Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Alice Cooper's "Slick Black Limousine"
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 27, 2005 09:33

This bonus track is on Disc 2 of the "Billion Dollar Babies" reissue by Rhino records. It is a cool track, and it's a shame it couldn't find its way onto an official album during the heyday of the original Alice Cooper band. Alice's vocals are superb on this song, and it rocks.

While I'm at it, the Alice Cooper band produced a trio of great albums between 1971-73, including "Love It To Death" and "School's Out", culminating in B$B in 1973. Despite the campiness and mock-horror concert spectacles, these guys (Glen Buxton RIP, Michael Bruce, Neal Smith and Dennis Dunaway) backed it up with some solid playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-27 09:43 by bassplayer617.

Re: OT: Alice Cooper's "Slick Black Limousine"
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 27, 2005 09:57

I use to be such a sweet, sweet thing till they gotta hold of me....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 27, 2005 22:05

Is this the one with "I want to be elected?" Arnold used this on his campaign when he took over as gov.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 27, 2005 23:44

Hey Bassplayer617, I'm a huge AC fan, especially the original band. You forgot to mention Killer in your 71-73 albums. Each band member was really awesome. Neal Smith had a huge drumset, always competing with Keith Moon to see who had a larger set! Dennis Dunaway's bass playing was awesome. Michael Bruce is a very under rated song writer and Glen Buxton was also under rated as a guitarist. I recall reading a young Randy Rhoads saw AC in concert in 73 and was just blown away by Buxton. That was one of his inspirations to want to play guitar. As well, KISS got alot of their inspiration for their live shows from seeing AC in concert in the early 70's.

The BDB reissue is really cool. I'm glad that there's finally some officially released live material from the original AC band. Slick Black Limousine is a cool song. It's also on the AC Box Set that came out a few years ago.

BDB knocked Dark Side of the Moon out of the number 1 position on the US Charts back in the spring of 73.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 28, 2005 00:46

DGA35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Bassplayer617, I'm a huge AC fan, especially
> the original band. You forgot to mention Killer
> in your 71-73 albums. Each band member was really
> awesome. Neal Smith had a huge drumset, always
> competing with Keith Moon to see who had a larger
> set! Dennis Dunaway's bass playing was awesome.
> Michael Bruce is a very under rated song writer
> and Glen Buxton was also under rated as a
> guitarist. I recall reading a young Randy Rhoads
> saw AC in concert in 73 and was just blown away by
> Buxton. That was one of his inspirations to want
> to play guitar. As well, KISS got alot of their
> inspiration for their live shows from seeing AC in
> concert in the early 70's.
>
> The BDB reissue is really cool. I'm glad that
> there's finally some officially released live
> material from the original AC band. Slick Black
> Limousine is a cool song. It's also on the AC Box
> Set that came out a few years ago.
>
> BDB knocked Dark Side of the Moon out of the
> number 1 position on the US Charts back in the
> spring of 73.

Oops! My bad for forgetting to mention "Killer". Sorry about that. So, the "classicks" are four albums, not three--"Love it to Death", "Killer", "School's Out", and then "B$B". I left out "Muscle of Love", because while it has a couple of good songs, this was the beginning of the downslide, and I really don't think it measures up to the others.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home