Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Memory Motel-Only One Time This Tour?
Date: June 24, 2013 17:52

It was great hearing this one with Keith so strong on vocals at the 6/14 Boston show. So far no repeats on it and DC 6/24 is the last on this US tour leg. Great song, I had forgotten how strong the vocals and lyrics were.

What is the odds it will stay on the one hits wonder list for this tour?

Mike

Re: Memory Motel-Only One Time This Tour?
Date: June 25, 2013 16:02

Well 6/24 is in the books so the lucky ducks include me and my wife got the only performance of Memory Motel, 6/14 Boston. Speaking of ducks anybody that went to Boston notice the number of duck boats driving around on the streets giving tours? Enough to repeat WWII I would think.

Mike

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:05

Yes, I was one of the lucky ones to be at that Boston show but I sure would have loved CYHMK too! I AM greedy but I think that with MT in the line-up, it was a SIN not to have him play EVERY NIGHT on this song! ( and for what I paid for tix, I feel I deserved a few more deep cuts!)

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:23

In case you want to re-live the moment or for those who were not there:

Date: June 25, 2013 19:36

Thanks Steverogan. I don't get why they'd actually cut a song from the set list instead of adding songs as they go along. Just glad the Boston shows were rather long and very high-energy sets. You never know what you'll get at a Stones show...guess that's part of the fun!

Date: June 25, 2013 21:21

mickschix
Yes, I was one of the lucky ones to be at that Boston show but I sure would have loved CYHMK too! I AM greedy but I think that with MT in the line-up, it was a SIN not to have him play EVERY NIGHT on this song! ( and for what I paid for tix, I feel I deserved a few more deep cuts!)

Agreed. I was greedy and wanted CYHMK as well to make it my perfect Stones night. They had my other all-time favorites in the set.

Mike

Date: June 26, 2013 01:42

I just read something disturbing about MT seeming out of it before he came on to play Satisfaction....it's a thread here on IORR...I'll have to look up the name of that thread but the gist of it says MT seems disoriented, and came on late to join in the finale....they said they didn't think he was drunk, just not too coherent..so that may be why they cut a song from the D.C. set list....it may be they intended MT to play on CYHMK..

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:02

mickschix

Was that you throwing your bra on stage in protest? eye popping smiley

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:13

If that was the only time they play Memory Motel on this tour, it'd be ok with me. They did it beautifully.

Date: June 26, 2013 16:58

spsimmons
If that was the only time they play Memory Motel on this tour, it'd be ok with me. They did it beautifully.

Agreedsmileys with beer

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: June 26, 2013 17:33

mickschix
I just read something disturbing about MT seeming out of it before he came on to play Satisfaction....it's a thread here on IORR...I'll have to look up the name of that thread but the gist of it says MT seems disoriented, and came on late to join in the finale....they said they didn't think he was drunk, just not too coherent..so that may be why they cut a song from the D.C. set list....it may be they intended MT to play on CYHMK..

During the first Boston show, Mick T stayed behind Charlies drum kit because he was bitching about his monitor. That man has a lot of quirks with regard to his equipment. I saw his solo gig a couple years ago in Northampton and same thing he was blowing a gasket about the monitor.

Date: June 26, 2013 17:42

LSTNT, I was watching MT behind the drumkit on June 12th and wondered what was going on...so, are you thinking that he looked disoriented because he was upset about his monitor? That would actually be a relief, rather than thinking he might have been over-using some substance!

Date: June 27, 2013 20:04

mickschix
LSTNT, I was watching MT behind the drumkit on June 12th and wondered what was going on...so, are you thinking that he looked disoriented because he was upset about his monitor? That would actually be a relief, rather than thinking he might have been over-using some substance!
Yeah,maybe over-using some substance like food...

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: July 6, 2013 00:42

mickschix

He was upset about his monitor either being too low in the mix or off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home