Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: If they were to play one track from ABB, it should be..
Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: June 3, 2013 05:21

Dangerous Beauty or She Saw Me Coming.These are the best songs from this album
that they never played live.

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: June 3, 2013 07:08

I think She Saw Me Coming would work great live. Too bad they didn't play it at the Beacon after rehearsing it before the shows. Maybe if they would have included it if one of the three shows weren't cancelled.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: June 3, 2013 08:31

It Won't Take Long, of course.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2013 08:33

....Oh YEAH ...It Won't Take Long.... one dirt song...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 3, 2013 08:49

This place is empty

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 3, 2013 08:54

Really Good Album!

This gets a lot of play by me! One of my favorites!

Wouldn't want to hear BOMH live again. It was great the first time around & has its place on the ABB tour.

'She Saw Me Coming' would be great to hear live w/ Keith's nasty 52' Tele!

'Under The Radar'

'Look What The Cat Dragged In' would be cool if they stretched it out like 'Miss You' or 'Out Of Comtrol"

I wouldn't think any of these songs would be categorized as rare songs. I thought the album sold well & the tour was very popular. 'Driving Too Fast" was used in commercials & look at the exposure they got from doing the Super Bowl halftime show.

It seems like they never stand behind their newer material

Maybe they just can't play EVERY song

Or have the time in a show

Maybe they don't want to play EVERY song

A lot of songs HAVE to be played because that's what the average fan expectsa Stones show to be.

I've always likened it to 'Light My Fire'/the Doors when Morrison commented about everyone always requesting them to play it @ live shows. And they weren't interested in anything else. But they try to balance that in the set list at least. But, you can't please everybody .....

Anyway..

A Bigger Bang is great from beginning to end.

I think it's even better than B2B! And Bridges is a damn fine album!

I can only imagine & dream that after every show Mick & Keith would go back to the hotel room & start writing together! If that happened & they went in to the studio HOT after tour for another album it would be classic and be one of their 'great' ones!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 09:05 by Marhsall.

Date: June 3, 2013 10:29

Laugh I Nearly Died. Easy choice.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 3, 2013 13:24

Rough Justice.
good riff, good beat, good vocals...

Laugh I Nearly Died.
one of the most interesting Stonessongs post 1990...

This Place is Empty.
beautiful, 'vintage Keith' ballad...

Oh, No, Not You Again.
100% fun track...

Biggest Mistake.
3d millenium version of, ànd sequel to Dead Flowers...

Under the Radar.
didn't mean a lot to me for àges; but it IS a 'grower' for sure...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 13:35

She Saw Me Coming

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 14:02

I know I'm going to get shot down in milliseconds but Streets of Love works fine live, much more impressive than the studio version, and Joe Public likes it.

I love ONNYA and RJ but can do without hearing them this time round. Back of My Hand would be great in a club but not a large venue.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:29

It Won't take long

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:38

treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity
If Mick Jagger would wrap his arms around his great newer (last 25 years) songs, so would the rest of the world, and then everyone would "act properly", "respond properly", at concerts.

If they were as good as the songs from their first 20 years I would agree with you. But they're not.

I think if the audience had wrapped their arms around the music, ie by actually buying the albums, making the singles top ten hits (you know where I'm going), then I think Mick would make the decision to play them.

I believe his thinking might be around not wanting to ram this stuff down our throats, if we're not even listening to it. A CD or download costs 10-15 bucks, but the audience is instead shelling out $600 for a 2 Hour show, and not buying the new material.

I think that says it all.

Yep. Another reason why these prices are taking away from the show. I just saw Devo preform and it cost 30 dollars. They played some stuff from their latest album, and some other recent stuff. I only knew probably half the songs they played and it was still a blast.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 16:40 by ryanpow.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:47

ryanpow
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity
If Mick Jagger would wrap his arms around his great newer (last 25 years) songs, so would the rest of the world, and then everyone would "act properly", "respond properly", at concerts.

If they were as good as the songs from their first 20 years I would agree with you. But they're not.

I think if the audience had wrapped their arms around the music, ie by actually buying the albums, making the singles top ten hits (you know where I'm going), then I think Mick would make the decision to play them.

