Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith makes fun of Ron's sobriety
Posted by: Miranda ()
Date: June 11, 2013 18:37

Re: Contactmusic Twists Everything Out of Context
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 11, 2013 18:43

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 11, 2013 18:51

with sssoul
eye rolling smiley

I agree with ssoul...but, it does sound like big brother Keith isn't happy with little brother Ronnie. I can see where both are coming from actually. That Ronnie quote was out there last year and it seemed to me at the time that it was wrong of him to slag Keith about his drinking in public. At the same time, Keith shouldn't be so dismissive of Ronnie's attempts at rehab...but mostly he just sounds pissed off, maybe by the question.

Re: Keith makes fun of Ron's sobriety
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 11, 2013 18:52

Wonder if Men's Journal is aware of that purported interview. There's nothing about it at [www.mensjournal.com]

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 11, 2013 19:38

Oh, woe is the rich millionaire's and their private luxary clinics - must be hell to think that they can go to best hospitals in the world everytime they feel like it...Must be hell to be able to get every doctor in the world and every medicine you can think of at the snap of your finger...oh, woe is the suffering of the rich and famous. When they feel tired or depressed by their swimming pools - it must be hell - so they can just go to Bahamas for a holiday "rehab"...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 11, 2013 19:43

Ronnie's used to it. When I saw them at MSG during the Bigger Bang tour, Mick introduced him as Ronnie "Rehab" Wood.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 11, 2013 19:44

I rehabbed down the street from here and nobody has made fun of me...that was a knee though...

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: June 11, 2013 19:53

Jail can be a great de-tox....

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 11, 2013 20:13

Isn't it nice to know how much they care about each other? For sentimental reasons, I think they all should sit on stage, in rocking chairs, acoustic instruments in hand, strum the guitars and sing the following to each other:

Yeah, a strectch for the second tube link, but it would be something pretty cool to see and hear the Stones sing it to each other. They've sung other groups stuff, so, why not this one?

BTW, has anyone else noticed that Keith, in his photo on the contactmusic link, is sporting the beginning of what I can only call the "Ronald McDonald" haircut look? What a scamp.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 11, 2013 20:37

HOw many different kinds of arse can Keith be?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 12, 2013 00:29

GravityBoy

In fairness, contact music never seem to interview anyone directly. They have a shocking habit of cherrypicking quotes from other sources, taking them completely out of context and over sensationalising them with dramatic headlines for attention.

An utterly useless media source.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 12, 2013 00:31

GravityBoy

He really is turning into nothing more than an @$$#ole.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 12, 2013 00:33

....Keefs right ....those rehab camps are for drama queens...

when they made me do drink-drivin' course the stories all turned inta
tales of how much each guy was sluggin' down every day before they got nabbed..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 12, 2013 00:46

GravityBoy

dunno, how many kinds of arse are there?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:38

This is very very serious..... oh wait, NO its not!!
Who cares what some rag or radio says Kieth says Ronnie says or Jo says?
Sounds like a bunch of radio gaga blah blah kaka or something
All we hear is radio googoo, radio kaka... radio blah blah!!.... and now a song...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 01:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:49

latebloomer
with sssoul
eye rolling smiley

I agree with ssoul...but, it does sound like big brother Keith isn't happy with little brother Ronnie. I can see where both are coming from actually. That Ronnie quote was out there last year and it seemed to me at the time that it was wrong of him to slag Keith about his drinking in public. At the same time, Keith shouldn't be so dismissive of Ronnie's attempts at rehab...but mostly he just sounds pissed off, maybe by the question.

Yeah, he may well have been pissed off by the question itself.

Its not the one he wants to hear, after all.

His favorite question, by far, is how he is getting along with Mick Jagger.

This allows Keith to really open up about what he most likes to discuss, and what at this point, he has nearly all the media trained to ask.

But let it be said: Keith doesn't like "drama". Nope. Never...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 12, 2013 03:37

Gazza
GravityBoy

In fairness, contact music never seem to interview anyone directly. They have a shocking habit of cherrypicking quotes from other sources, taking them completely out of context and over sensationalising them with dramatic headlines for attention.

Thank you. Clarity is a rarity...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 12, 2013 06:03

latebloomer
with sssoul
eye rolling smiley

Just Keefs way of reminding Ronnie what the pecking order is / back in the day Mick Taylor must have gotten it much worse due to jealousy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 06:16 by triceratops.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 12, 2013 06:22

"I hate all this idea of rehab and giving stuff up because it just means you're hung up on it. It just means, 'Ok, I'm drinking too much - I'll cut down"

What's all the fuzz about? He's only saying that you/Ronnie should be able to just cut down instead of quit completely. Nothing to harsh IMHO.
Now, some people are not capable of doing this and it might be a bit ironic that Keith is saying this of all people... winking smiley But other than that, I don't see why he's being a dick.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 12, 2013 06:35

There's no story. The headline from Contact News makes a mountain out of a molehill. They're relying on readers judging by the headline and not the actual content of the quote. Apparently, it works.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:03

Gazza
GravityBoy

Right on....and TMZ....etc... I actually have a degree in Journalism, and I am not a writer at this moment largely due to this kind of BS.Most outlets care more about making a splash, than actually reporting news.God forbid telling the story like it is. I take every story with a pound of salt.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:29

"I hate all this idea of rehab and giving stuff up because it just means you're hung up on it." Uh, yeah, Keith. That is exactly what it means. Your point?

