Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: I cringed when Keef said at Philly #2: "It's good to be here, good to be anywhere"
Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 25, 2013 04:54

RollingFreak said:

"Either way, Philly 2 he seemed like he was going to cry from the ovation he got. Really long applause from the crowd and Keith was just drinking it all in. You could see the admiration in his face that people still really care about him so much."

I have seen that same reaction from him at other shows before too and I don't think that he's play acting, I think he really does appreciate the obvious love he gets from the crowds and tries to return it the best way he can.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Re: Keith: "It's good to be here, good to be anywhere"
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 25, 2013 04:54

Whoever is feeding him his lines needs to change them,what a fu--g cliche....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: June 25, 2013 06:27

schillid
I cringed when Keef said at Philly #2: "It's good to be here, good to be anywhere"

it's so cliche for him to say

I think maybe he keeps saying that because it's nerves. After all, he is shy.

Re: Keith: It's good to be here, good to be anywhere
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 25, 2013 06:45

stonesrule
I know him.
what, you cut his grass or something? Tell us about what he was like before the drugs.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 25, 2013 07:00

There are several people here who clearly do know members of the band personally on more than a cutting-the-grass level, and they must find our endless pop-psychology and tabloid speculation either very funny or very wearing or both. And the last thing they are going to do is kiss-and-tell for the benefit of our vulgar curiosity. I enjoy a good bit of fantasy and speculation as much as the next iorr-ean, but that's all it is, and I'm not surprised that stonesrule feels the need to tell us so once in a while.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 25, 2013 07:02

Rokyfan
stonesrule
I know him.
what, you cut his grass or something? Tell us about what he was like before the drugs.

Biblically?

Date: June 25, 2013 09:55

Green Lady
There are several people here who clearly do know members of the band personally on more than a cutting-the-grass level, and they must find our endless pop-psychology and tabloid speculation either very funny or very wearing or both. And the last thing they are going to do is kiss-and-tell for the benefit of our vulgar curiosity. I enjoy a good bit of fantasy and speculation as much as the next iorr-ean, but that's all it is, and I'm not surprised that stonesrule feels the need to tell us so once in a while.

I agree, but I guess that's the price - for a friend of the band - to pay, hanging out on a fan board? smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2013 10:02

Dreamer
I don't see proudmary 'endless shooting at Richards'. Or Keith-bashing. She has interesting and carefully balanced opinions about lots of subjects including KR or MJ. I do see you constantly react to anyone suggesting KR might not be such a great pirate and R&R hero as you keep believing...or whatever you are defending.

Read again:
The problem is that Richards completely turned in his image -Keef the pirate - and now only plays up to this image. We have not seen a real person for a long time now. Charlie said - and I believe him - that Richards was nothing like his image.
I think at first KR invented the character Keef as his double to hide behind it from the public eye. Richards almost never reveals his true self - either in his lyrics or in interviews or in his book - it's all about that imaginary character, his Doppelganger - all these myths, stories, jokes on behalf of that other guy
But as a result this imaginary persona seized power over him 'cos public likes the image so much that let them to see real Richards with real feelings and doubts too frightening now - the public may not like it
look what happened to Mick when he tried to get rid of his image.

but now it seems he himself can not distinguish where the character ends and the real him begins

Why do serious opinions like this always wake your fanaticism?
So when you are asking can we all PLEASE try to be a bit more nuanced in the criticism perhaps? is really unbelievable: practice what you preach.

And about MJ & KR 'smoke the peace pipe'? Was that after the "I would lie to my mother" interview??
Working situations and working deals are really something else: keep in mind that KR always agreed with RS decisions made/pre cooked by MJ...always.
Only thing happened; KR apologising to MJ and KR more or less admitting he lied with that/was not sincere and...that just makes it harder for MJ to decide to keep counting after 50.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised that this is coming from you.

This is ONE out of MANY posts. Add them together and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The sad thing is that you already know this.

The "I'd lie to my mother-thing" is a classic Keith-act to the press. I'm surprised you didn't know that - as an insider.

It's also very unprofessional for an insider to take sides on a fan board, imo. You should really be nicer to the hand that fed you...

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 10:10

shut up schillid,really bothers you.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 25, 2013 11:17

I believe that Richards to the same extent as Stones as a whole and as each member of the band shall be subject to criticism and analysis. He is no different from others in this respect - no matter how hard it is for his fanatics to accept it.
A situation in which people pounce at you with a personal insults each time you say something about Richards and his myth they disagree with - this situation is unhealthy
My post is not Keith-bashing - I analyze and express my opinion on the basis of many interviews and printed words/ TV/radio of Richards and people who know him - first of all I mean Watts, Ronnie, Jagger, M.Faithfull, Pete Townshend and even Anita. As I see I'm not alone in this opinion, there are people who know Richards and the situation in the group and they agree with me.

