Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
some playing guitarsits question
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:24

I cringed when Keef said at Philly #2: "It's good to be here, good to be anywhere"

it's so cliche for him to say

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 19:08 by schillid.

Re: I cringed when Keef said at Philly #2: "It's good to be here, good to be anywhere"
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:33

maybe it's actually how he feels.

Re: I cringed when Keef said at Philly #2: "It's good to be here, good to be anywhere"
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:36

Since he's worked on a solo album and brought one very familiar tune to the Fifty Licks session, well of course he's gonna retread what he's already treaded...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:41

He said himself that he always says that. I'm sure he thinks of it more as a sort of trademark than a cliche. He probably thinks we'd be disappointed if he didn't say it!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:46

Aquamarine
He said himself that he always says that. I'm sure he thinks of it more as a sort of trademark than a cliche. He probably thinks we'd be disappointed if he didn't say it!

He's said himself that he always says that so that's what he says - except not always. He really needs to clarify these things, because he doens't always say it. He should really say what he wants to say when he says it if he's going to say it but he shouldn't say he always says it when he doesn't always say it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2013 07:11

....those early teleprompters are a sealed unit... ya can't adjust 'em

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 24, 2013 07:29

He has never been a good public speaker. He's basically a very shy person. I guess he is planning to say something else but then he blanks out at that is what comes out. Like a mantra...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 24, 2013 07:31

I agree it is cliche, but when I first heard it so long ago, it was SO hilarious and true. Now, if you know he's says it, its very played out, but also not untrue. He really probably does feel that way. And for people like the person I took to the concert (who has heard Keith say that but doesn't remember) thought it was hilarious. So if its your first time it is a funny and very "Keith" statement.

I think it would be funny though if he switched it up every now and then and said something like "I figured I'd be 6 feet under 20 years ago by this point!" Something along those lines. Either way, Philly 2 he seemed like he was going to cry from the ovation he got. Really long applause from the crowd and Keith was just drinking it all in. You could see the admiration in his face that people still really care about him so much.

Date: June 24, 2013 07:32

Stoneage
He has never been a good public speaker. He's basically a very shy person. I guess he is planning to say something else but then he blanks out at that is what comes out. Like a mantra...

agreed. it's very noticable in fact if you look at his body language when he's doing and interview or talking on stage.

Date: June 24, 2013 08:20

schillid
I most certainly did not cringe when I heard Keith say those magic words in Phillysmiling bouncing smiley Way to go Keith!!!!!!!

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: June 24, 2013 08:28

Keith can say no wrong in my book. It's amazing he's here - and WAY before they made him run.smoking smiley

Date: June 24, 2013 08:29

he speaks from the heart.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 24, 2013 08:29

its good to be anywhere
schillid
I most certainly did not cringe when I heard Keith say those magic words in Phillysmiling bouncing smiley Way to go Keith!!!!!!!

Lol......Even if I had negative feelings about it, you deserve a free pass.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 08:50

He said it in Anaheim, but kind of swallowed half of it like he knew he'd already said it too much. I was glad he swallowed half of it.

As far as his shyness mentioned above, Keith has often disputed such a description—"That's bullsh*t!"—so I was interested in the current Rolling Stone Magazine cover story on Johnny Depp what Keith says about both himself and Depp. KEITH: "Johnny...has a lot of interests and a great sense of humor. You get drawn to guys like that. He's basically the same as I am—a shy boy that you get a lot from." — p. 74, July 4, 2013 issue.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-24 09:02 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 24, 2013 09:07

I didn't. It's his "Well all right!"

Re: Keith: It's good to be here, good to be anywhere
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2013 10:54

In Budapest in 2007 he changed it to "Good to see you" and then after a beat "good to see anyone!"
which was even more hilarious than hearing the standard version for the first time (1995 for me)

He's said he got the original line from Max Miller: [www.maxmiller.org]
Apparently Keith loves that era of British comedians

Date: June 24, 2013 13:36

with sssoul
In Budapest in 2007 he changed it to "Good to see you" and then after a beat "good to see anyone!"
which was even more hilarious than hearing the standard version for the first time (1995 for me)

That's what he said on the first London show last year as well grinning smiley

Posted by: steini ()
Date: June 24, 2013 13:38

You think that he says it and is ever wondering about "heard it before" or "cliche" or that he "use it as a joke" or whatever "you might be thinking"?
..well then think and look again and look at how this person IS when he says it! Then maby you get this deeper than joke but so simple feeling that we all want and seek but find out its hard to get and hold. But Keith i think is trying to pass it on that we must stop seeking and "just" BE greatful.
I´m not trying to be clever or something just thinking out loudsmiling smiley Its great to be!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 24, 2013 15:17

Stoneage
He has never been a good public speaker.

This is so true. Like when he was receiving the award for his book, and was basically just burbling and scratching his head before introducing James Fox. And at the Nov. 25 O2 show, you could hear the nervousness in his voice, it being his first solo spot of the tour.

Date: June 24, 2013 15:54

He might be shy, but he's playing with the nervousness thing as well smiling smiley

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: June 24, 2013 15:56

DandelionPowderman
with sssoul

That's what he said on the first London show last year as well grinning smiley

Time to go the whole hog at Hyde Park i think..

''Nice to see you...to see you nice''

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:05

The first time ever he used it was in Nürnberg, 1998,
after he had fallen off that ladder in his library,
so the fairytale goes.

Actually some shows had to be postponed, including
the Berlin opening night, sold out, 80.000 people.

But it´s his way of telling the people: I´m sorry.
In 1998 it was a nice remark. Now it´s lame.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:10

It was only funny the first 500 times.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:13

TooTough
The first time ever he used it was in Nürnberg, 1998,
after he had fallen off that ladder in his library,
so the fairytale goes.

He said it at the Nijmegen show in 1995.

Date: June 24, 2013 16:17

He said it in Gothenburg, 1990 (Urban Jungle Tour).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:21

Rockman
....those early teleprompters are a sealed unit... ya can't adjust 'em

grinning smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:23

I think one time I heard him say "Ich bin ein Berliner!"

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:24

Which bootleg is the best to hear this little and avoidable speech????

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:27

Wow. People bitch about anything.

Date: June 24, 2013 16:40

To be fair: Sir Michael's in-between-songs-talk isn't much better...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home