Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: Boston June 12 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:31

DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

There are no "Anti-Taylorites"...

...then how do we call the people that object to the Taylorites - f.i. because they don't want to reduce the most versatile & constantly evolving band in rock'n'roll history to a mere 4 albums & just 1 guitarsound?!

Just a semantic question... tongue sticking out smiley

smiling smiley I'd call them Rolling Stones fans, not just Mick Taylor fans.

Oh yeah, so it is "Rolling Stones fans" vs. "Mick Taylor fans" in your book. A very "neutral" way to see the debate here. I guess I'm not a Rolling Stones fan then.

- Doxa

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:31

StonesTod
corriecas
StonesTod
bv
So we should fire Keith and get some studio monkey to replace him? I am sure that would fill up stadiums and make people happy. There are hundreds of guitar players who can cover Keith Richards but there are nobody with his heart and soul. He can not be replaced. After fifty years I think it is about time people face the facts. One love - and gold rings on you all.

i will face facts after 54 years - not a moment sooner.

StonesTod, why dont you disappear for a couple of months, like you used to.
You make this world, and maybe even Texas a happier plac, if you do. Your moron posts anger a lot of people, including BV.

Jeroen

can i move in with you?

Personally, I love your moron posts. Wouldn't be the same here without them. Now if I could just get MaxKC to badger you for a while instead of me this place would be heaven.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:33

Every final bow is the same. Mick is totally wasted. I do know the feeling when you have just finished a half marathon run in approx two hours on time and you made it great, and you timed your energy right. Spending the last bit of energy on Satisfaction.

Mick does his final bows on Ronnie side. He is still a zombie from his energy boost on Satisfaction. He takes the bow out of routine but his thoughts are on drinking lots of water and having a warm coat on his way to a warm shower. He is still focused on the crowd and not on the band members. People are different. While some do "band member" hugging Mick is throwing kisses and making bows to the crowd. He has been doing that for ages, every show.

Bjornulf

Date: June 13, 2013 20:34

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

...then how do we call the people that object to the Taylorites - f.i. because they don't want to reduce the most versatile & constantly evolving band in rock'n'roll history to a mere 4 albums & just 1 guitarsound?!

Oh yeah, so it is "Rolling Stones fans" vs. "Mick Taylor fans" in your book. A very "neutral" way to see the debate here. I guess I'm not a Rolling Stones fan then.

- Doxa

Some posters here like Mick Taylor more than the band, yes. Nothing wrong with that...

I didn't say versus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 20:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 13, 2013 20:42

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Some posters here like Mick Taylor more than the band, yes. Nothing wrong with that...

I didn't say versus.

So you want to reduce the whole discission concerning Taylor's contribution in this tour and in history to that distinction? I think you are missing the whole point.

- Doxa

Date: June 13, 2013 20:47

No, I don't.

I think Taylor is doing good on this tour. However, some are having trouble accepting how I feel about his good and not so good playing now, as well as in the past

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 20:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:49

His Majesty
For what ever reason, they just can't seem to play Sway well or engage with the emotion of the song. They are being too half arsed, playing a mood piece without the mood or intensity.

Yes and I think it's the very reason it doesn't work with someone like Taylor, essentially a sensitive guy.

Date: June 13, 2013 20:50

DREAMTIME
[youtu.be]

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER COMPLETE

Thank you!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:52

71Tele
StonesTod
corriecas
StonesTod
bv
So we should fire Keith and get some studio monkey to replace him? I am sure that would fill up stadiums and make people happy. There are hundreds of guitar players who can cover Keith Richards but there are nobody with his heart and soul. He can not be replaced. After fifty years I think it is about time people face the facts. One love - and gold rings on you all.

You make this world, and maybe even Texas a happier plac, if you do. Your moron posts anger a lot of people, including BV.

Jeroen

can i move in with you?

Personally, I love your moron posts. Wouldn't be the same here without them. Now if I could just get MaxKC to badger you for a while instead of me this place would be heaven.

max is working his way slowly through the board membership...ultimately he promises to be an equal-opportunity badger. we'll all get our share.