Date: June 12, 2013 08:13

From4tilLate
"I hate all this idea of rehab and giving stuff up because it just means you're hung up on it." Uh, yeah, Keith. That is exactly what it means. Your point?

I kind of get it....I don't drink much anymore, quit cigarettes and stopped rubbing snuff. I am 41. I would get home from work, do my yard/house stuff, and sit. Pretty soon it became clear, I wanted some kind of vice. My grandfather was an alcoholic by definition, but never got drunk. He enjoyed two or three highballs a day. I smoke cigars now, and have the occasional rub of snuff. Because I'm not going to live forever and I enjoy it. Sometimes you need to reign it in, but the whole T totaling rehab thing can be extreme..... "I will always be an addict....I am powerless...." Bull shite!

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: June 12, 2013 08:50

Thrylan
From4tilLate

I kind of get it....I don't drink much anymore, quit cigarettes and stopped rubbing snuff. I am 41. I would get home from work, do my yard/house stuff, and sit. Pretty soon it became clear, I wanted some kind of vice. My grandfather was an alcoholic by definition, but never got drunk. He enjoyed two or three highballs a day. I smoke cigars now, and have the occasional rub of snuff. Because I'm not going to live forever and I enjoy it. Sometimes you need to reign it in, but the whole T totaling rehab thing can be extreme..... "I will always be an addict....I am powerless...." Bull shite!

Bull shite for you, perhaps. It is a fact for some of us. It is also a fact alcohol reacts differently in different people and some folks just cannot drink safely, Ask their families and loved ones if you don't believe me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 09:03 by Wry Cooter.

Date: June 12, 2013 09:13

Wry Cooter
Thrylan
From4tilLate

I kind of get it....I don't drink much anymore, quit cigaretties and stopped rubbing snuff. I am 41. I would get home from work, do my yard/house stuff, and sit. Pretty soon it became clear, I wanted some kind of vice. My grandfather was an alcoholic by definition, but never got drunk. He enjoyed two or three highballs a day. I smoke cigars now, and have the occasional rub of snuff. Because I'm not going to live forever and I enjoy it. Sometimes you need to reign it in, but the whole T totaling rehab thing can be extreme..... "I will always be an addict....I am powerless...." Bull shite!

Bull shite for you, perhaps. It is a fact for some of us. It is also a fact alcohol reacts differently in different people and some folks just cannot drink safely, Ask their families and loved ones if you don't believe me.

Didn't mean to offend....I know some real alcoholics, and it's bad. I am just saying that, I think Keith's point is, after free basing and everything else.....plus, they don't have 9-5's, you can hold that job down and be half drunk. Completely different than say me. Can't drink where I work, alcoholism would cause financial and legal hardships... etc... Ronnie has money, a driver. Kind of like Charlie Sheen and Billy Joel, don't let them drive and who are they hurting? Themselves.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 12, 2013 11:04

No he doesn't.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: June 12, 2013 11:17

Ronnie recorded a great album "I feel like playing" because he was sober. Perhaps between to rehabs but sober to do it. About Keith, he needs you as he is himself. If he drinks, a sober ronnie doesn't interest him. The 2007 tour was catastrophic. Thanks to Ronne to have saved the shows. Where is the Keith's work. Ronnie is currently the best songwriter of them. Let's do him writing some songs if the band must record something.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 12, 2013 11:53

HMN

Date: June 12, 2013 12:02

greenriver
Ronnie recorded a great album "I feel like playing" because he was sober. Perhaps between to rehabs but sober to do it. About Keith, he needs you as he is himself. If he drinks, a sober ronnie doesn't interest him. The 2007 tour was catastrophic. Thanks to Ronne to have saved the shows. Where is the Keith's work. Ronnie is currently the best songwriter of them. Let's do him writing some songs if the band must record something.

Do you really think the world is THIS black and white?

Firstly, when Ronnie's album was RELEASED, he was sober.

It was a good album indeed, though.

Secondly, there is a huge difference between Keith right after the fall, and Keith today. As you know, he has written material with Steve Jordan, and they're playing one of his songs on tour right now.

Ronnie has always been on par with the Glimmers as a song writer, imo.

Date: June 12, 2013 12:55

To me it doesn't sound at all like he is making fun. Like so much in today's press it is the headline, and the writer's own slant and twist that sets a tone; and possibly then stirs up more sh*t. (the desired outcome).
It is typical Keith, the way he views coming off booze via rehab. he 's the kind of guy who will kick it on his own, and part of having that kind of grit is just the very notion that rehab is a pansy's game. But I don't think he thinks less of Ron for going that route. "Ronnie loves drama..." Whoope do.

Keith turning into a cranky old pot has a certain symmetry to it. People love the quotes like "don't grow old gracefully", and then he lives up to it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home