Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

best tour since 89
Posted by: tattoome ()
Date: April 2, 2005 09:50

for me the licks tour.
what do you think?

Re: best tour since 89
Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: April 2, 2005 13:14

Hard to tell cause I didn't experience any other:-) Rather:-(
But Licks was awesome, maybe not musially always that great as the previous ones, but it's simply natural. The older they are, the bigger respect one should have for them that they still want to tour. Definitely it was best for the lucky fans who got to a club show. And they also looked best - don't mean their faces, but the clothes. They get really elegant with age, esp. Mick of course. And still have it.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 3, 2005 00:23

I experienced Vodoo and Licks (Bridges I wento to the venue olly once, but the concert had been canceled): I still rate Licks highter, but Vodoo Lounge had probably a more spectacular attitude. As far as clothes are concerned, I think Bridges To Babylon is the best (I mean...keith's tigered coat during Satisfaction!).

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 3, 2005 00:40

I thought the VL tour was superior. VL was a great album. The stage was unbelievable....the sound was great. I saw 6 shows of the VL tour and I loved everyone of them. It will always be hard to top the SW stage becuase there was nothing like it before. It was so groundbreaking!

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: April 3, 2005 01:15

VDL, Bridges, No Security, Licks all equal, all excellent. The best tour would be to take the combined set list played at these four, drop the stupid covers like Love Train, and do only the songs from LP releases in 1964 - 1978. From 1979 - 2005 they could toss in One Hit (to the Body), Undercover of the Night, Start Me Up, and maybe one or two more.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: April 3, 2005 02:29

LICKS TOUR because of the best set lists.some very rare songs

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: April 3, 2005 02:30

Voodoo Lounge was great..they were still very much up for it, and full of surprises.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 3, 2005 03:30

Buckle down, store your rations for new album and tour will tower over them all.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 3, 2005 06:21

Quote Rockman.

Posted by: Jason P. ()
Date: April 4, 2005 01:49

There hasn't been a "best tour since 1989".
Although the 1990 tour was a close contender.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 4, 2005 13:16

Voodoo Lounge all the way for me (although I didn't see them in 89/90). The sound was better and they played better than during the Licks or BTB shows.

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: April 4, 2005 15:16

Best tour since SW -Voodoo Lounge

Best show- Jan 18th , 1998- MSG

Posted by: LE PAUL JAGGER ()
Date: April 4, 2005 15:26

I think it's the European tour 95 .
You know i'm only 23 years old BUT i saw every tour since the urban jungle tour.
Only french show.
The band play strong and powerfull;
The must was in the olympia in 1995. What a version of Midnight ramblerĀ§!!!!

Posted by: eric ()
Date: April 4, 2005 15:27

Good question- All the tours were great, no doubt. But IMHO I think the NO-SECURITY tour was the best... for 2 reasons.. one it was the first time in a long time the band went indoors in arenas in a while and second the setlist was great.... some girls, you got the silver, fool to cry, off of my cloud ( PHILLY WAS FIRST FOR THIS ONE ), Moonlight Mile...plus a with the newer songs ... this made the warhorses so much more enjoyable.

Date: April 4, 2005 16:06

VL without a doubt. It was even better than the Urban Jungle-tour. Even though Ronnie's playing was better on UJ.

The setlist on VL was great!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 4, 2005 16:16

I've no doubt that the No Security tour was brilliant. However, in Europe we didn't get it.

In the UK we got the postponed (by 1 year) BTB shows in Stadiums.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 4, 2005 16:22

No Security was indeed brilliant and intimate. But the best tour since SW/UJ is in my opinion Voodoo Lounge.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 4, 2005 17:59

I have to say I loved them all. Plus I was very lucky, because all the shows I saw, at every tour, were also very very well played (was listening the other day to a sb recording of stuttgart 99 - what a killer!!!). Probably Licks had the best song selection. I also appreciated the more sober stage and costumes. On the other hand 90 was the first (and you never forget the first), VL means Paris (one of the best shows I've seen) and lots of rain, B2B followed a CD that I loved.

C

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 4, 2005 19:14

agree %100 with bobm

Date: April 5, 2005 16:55

Voodoo Lounge without a doubt. That was the only real rock & roll tour of the last 2 decennia. Licks was IMO rather weak; yes, they played rarities, but didn't play them too well. Ronnie especially was awesome on that tour. He kind of lost it ever since. I must confess I didn't see No Security.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 5, 2005 20:08

Agree with the VDL tour.Good songs, good guitars, good dancing by Micks. I've seen every tour since 78. The '78 tour was the tour I like the most (that I've seen live) because the Stones were still freaks and behaving badly.

Keith of course is completely straight

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: April 5, 2005 20:22

Have to agree with all the Voodoo votes.

1. Voodoo Lounge
2. Steel Wheels
3. Licks
4. No Security
5. Bridges to Babylon

No Security could have ranked higher except we got a sub par performance in Toronto due to illness in the band (show almost postponed). Ticket prices were also ridiculous. Boy, instead of that surprise gig they always play here I would love to see them play Massey Hall, but then again I probably couldn't afford it anyway.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 5, 2005 20:28

All around experience...?

40 LICKS...easily the best. Voodoo Lounge was great, especially the stage setting, but the trinity of venues (stadium/arena/theater) for 40 Licks made this superior. When else can you see a band in 3 different environments in the same city? Never. It's never been done before , and will never be repeated again by any band. I'm surprised U2 didn't steal the idea like the've stolen everything else.

It will be interesting to see what the Stones can conjure up this next time around that will top the 40 Licks tour. You can always count on the Stones to rise to the occasion and this next one will be the best, I'm pretty sure about that.

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: April 6, 2005 11:24

To Liddas:

FYI, your Stuttgart sb is actually a gem of an audience recording, not a soundboard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home