Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Is This Latest Version Of Rolling Stones Best Live Version Ever?
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:30

you're referring to the inevitable overdubs ? :-)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:15

Bottom line is that the best post-Wyman tour is No Security, hands down. And yes, I was there. As I was for VoodooBridgesLicksABiggerBang. This band doesn't compare to the '99 band. It's been a gradual slide since then.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:20

24FPS
Bottom line is that the best post-Wyman tour is No Security, hands down. And yes, I was there. As I was for VoodooBridgesLicksABiggerBang. This band doesn't compare to the '99 band. It's been a gradual slide since then.

Still prefer all of those to Steel Wheels, and I don't see a gradual decline - maybe only in Keith's playing.

Date: June 26, 2013 04:46

sonomastone
you're referring to the inevitable overdubs ? :-)

No, not at all. I am talking about the overall sound quality, although I am sure there will be a few here and there. None that I would notice unless someone pointed them out to me.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 26, 2013 06:17

JumpinJackOLantern
SweetThing
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
SO BRAIN DEAD THREAD LIKE THIS, FROM THE SAME OLD NAME-CHANGING-IMBECIL-POSTER JUMPIN JACK IS OK BUT STONESTOD IS BEING BANNED?
OK; BUT QUITE FRANKLY; I'M FEELING CHEATED. NO WONDER PEOPLE LIKE GAZZA IS STAYING LOW. SO WILL I.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING.

It's spelled 'imbecile'. Other than that I agree.

So what do you think of Ronnie and Steven Van Zandt?

In terms of them stating the Stones are playing better than ever, or similar? Well, I strongly suspect they don't believe that literally. IF questioned, I am certain there would be some sort of qualification/clarification to their statements.

As you have gotten older have you never had anyone say to you, (a relative, co-worker, neighbor, friend, loved one, whoever) "Oh, you look GREAT" "You're looking better than ever" This may be because you were just discharged from the hospital without a trip to the morgue. Or, it may be due to putting on new or formal clothes, or you got a haircut, or lost or put on a few pounds, or someone is happy to see you after a long time...etc etc.. well, you get the idea...

Don't be a nut. You don't believe what Ron Wood or Steven Van Zandt allegedly said any more than the rest of us do.

I am not sure what I believe at this point (on this subject) anymore - heard so damn many different opinions from so many different voices. I thought stonesstein summed it up the best. I am certainly not qualified to determine the technical abilities of the guitar players of the Rolling Stones. They sound great to me, always have, with the exception being the rare videos that show up here where they are obviously having an off performance.

Steven Van Zandt put his comments in writing in Rolling Stone magazines 100 Greatest Artists that was updated in 2011. Maybe he has a different opinion about this tour, but since the general consensus around here is that this tour is at least as good as Licks and better than ABB, I would think his opinion would still be pretty much the same. Maybe he can come forward and expand on what he had written in the magazine?

Personally I don't care if this is the worst edition of the Rolling Stones ever. I still enjoy watching and listening to them. The videos that have been posted here have sounded fantastic (to my untrained ears) and you know that when the DVD comes out it is going to sound even better.

ALL the "different" opinions you've heard (here at least), is splitting of hairs between the tours of the golden era, a couple of which include the Brian Jones era, and late 70s/81, and then some varied opinions on post '89 rankings with no one suggesting *any* of those were the greatest.

Consider for a moment this board features of slew of Vegas era disciples, more than a few of whom are as prolific and opinionated as anyone. They clearly grew up embracing the band in its nostalgia celebration, and to their credit and that of our beloved band, they actively defend and cherish the latter day releases, and all their imaginary would be "warhorses". While it's not explicitly stated, their real interest is in THIS band we have TODAY. "LISA" and "CHUCK" and "DARRYL" are on an equal par (if not higher) Brian Jones, Nicky Hopkins etc.

Consider as well the near or total absence of these posters on this thread.

They only wish your topic subject was valid. They know its not. So should you.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 27, 2013 20:45

JumpinJackOLantern
When I was young and full of testosterone the sport of boxing seemed legitimate to me. As an old man I think it should be banned. Ali sure was entertaining though, he made a brutal sport fun to watch until you grow up and realize the terrible toll it takes on the human body. It is hard for me to even look at Ali these days.

Wait a minute here... when you posted as MightyRolling50Stones you said you were a woman...

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 27, 2013 21:03

grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1302
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home