfaction

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 4, 2013 00:58

man i hope so...that would be beyond belief.they may use taylor more for these shows.he's come full cirlce now,this is where he made his live debut with them after all.

they are alloted a certain amount of time to play,90 minutes?

they can do alot in 90 minutes,get ready.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 4, 2013 01:01

I KNOW Schillid, I was THERE in 1972!! I have been waiting ever since...but I did see the Stones in 1999 in Hartford perform it but of course, not with MT.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 4, 2013 01:01

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 4, 2013 01:22

it's always a good time to be reminded of robert johnson.

i put the odds of love in vain being played at hyde park at 4.3%

Date: July 4, 2013 01:28

mickschix
I was THERE in 1972

you & me both

Date: July 4, 2013 01:32

71Tele
I think we are more likely to get In Another Land with Bill Wyman than Love IN Vain with Mick Taylor.

that's funny. and, sadly, true. love in vain on ya-ya's is my favorite taylor performance.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 4, 2013 01:49

mickschix
If they didn't play it ONE LOUSY TIME in the USA, they had better not do it now!

They did, actually, but you probably couldn't afford the $20 ticket for the Echoplex in LA--after you factor in plane tickets round trip, hotel, meals, etc.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 4, 2013 01:57

I was hoping they might do something like LIV for Hyde Park--they must have realized that CYHMK didn't really work at Glasto, being that crowds thinned a bit for concession runs, etc., what with the long guitar playout not being the non-Stones-fans' cup of tea, so perhaps LIV would work better for the festival crowd if they want to bring Taylor in for the extra number.... then again, this will be more of a Stones audience as ticket buyers know who's headlining when they purchase their tickets....

....except that the Web fan vote doesn't have LIV included as among the Hyde Park choices. So, for that interchangeable part of the set, it doesn't look like it will happen. Who knows, they could surprise us nonetheless.

But I think they pulled LIV out because it worked well in a club setting. I think a ballad might not work as well in such a huge outdoor festival setting--notice how the Hyde Park Web vote choice features mostly blistering up-tempo numbers, no ballads.

So I guess we shouldn't expect LIV for Hyde Park, that way we won't be disappointed when they don't play it.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 01:59

The Stones slot is an unreasonably short 90 minutes, Mick Taylor will only be reeled out for Midnight Rambler.

Date: July 4, 2013 02:01

stonehearted
I was hoping they might do something like LIV for Hyde Park--they must have realized that CYHMK didn't really work at Glasto, being that crowds thinned a bit for concession runs, etc., what with the long guitar playout not being the non-Stones-fans' cup of tea, so perhaps LIV would work better for the festival crowd if they want to bring Taylor in for the extra number.... then again, this will be more of a Stones audience as ticket buyers know who's headlining when they purchase their tickets....

....except that the Web fan vote doesn't have LIV included as among the Hyde Park choices. So, for that interchangeable part of the set, it doesn't look like it will happen. Who knows, they could surprise us nonetheless.

But I think they pulled LIV out because it worked well in a club setting. I think a ballad might not work as well in such a huge outdoor festival setting--notice how the Hyde Park Web vote choice features mostly blistering up-tempo numbers, no ballads.

So I guess we shouldn't expect LIV for Hyde Park, that way we won't be disappointed when they don't play it.

stop breaking down would be cool.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 4, 2013 04:55

lem motlow
they are alloted a certain amount of time to play,90 minutes?

they can do alot in 90 minutes,get ready.

90 minutes

Midnight Rambler 12 minutes
Can't You Hear Me Knocking 12 minutes
Satisfaction 8 minutes
Brown Sugar 6 minutes
Sympathy 7 minutes
You Can't Always Get What You Want 7 minutes
Keith Set 10 minutes
Band Introduction 3 minutes
Inbetween Song Breaks 5 minutes
= 70 minutes

20 minutes left!

I would not expect any miracles!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 04:57 by alimente.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 4, 2013 05:37

sonomastone
71Tele

that's funny. and, sadly, true. love in vain on ya-ya's is my favorite taylor performance.

Toss up with Gomper.

Date: July 4, 2013 05:52

I don't know, but what I do know is, that they will be "in tune" this time around.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home