I believe his thinking might be around not wanting to ram this stuff down our throats, if we're not even listening to it. A CD or download costs 10-15 bucks, but the audience is instead shelling out $600 for a 2 Hour show, and not buying the new material.

Yep. Another reason why these prices are taking away from the show. I just saw Devo preform and it cost 30 dollars. They played some stuff from their latest album, and some other recent stuff. I only knew probably half the songs they played and it was still a blast.

there's this ridiculous notion - and I think Gazza made a point of this before his acrimonious breakup with BV and permanent departure from IORR - that you have to know a song in a concert to enjoy it. When did all this start? Anyone have an exact time and place when folks expected to know all the songs?

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:11

kowalski
Under The Radar.

IS this a bonus track? I don't have this on my ABB

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:14

Let me down slow

Back of my hand.

Date: June 3, 2013 17:55

StonesTod
ryanpow
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity

there's this ridiculous notion - and I think Gazza made a point of this before his acrimonious breakup with BV and permanent departure from IORR - that you have to know a song in a concert to enjoy it. When did all this start? Anyone have an exact time and place when folks expected to know all the songs?

Every song is unfamiliar until you've heard it. There's a first time for everything.

Date: June 3, 2013 18:21

ryanpow
StonesTod
ryanpow
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity

Every song is unfamiliar until you've heard it. There's a first time for everything.

i didn't know that...first i've heard of it.

Date: June 3, 2013 18:48

StonesTod
ryanpow
StonesTod
ryanpow
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity

It's Wild Stuff.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 3, 2013 18:53

StonesTod
ryanpow
StonesTod
ryanpow
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity

I didn't know that but I'm in no way surprised considering some of the nonsense I've seen spewed over the years.

Date: June 3, 2013 19:22

fahthree
StonesTod
ryanpow
StonesTod
ryanpow
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity

I didn't know that but I'm in no way surprised considering some of the nonsense I've seen spewed over the years.

Not playing rare or new stuff because half of the crowd hasn't heard it is nonsense, which is the point I was trying to make, mr fahthree

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 19:33 by ryanpow.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 19:31

driving too fast would be great!

Date: June 3, 2013 19:33

ryanpow
fahthree
StonesTod
ryanpow
StonesTod
ryanpow
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity

Not playing rare or new stuff because half of the crowd hasn't heard it is nonsense, which is the point I was trying to make.

and you made it well. i suggest your point deserves a thread all of its own so others can point out how much they disagree with you....

Date: June 3, 2013 19:54

ryanpow
fahthree
StonesTod
ryanpow
StonesTod
ryanpow
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity

Not playing rare or new stuff because half of the crowd hasn't heard it is nonsense, which is the point I was trying to make, mr fahthree

For what it's worth, I was actually referring to the Gazza/BV situation and the nonsense I was referencing is the BS I've seen from BV over the years.

Date: June 3, 2013 19:59

fahthree
ryanpow
fahthree
StonesTod
ryanpow
StonesTod
ryanpow
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity

For what it's worth, I was actually referring to the Gazza/BV situation and the nonsense I was referencing is the BS I've seen from BV over the years.

there's so much nonsense going on here that some of the nonsense was bound to eventually get confused with some of the other nonsense.

Date: June 3, 2013 20:02

Well said StonesTod!

Date: June 3, 2013 20:06

As long as my non-sense is separated from other people's nonsense then we're on the same page.

Date: June 3, 2013 20:09

ryanpow
As long as my non-sense is separated from other people's nonsense then we're on the same page.

perhaps bv would be kind enough to organize the nonsense and provide separate threads as needed.

Date: June 3, 2013 20:11

StonesTod
ryanpow

perhaps bv would be kind enough to organize the nonsense and provide separate threads as needed.

Or, as been suggested, another forum. So there would be Tell me, Hot Stuff, Off Topic, and Just Plain Nonsense.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:18

Rough Justice

Bjornulf

Date: June 3, 2013 20:20

One of my favorite bits of nonsense was in 2006 when people complained about the setlist for Halifax and our fearless leader said it was the first time any of those people had heard the songs. Of the 50,000 or so people at that show not a single one of them had EVER seen the Stones before.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home