Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Madison Square Garden
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 27, 2005 22:29

I wonder if this is on the schedule?

Re: Madison Square Garden
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: March 28, 2005 01:44

I'd say it's a sure bet.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 28, 2005 02:34

Remember Mick on the Four Flicks MSG concert said: "I read in the newspaper today that this will be the last time The Stones perform in The Garden..................I don't think so".

Of course they're gonna play there.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 28, 2005 04:58

Kent: Yup and I can't wait for this to happen.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: March 28, 2005 06:17

MSG is their favorite venue to play. They have said that for years now. Lucky
me.

Milo, NYC
Did she just give me a wave?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 28, 2005 06:47

Maybe that guy with the HBO sign will be there again, too grinning smiley

- Koen.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 28, 2005 14:45

shattered Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kent: Yup and I can't wait for this to happen.

I hope he says that exact same thing one more time. Even if it is the last tour, he should definently say it. Just to mak the naysayers shut the hell up. grinning smiley

I'm hoping for that HBO guy again too. It would be really fun if he was there and the concert was shown on the FOX network or something.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: March 28, 2005 15:35

If the article is in fact true and this is their FINAL tour, you can bet this will be a take no prisoners event.

With Charlie and Ronnie's health I can see this being the Last Time. Despite what Keith may have said in the past about not stopping until the hearse pulls up, their days on the road are coming to an end.

No band out there today will ever match the Stones.

THE ROLLING STONES TO OPEN NEW WEMBLEY STADIUM

THE ROLLING STONES

Veteran British rockers THE ROLLING STONES will be the first entertainers to play London's new $1,425 million ($750 million) Wembley Stadium.

The GIMME SHELTER band will make history when they open the new venue by playing three nights in June 2006 as part of their final world tour.

The Stones - SIR MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS, RONNIE WOOD and CHARLIE WATTS - plan to kick off their farewell road-trip with the historic Wembley Stadium dates.

A stadium source says, "Wembley are absolutely chuffed to have landed the Stones as the opening act for the new venue.

"They are the most famous band in the world, so it makes perfect sense for them to re-launch the world's most famous stadium."

The Stones played the former Wembley Stadium, which was demolished in 2002 to make way for the new construction, on numerous occasions.
27/03/2005 14:04

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 29, 2005 01:50

They sure will play MSG on the next tour due to Mick's promise during the HBO show but they won't sell out the house 8(!!!) times like our friends from Ireland will probably do.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 29, 2005 03:07

if they lowered their ticket prices to a decent level, they could sell out twice as many shows as U2 can

Date: March 30, 2005 06:17

Wasn't Hillary Clinton on the floor - let me rephrase this - in the audience?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-30 06:18 by shattered.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 30, 2005 06:37

duh

Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: March 30, 2005 19:49

They better play the garden, i got a hookup with the door man, any concert i want 40 bucks, no seats though but its worth it, but at the hbo show last year he jacked the price up to 100.

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2005 20:34

For sure three nights at The Garden minumum.

Bjornulf

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 13, 2011 23:15

Sam Spade
If the article is in fact true and this is their FINAL tour, you can bet this will be a take no prisoners event.

With Charlie and Ronnie's health I can see this being the Last Time. Despite what Keith may have said in the past about not stopping until the hearse pulls up, their days on the road are coming to an end.

THE ROLLING STONES

Veteran British rockers THE ROLLING STONES will be the first entertainers to play London's new $1,425 million ($750 million) Wembley Stadium.

The GIMME SHELTER band will make history when they open the new venue by playing three nights in June 2006 as part of their final world tour.

The Stones - SIR MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS, RONNIE WOOD and CHARLIE WATTS - plan to kick off their farewell road-trip with the historic Wembley Stadium dates.

A stadium source says, "Wembley are absolutely chuffed to have landed the Stones as the opening act for the new venue.

"They are the most famous band in the world, so it makes perfect sense for them to re-launch the world's most famous stadium."

The Stones played the former Wembley Stadium, which was demolished in 2002 to make way for the new construction, on numerous occasions.

Just been reading this, can't remember why they didn't play Wembly, anyone know?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 13, 2011 23:21

Was it a Tax issue ?

Date: February 13, 2011 23:29

pgarof
Sam Spade

THE ROLLING STONES

Just been reading this, can't remember why they didn't play Wembly, anyone know?

The venue wasnt ready - so they switched the gigs to Twickenham.

Bon Jovi had actually got in ahead of them to open the venue. Take That too.

Those acts had to switch their gigs to the Milton Keynes National Bowl. The Stones were the only one of the three of them who had a back up plan in case the stadium wasnt ready. If you recall, when the tickets went on sale, you were allocated a block for your tickets, instead of an actual row and seat number.

The shows went on sale December 2005 - the venues were switched at the end of March 2006.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

the first act to headline at the new stadium after it opened in 2007 was George Michael in June 2007, followed by Muse who played two nights there the following weekend.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: February 13, 2011 23:29

They didn't play Wembley to the small issue of it not being built on time. Bon Jovi were due to open it and had to move there shows to Milton Keynes, the rumor was that the Wembley owners had to pay a massive compensation payent to them because of the problems caused. George Michael eventually set a deal with the new stadium that he would open it at any time and not set a date or sue just so that he would get the kudos of opening the new stadium. Sadly he didn't sell it out unlike Bon Jovi.

Date: February 13, 2011 23:30

trainarollin
Was it a Tax issue ?

Wrong tour. That was '98, when the shows were postponed until June '99.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 13, 2011 23:34

How come there are a few threads coming up 5 or 6 years later than the last posting.Unless the dates have got funny in pc land? confused smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 13, 2011 23:35

Gazza - I sent e-mail to rocksoff account for a worrisome question.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home