Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Koos Kokhuis RIP
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 15, 2013 17:35

I just found out yesterday that almost a year ago June 17th 2012 Koos Kokhuis died.
That made me sad; Koos really was a great guy...

I have lots of good memories regarding Koos.
He was a very sympathetic and warm person. Very kind and friendly.
I remember his very nice daughter sometimes joined him to the shows.
You could always have a laugh with Koos as well as talk about serious things in life; a man truly interested in other people.
I'm sure many of you know him, Koos was the guy in the wheelchair.
I remember us chatting in Amsterdam at a show just behind a fence or something and someone who wanted to get in saw Koos and started yelling and smiling at him. Koos looked at me and said "Hey that's a really good friend from high school and he doesn't have a ticket so..." .. I smiled and said 'Okay Koos!'
He knew I would do that for him so he smiled too...we liked each other.

I met him years and years ago for the first time and a couple of days ago I thought about him so I tried to find him on the web.
Nothing on IORR and that surprised me; there must be people from Holland on IORR who knew him?? Was Koos himself here on IORR?
I hope there are some people here who knew him and would like to tell some nice stories about Koos...

Re: Koos Kokhuis RIP
Date: June 16, 2013 00:03

I also looked for info in the Netherlands and got a nice mail from a Dutch woman who knew him. She said about fifteen years ago Koos did some editorial work for "Stones People Magazine" and that he knew a lot of people in Germany and France as well...
I hope some people here on IORR have more info about Koos? Thank's in advance!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 16, 2013 00:38

I met him twice. One time for my first ever Stones concert, that was in New York 1989. What I later heard, he was recording the show from a spectacular place concearning his recording stuff. Later once in the Netherlands at a Stones party. Hè send me a copy of Unknown Dreams. Didn't know he died. Have to say I didn't know him really well. Sad Sad Sad.

Date: June 17, 2013 17:52

Christiaan
I met him twice. One time for my first ever Stones concert, that was in New York 1989. What I later heard, he was recording the show from a spectacular place concearning his recording stuff. Later once in the Netherlands at a Stones party. Hè send me a copy of Unknown Dreams. Didn't know he died. Have to say I didn't know him really well. Sad Sad Sad.

Thank you Christiaan.

Any others knew Koos?? I thought this was a tight community of people knowing each other for years...

Posted by: WoodsterHolland ()
Date: June 17, 2013 19:16

I have met Koos during a Mick Taylor solo concert (with Snowy White), on April 26, 1996 in Gronau (D). Koos did record this show (as he did with many others I assume).
He was a perfectly nice guy, a very positive look on live.
RIP indeed.
Kees

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 19:26

im very sorry to hear koos passed away ... i have been talking to koos many times in the periode between 1988 and 2003 and i saw him mostly during concerts and at recordfairs.

I think his best stones moment was to have the BEST spot in the house at the Paradiso clubshows ..

RIP

DECCA61 - Richard

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 17, 2013 19:32

That is very sad. I knew him mostly from the 90's. Fan-meetings in Utrecht where we talked and traded and fan-mags like Stone People Europe and some gigs of course.
More and more of the older boys leaving this building . .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 17, 2013 20:11

Do you know what was his age when he passed away?

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: June 17, 2013 20:34

I remember him from Utrecht as well, always very friendly, and a bit too impressed by a dutch woman from Rotterdam, who always wants to hang around Jagger.
But, why not, you only live once !

RIP.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:29

Sad news. I met him in Washington DC in 1994 during Voodoo Lounge.
Nice guy. RIP

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:43

RIP It would help if there was a pic...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:46

Isn´t that "just pissing" story from the 1976 tour about him?
Wasn´t he pissing backstage?
Some Dutch must know.

Date: June 17, 2013 21:51

runaway

I don't have it.
I just found this on the web:

[www.mensenlinq.nl]

Date: June 17, 2013 21:53

Dreamer
runaway

I don't have it.
I just found this on the web:

[www.mensenlinq.nl]

It seems he was on Facebook but since I'm not on Facebook I just can see this very little picture of what I think is probably him.

[www.google.nl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-17 21:55 by Dreamer.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:58

dreamer
Don't worry, I'll find out later, must have seen him in Utrecht years ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1558
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home