Dandelion
I also think that you are an intelligent and serious person and I mostly agree with you on many aspects - except one. There is a group of people here who express little-concealed disgust on the verge of hatred to Jagger and they are not shy to voice it every day, on any occasion in hundreds of their posts (they are very active posters) and I'm not talking about many others who occasionally also offer their judgment about Mick's motives, desires, aspirations and personal qualities - but I have not seen even once you start to exhort them to "keeping this up even after Mick and Keith has smoked the peace pipe, and decided to work together - and doing so successfully - is NOT particularly intelligent IMO" - and blame them for the constant MJ vilification
This is a double standards in all its purity

This is message board and people share their views on all topics relating to the band. It's not always nice to read some of the opinions - well I can argue with them or ignore but I'm not trying to shut anyone's mouth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 11:21 by proudmary.

Date: June 25, 2013 12:01

proudmary
I believe that Richards to the same extent as Stones as a whole and as each member of the band shall be subject to criticism and analysis. He is no different from others in this respect - no matter how hard it is for his fanatics to accept it.
A situation in which people pounce at you with a personal insults each time you say something about Richards and his myth they disagree with - this situation is unhealthy
My post is not Keith-bashing - I analyze and express my opinion on the basis of many interviews and printed words/ TV/radio of Richards and people who know him - first of all I mean Watts, Ronnie, Jagger, M.Faithfull, Pete Townshend and even Anita. As I see I'm not alone in this opinion, there are people who know Richards and the situation in the group and they agree with me.

Dandelion
I also think that you are an intelligent and serious person and I mostly agree with you on many aspects - except one. There is a group of people here who express little-concealed disgust on the verge of hatred to Jagger and they are not shy to voice it every day, on any occasion in hundreds of their posts (they are very active posters) and I'm not talking about many others who occasionally also offer their judgment about Mick's motives, desires, aspirations and personal qualities - but I have not seen even once you start to exhort them to "keeping this up even after Mick and Keith has smoked the peace pipe, and decided to work together - and doing so successfully - is NOT particularly intelligent IMO" - and blame them for the constant MJ vilification
This is a double standards in all its purity

This is message board and people share their views on all topics relating to the band. It's not always nice to read some of the opinions - well I can argue with them or ignore but I'm not trying to shut anyone's mouth.

It's perfectly ok to analyse, even to bash someone occasionally, imo.

But what you're doing looks like a crusade against Richards. And I must say I really can't find the hatred against Jagger you are talking about here at IORR - where is it??

The only negative things I have read are related to WWIII, the solo albums, ticket prices or the lack of will to take risks.

But 99 percent of the fans here love, admire or even adore Mick Jagger, myself included. That's why I'm talking about nuances - maybe a more balanced criticism would be appropriate - instead of post # 2002 about Keith being a fake, demented, theories of Keith's main goal is a solo album, not the Stones etc.

Some of your points I find valid, but if you claim to be doing critical and analytical posts - you need to take it to the next level, imo.

This is just meant in a collegial way, and should not be taken as more than that.

PS: We are not robots, so of course we'll slip into the old routines from time to time - well, it's just my opinion anyway smiling smiley

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 25, 2013 12:13

regarding "constant MJ vilification" - i also haven't seen it. i know stonesrule posted a topic about it a week ago, and it quickly filled up with everyone giving supporting comments about MJ.

i am surprised that people have such trouble believing that keith is actually "happy to here, happy to be anywhere". it's such a simple statement, very zen in a lot of ways, truly amazing that it would be seen a fake or phony. but we're all entitled to our opinions. kind of sad to see people who claim to know him calling him a phony though.

Date: June 25, 2013 16:10

As DP said people are still debating Jagger's solo career or alleged romance with Anita during Performance and the harm they believe this caused the Stones. That is their right.
On the other hand, I think that what happened three years ago and continues today - I mean Richards's book, his interviews around the publication of Life and his last interviews ( in Rolling Stone, Mojo, Men's Journal - all about the same subject ) is now more relevant than the events of thirty/forty years ago.
Richards' remarks certainly damaged the band and Mick's reputation and continue to be potentially harmful to their future.
I believe that it is impossible to comprehend how it became possible for Richards to do this without having to understand the evolution of his public persona over last 25 years.

I admire Richards but I have a reservations about some issues that in the past few years seriously harmed Stones legacy and future. and I want to be able to express it without being attacked on a personal level.

Date: June 25, 2013 16:15

sonomastone
regarding "constant MJ vilification" - i also haven't seen it. i know stonesrule posted a topic about it a week ago, and it quickly filled up with everyone giving supporting comments about MJ.

Of course people appreciate, love and revere Jagger - how could it be otherwise if we're talking about Stones fans. However, there are people who think differently and they have the freedom to express their opinion - different from the opinion of the majority - without having to be accused of "constant MJ vilification" - that's what I mean

and I want this freedom for myself and others who want to dig deeper in "Keef myth"

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:16

It's not a big deal...
I only meant that I thought Keith's phrase sounded cliche.
However he really did seem happy to be there.