Date: June 13, 2013 20:55

DandelionPowderman
However, some are having trouble accepting how I feel about his good and not so good playing now, as well as in the past

You're missing the point again Dandy.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:03

I think I'M posting too much but I have two honest questions:

1. Can you ever get the same studio recorded sound on stage? I thought bands overlapped and went back and added things, toned down things etc at different times in a studio recording that you'd never be able to reproduce on stage. Please advise.

2. Even if someone could play identically to Keef at his height, wouldn't audiences be REALLY disappointed not to see the man himself? He's a legend on a personal level as well as musically, and people love the old reformed pirate. I know it's about the music with most of you, but isn't he integral to The Stones? esp if you pay $600+ for a ticket?
I want to see the old grizzed guy up there, mistakes and all. I wouldn't want him to make a fool of himself but I don't think he's doing that, is he? Again, comments?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:07

bv
Every final bow is the same. Mick is totally wasted. I do know the feeling when you have just finished a half marathon run in approx two hours on time and you made it great, and you timed your energy right. Spending the last bit of energy on Satisfaction.

Mick does his final bows on Ronnie side. He is still a zombie from his energy boost on Satisfaction. He takes the bow out of routine but his thoughts are on drinking lots of water and having a warm coat on his way to a warm shower. He is still focused on the crowd and not on the band members. People are different. While some do "band member" hugging Mick is throwing kisses and making bows to the crowd. He has been doing that for ages, every show.

Well-put, bv. I've noticed that too over time. The contrast between Mick and some of the others may be stronger this time, partly because Mick Taylor is a new person in the bow, and he and Ronnie and Keith are appreciating each other, I think. Mick is definitely relating to the audience, not the band, and thinking about being finished with the show, how he and they have done it once again.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:10

Depending on certain things it's possible to get a similar sound onstage to a studio recording, easier to do these days, but what works on a studio recording might not work on a stage, vice versa etc etc.

Keith is Keith, but even he can't do or be what he was once.

"When you change with every new day, still I'm gonna miss you"

Date: June 13, 2013 21:11

@Jesse

It's not about reproducing the song itself (that's just boring and totally superfluent), but about bringing the mood, intensity and feel of the song. Those ingredients are necessary for any live performance.

Without Keith Richards no Rolling Stones imo, but leave the pirat at home please before he's showing us the blade one more time.

Date: June 13, 2013 21:24

@kleermaker, Will you teach my class with me? I'm used to reading papers and grading what people say and think that's what they mean. I read what people say here and take it literally. You get what they really mean. My class would adore you. Of course maybe it's the people on this site that you know better than I, how are you with 16th c Ital. art history? smiling smiley

Anyway, ok I get it. Thanks as always.

Date: June 13, 2013 21:34

His Majesty
Depending on certain things it's possible to get a similar sound onstage to a studio recording, easier to do these days, but what works on a studio recording might not work on a stage, vice versa etc etc.

Keith is Keith, but even he can't do or be what he was once.

"When you change with every new day, still I'm gonna miss you"

You are my other GURU on this site. I am flattered when you respond to me.
Thank you. If only you could teleport all of your musical knowlege to me....smiling smiley

Date: June 13, 2013 21:35

Jesse
@kleermaker, Will you teach my class with me?
Of course maybe it's the people on this site that you know better than I, how are you with 16th c Ital. art history? smiling smiley

That would be fun Jesse, we'll teach them some Taylor Stones experience smiling smiley.

Maybe, but don't forget about my natural gifted intelligence cool smiley

Pretty good of course and you'll get me through it. Or we teach them some Dutch painting history: Rembrandt, Van Gogh and Appel will do I guess.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:35

StonesTod
corriecas
StonesTod
bv

Jeroen

can i move in with you?

sure you can
Jeroen

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:43

Midnight rambler!!

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:45

Sorry, just posted in the right thread among other songs too!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:48

Friday $85 tickets just dropped!

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:52

bv
corriecas
bv
StonesTod
there's nothing complex about sway, for crissakes. 3 chords. i've seen lame stones cover bands play it better than the stones do.

So why do you waste your time with the Stones then?

dont waste your time and energy on StonesTod Bjornulf. He is a lunatic and not a stones Fan. Forget about him.
Stonestod is a waste of time.

jeroen

Sure I have "friends" i.e. people I do know who claim they can play better than Keith. I hear what they saying and I do always smile when they say so. Some times the ego is bigger than real life.

