Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Would You Still Buy a Ticket if Mick Taylor wasn't on the Tour?
Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: June 3, 2013 11:12

I would like to say i'm only going because of Mick Taylor but having missed the ABB tour I would probably still be going!

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 3, 2013 12:30

yes I would but if not for the $85 tickets I got for both Boston shows it would have been the first tour I would have missed since 1975.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 13:38

Of Course

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 3, 2013 13:56

24FPS
Mick Taylor, and an $85 ticket were the only thing to get me to go this time around. I thought Mick and Ronnie sounded great on the PPV but Keith was lame. I thought I'd be seeing a lesser version of a tired stage show. Then I actually saw them and it was better than I thought it would be, especially Keith. But it was Mick Taylor who kicked the whole thing up a notch. They lazed through the first few songs and seeing Gimme Shelter with Lisa Fischer again was okay, but I've seen it too many times. The guest stars didn't do much. Emotional Rescue 'rescued' the first part of the show. It really wasn't until Taylor came out for Midnight Rambler that it felt like a real Stones show. The encore was great and Keith was dangerous on JJF.

This doesn't erase the problems. The whole Chuck, Darryl, Bernard and Lisa thing could be gone tomorrow and I wouldn't mind. Mick still needs to be a little more daring, and to not quit shoving a yawn worthy SFTD down our throats night after night.

I never would have paid top dollar for this tour, and I have for tours past. It doesn't have to be this way, but they'd have to mix it up some for me to interested. I'm sure it will all make a good DVD set at some point.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 14:01

No, and I like to watch Taylor playing smaller venues. He has played nothing on his guitar during this tour that he can do equal or better with his own band.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 3, 2013 14:08

Yes, I would. Mick Taylor is a wonderful added attraction, but not the raison d'etre. But, like 24FPS, I tip my hat to the $85 tickets. I'm going to see them three times, twice in Philly and then in DC, for less then I spent on my one ticket for Newark. I'm more happy about that, then seeing MT on stage with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 14:33 by latebloomer.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:06

I only have interest in seeing them because Mick Taylor is on the tour. The setlist is too dependent on the same warhorses to invest seeing them repeated yet again.

But even with Mick Taaylor in the fold, I am only going if I get a ticket for $150 or less. No band is worth more than that.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:20

I don't go see the Stones based on musical guests.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:35

of course ,without a dought .

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:16

No.

I wouldn't. I've seen Taylor in 1973 with the Stones and that was incredible. I saw them with Ronnie in 1976 and in 1982 and that was enough for me. Taylor adds something special to the band and brings the songs to another level, something Ronnie and Keith are not capable of.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:00

TheGreek

without a what? a doughnut? there's to be NO FOOD TALK on this board!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:55

StonesTod
TheGreek

without a what? a doughnut? there's to be NO FOOD TALK on this board!
not even a nice dunkins glaze donut with my coffee?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 18:02

I would have passed on the $600 ticket, but with Taylor on board - it is history. I've seen every Stones' tour since 1978 - Taylor's inclusion sealed the deal for me.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:33

Of course. The Stones are still excellent, with or without MT.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:22

No way am I paying these prices. It is highway robbery. It's a band . A great one but a band. To pay $600 bucks to see anyone play is crazy. But that is just my opinion. I work for a living and can't afford to pay that much money to see Keith Richards think he is playing great . Sorry . I just get pissed off when I think of the prices these guys charge to see them. And they have the gall to say we took the lowest offer. Bullshit. They have the final say so on everything. If they really wanted this to be a celebration of their 50 years in music then show it by not ripping people off of their hard earned money to see you .

Date: June 3, 2013 21:25

headly123
No way am I paying these prices. It is highway robbery. It's a band . A great one but a band. To pay $600 bucks to see anyone play is crazy. But that is just my opinion. I work for a living and can't afford to pay that much money to see Keith Richards think he is playing great . Sorry . I just get pissed off when I think of the prices these guys charge to see them. And they have the gall to say we took the lowest offer. Bullshit. They have the final say so on everything. If they really wanted this to be a celebration of their 50 years in music then show it by not ripping people off of their hard earned money to see you .

(munich: a think a "dammit chuck" right about here would be appropriate and might soothe our friend's anger a bit)

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:27

StonesTod
headly123

(munich: a think a "dammit chuck" right about here would be appropriate and might soothe our friend's anger a bit)

Coming right up boss...

Date: June 3, 2013 21:27

headly123

And the $85 tickets?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:28

headly123

Dammit Chuck!!

Date: June 3, 2013 21:30

ok. now let's move on folks. there's a big taylor swift show happening tonight with the stones featured as her back-up band. we've all been waiting for this, now let's stop the bickering.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:30

Yes. I love the Stones regardless of whether Mick Taylor is there or not. I would buy a ticket with the full knowledge that my loyalty will not be rewarded with anything special.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:34

Yes, of course - this will probably be one of the last possibilities we can see them - they have reached an age where you don't know what happens tomorrow.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:43

Yes but...

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: June 3, 2013 23:44

no

Posted by: CupofLove ()
Date: June 4, 2013 03:21

"yes, saw them in Brooklyn I left very happy. I am a Tailorite but I've got tickets for Boston 1 and Philly 1 so it appears I'll get the smaller Taylor sampler because of bad luck. I do have a problem with that but can't switch nights and still want to go. I have a funny feeling though that things may change as we approach Hyde Park, despite all the questions he still may play a complete show back in London. I so wish I could be there." Doom and gloom

That's a very good point to be made...yea if we are paying the same price, should one audience see less of the special guest ..isn't that the point of a special guest..draw the crowd in...surely the Stones do not think by now we are going to rush and buy the $600 on a gamble of being at the show MT could maybe possibly play more then one song?!?!

After seeing the Stones in Chicago on night two....I realized that #1: yes MT played the hell out oh Midnight Ramler but #2: being as big of a fan of MT's work, I could have enjoyed the show just as much if he wasn't there that night...

That's not mean I didn't enjoy his work that night just wasn't my main reason in buying the tickets.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 03:23 by CupofLove.

Date: June 4, 2013 08:00

My descison to buy Stones tickets has nothing to do with Taylor. It has every thing to do with Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:16

People have been buying tickets to see The Rolling Stones since 1974 when Mick Taylor quit, so what is your question?

I think having MT on this tour is lovely, but I certainly would have bought a ticket to see The Rolling Stones without him.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:54

I went to Toronto to see the Stones for two reasons: one was certainly because of Mick Taylor (although I was disappointed that he only played on Rambler and came back out for an encore of strumming, noodling on Satisfaction). I had high hopes, especially as this was on the heels of performances of Sway & Can't You Hear Me Knocking on the west coast. The other reason was to take my son to see the Stones, stay the night in Toronto, and share a special bonding experience. Unlike previous tours where I have seen multiple shows, that ain't gonna happen this time. It is too expensive a proposition. With the cheap tickets that I managed to acquire for the Air Canada Centre, meals, gas & transportation, along with a modest hotel we stayed in, it was approximately $600-$700.00 to go to Toronto for a Saturday afternoon and return home Sunday afternoon. I skipped the Stones on the Bigger Bang tour so I had not seen them in 10 years on the Licks tour. It was very weird, but even though I did not think 5/25/13 was the greatest show I'd seen, I felt very nostalgic, emotional, and comforted being in the same room again with a group of guys (the Stones) who wrote the soundtrack of my life. Yes, they are not the same twenty something's they once were, and even though I may sound critical at times about the Stones on this board- nobody else (not even Bruce) gets my ya yas out like Stones!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home