Philly #2 was fantastic! In part thanks to KR...
I was happy to be there...

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:31

Oh, you know how it is when someone thinks their favorite Stone is being vilified. They feel they have to jump in , both barrels blazing. I'm glad that they are still able to tour and enjoy it (I think), 50 years on. Here's hoping for more!

Date: June 25, 2013 17:04

For those interested ...

The temporary disappearance and later re-appearance of this thread has nothing to do with the moderator's practice of deleting and merging threads at his discretion.

This time it was at *my* discretion. As soon as people start attacking someone for making a minor personal observation, then I feel it's probably time to make the thread seem to disappear. Which is very easy to do for any thread, if you are the OP. Just edit the subject of the thread so no one will bother to read it or find the thread anymore, like "." or "some girls guitar playing question" or "how do I uplaoding vidoes to youtube". You get the idea.

That's all I did yesterday... then I changed it back. Later today I'll make the thread disappear again.
Next lesson: how to edit a post without it reading "Edited nn times by ......"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 17:13 by schillid.

Date: June 25, 2013 17:11

I noticed that, schillid - very clever smiling smiley

It was named "Somegirlstattooyouemotionalrescue" or something for a while, right?

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 25, 2013 17:14

The "I'd lie to my mother-thing" is a classic Keith-act to the press. I'm surprised you didn't know that - as an insider.

Classical for the last 25 years or so; proudmary is right because before that he certainly was not like that, not like 'him' all the time.
But apart from that; it's again 'just' something that didn't make MJ happy. Again and again and again and again. That's a point lots of people are missing but I'm glad proudmary mentions it too. You know, making an insult of an apology might seem cool for fans of our pirate R&R hero but imagine you are the receiver while you're constantly doing your best to keep the band alive and the whole circus working (not just the rehearsing and 'getting together'), the entire business...
I said a couple of times; I'm no longer an insider and call myself an outsider. Sometimes or when at shows like this year I hear & see things. I shake all their hands when I see them and they respect opinions not the same as theirs; and they like it when you're honest about what you think & feel... And there are no sides really, like I said: Working situations and working deals are really something else: keep in mind that KR always agreed with RS decisions made/pre cooked by MJ...always.
Having an opinion about someone like KR keeps talking about MJ is something else and it might have a serious effect for the future; I said before 'see them while you still can'...
And my backstage impression from the seven CA & NV shows I saw: the most interesting interviews in the near future will be the ones with MT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 17:17 by Dreamer.

Date: June 25, 2013 17:20

Jeez... it's about that time again

Date: June 25, 2013 17:42

The moderator made the very first edit, in fact. Originally, the subject was: "I Cringed When Keef Said 'It's Good To Be Here, Good to be Anywhere' " The moderator changed the subect line to read "Keith: 'It's good to be here, good to be anywhere' "

Not that I was criticizing Keith personally, and even inviting more criticism of him. I just said that I was tired of his old joke... Otherwise the show was grrreat and he performed Grrreat. I think it would have been clearer from the thread's title what I meant if it had not been changed by the moderator.

Let see if this thread just dies please...

One last thing I want to say: Thank you Keith.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 25, 2013 17:49

schillid
The moderator made the very first edit, in fact. Originally, the subject was: "I Cringed When Keef Said 'It's Good To Be Here, Good to be Anywhere' " The moderator changed the subect line to read "Keith: 'It's good to be here, good to be anywhere' "

Not that I was criticizing Keith personally, and even inviting more criticism of him. I just said that I was tired of his old joke... Otherwise the show was grrreat and he performed Grrreat. I think it would have been clearer from the thread's title what I meant if it had not been changed by the moderator.

Let see if this thread just dies please...

One last thing I want to say: Thank you Keith.

Threads don't die...they just fade away...and don't dare bring them back!

Re: Unimportant information that No One Really Cares About
Date: June 25, 2013 18:53

really unimportant information that No One Really Cares About with more than 2000 views and more than 80 post for one day

it's like at the meetings of the Politburo - all members of the gang have to think alike, no one can object to the general line, the lack of enthusiasm for the policy of the party is punishable - but most important is the blind worship, the cult of personality. All have to shout "Thank you Comrade Lenin" so loudly that no a single thought was left in one's head

Re: some playing guitarsits question
Date: June 25, 2013 19:33

schillid
I cringed when Keef said at Philly #2: "It's good to be here, good to be anywhere"

it's so cliche for him to say

schillid, how do you edit your post without this line at the bottom saying Edited for X times Last time at 00.00.00?
btw, when I pressed the Quote this message button your OP became visible

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 19:37 by proudmary.

Re: some playing guitarsits question
Date: June 26, 2013 17:57

proudmary
schillid, how do you edit your post without this line at the bottom saying Edited for X times Last time at 00.00.00?

I could tell you, but I'd probably get banned.

Edited 6,784 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 07:37PM by schillid.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home