Alot of Sway could do with the original recording. Jagger is credited with rhythm guitar, Taylor with electric lead. Richards only backing vocals. Is that really Jagger playing on the studio recording? It's fantastic. Keith's tone and textures alone live will make it a little different. The backing vocals last night were superb on Sway.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 13, 2013 21:58

Wild Slivovitz
Sympathy For The Devil:

I like that a lot!!!

Is this the best SFTD by now on this tour, even Keith seems to be quite strong here, or what do you think?

Or is this thread anymore about the Boston show? winking smiley

Date: June 13, 2013 22:16

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Taylor is NOT the only "musical" thing people are paying attention to during this tour. Have you forgotten about all the fans who travel to see their favourite band? They are having the time of their lives - the reviews and the reports are great!

A weak argument. I'm going to travel to see my favourite band and surely I am going to have the time of my life. Anybody going to see the Stones, and willing to pay big bucks of that, will know beforehand what one will get. And they won't disappoint you.

But I was referring to the more detailed account here in regards to performances. Only Taylor'¨s contributions seem to cause some more serious reflection or interest. Probably due that being a novelty thing. We know very well what to expect from the others. Damn, we have been trained for decades for that.

- Doxa

What about all these statements:
- Ronnie is playing really well on this tour - great solo on YCAGWYW
- Keith fvcked up the intro on IORR, but he was still sharp last night. Fantastic rendition of YGTS
- Mick is incredible, and sang really well last night. How does he manage the falsetto?
- Darryl doesn't swing as much as Bill, and I didn't like his playing on ER
- Charlie is steady as a rock
- The choir was really great
- Fogerty was awesome, Taylor Swift stunk
- It was sooo great hearing Lady Jane live! Chuck's harpsichord gelled nicely in with the beautiful acoustic guitars

There are hundreds more of those musical comments, Doxa - every day. The problem is that these comments are of no interest to YOU, seemingly.

By saying that discussing Taylor is the only interesting musical discussion topic on this tour, you're simultaneously pissing on all the other fans who like the whole band, and the shows.

I don't think you really mean that this is how it's supposed to be?

Some random comments, which usually don't get even one reply. A real detailed discussion - and even controversy - seems to concern only Taylor's contribution. Even the die-hard Woodists don't seem to have anything to say of their man (but more, funnily, of Taylor). Perhaps there isn't anything to inspire to write.

- Doxa

Date: June 13, 2013 22:30

Those comments are just as valid and important as what you find inspiring.

Posted by: RocksOff714 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:49

Anyone interested in ONE ticket . Loge 8 row 21 . Paid 170.00 . Original price before mark down 425.00 . Asking 85.00 .

Crash Landed In A Louisiana Swamp

Date: June 13, 2013 22:58

DandelionPowderman

Some populist ass-licking here, huh? I don't think we should find inspiration from other people's comments but on music. It's the music, the performances that should inspire us.

Anyway, I made my original comment based on observations here, not on what I find "inspiring". No need much inquiry to come to that conclusion.

- Doxa

Date: June 13, 2013 23:30

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Some populist ass-licking here, huh? I don't think we should find inspiration from other people's comments but on music. It's the music, the performances that should inspire us.

Anyway, I made my original comment based on observations here, not on what I find "inspiring". No need much inquiry to come to that conclusion.

- Doxa

Those comments ARE about the music. You are dissing the comments because they don't get many replies. Is that true anyway? Discussing YGTS is just as important as discussing Taylor. I think lots of people on this board have had enough of Taylor discussions. We all agree (except for jumping jeppe) that we would like him on more songs...

Date: June 13, 2013 23:39

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Those comments ARE about the music. You are dissing the comments because they don't get many replies. Is that true anyway? Discussing YGTS is just as important as discussing Taylor. I think lots of people on this board have had enough of Taylor discussions. We all agree (except for jumping jeppe) that we would like him on more songs...

So why are you contributing to them if you think "lots of people on this board have had enough of Taylor discussions"?

Cheap populism the rest of your stuff here.

- Doxa

Date: June 13, 2013 23:54

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

So why are you contributing to them if you think "lots of people on this board have had enough of Taylor discussions"?

Cheap populism the rest of your stuff here.

- Doxa

Yeah, let's end this.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home