Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Do fans at the concerts boo Keith when he plays?
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 2, 2013 07:53

I certainly do. cool smiley

Re: Keith
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 2, 2013 09:42

The "Keith greeting" entails a lot of very low-pitched "Keef, Keef",
maybe from people who don't want to sound like they're shrieking eee eee?
The low pitch can indeed sound like disapproval, but it's not -
It's part of the tradition, like chanting for Charlie.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 2, 2013 09:50

Mick's target demographic for this tour is younger but with money who want to hear The Stones greatest hits and warhorses. Keith's tunes are neither so when he's singing there is an exodous to the bathrooms and beer concessions. If it were up to me Keith gets demoted to one tune and Mick Taylor is brought in for Sway and Dead Flowers each night in addition to what he is already getting

Date: June 2, 2013 10:18

triceratops
Mick's target demographic for this tour is younger but with money who ...

Ahh thank you for illustrating so clearly why this thread wants a different title!
Memphiscats my dear, now that the mystery's solved, do you think you could change the name of the thread
to something less sensational? It's misleading for people accustomed to reading only headlines
Thanks for thinking about it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-02 12:30 by with sssoul.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: June 2, 2013 12:06

Would not be a wise idea.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 2, 2013 12:16

....why would ya???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 2, 2013 12:27

with sssoul
triceratops
Mick's target demographic for this tour is younger but with money who ...

Ahh thank you for illustrating so clearly why this thread wants a different title!
Latebloomer honey, now that the mystery's over, do you think you could change the name of the thread
to something less sensational? It's misleading for people accustomed to reading only headlines
Thanks for thinking about it

Thinking about it is not the problem dear sssoul... but, I'm not the OP so I can't change it. cool smiley

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 2, 2013 12:29

triceratops
Mick's target demographic for this tour is younger but with money who want to hear The Stones greatest hits and warhorses. Keith's tunes are neither so when he's singing there is an exodous to the bathrooms and beer concessions. If it were up to me Keith gets demoted to one tune and Mick Taylor is brought in for Sway and Dead Flowers each night in addition to what he is already getting

you clearly haven't been to any of the US shows... he gets a great response. there's been no exodus to the bathrooms and concessions that i've seen. and if you want more mick taylor, there's a sticky thread for that already.

Date: June 2, 2013 12:30

Ohh eek
Sorry for the mistaken identity and thanks for the correction :E

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 2, 2013 14:37

the 'boos' are Mick, side of stage , growling into a stadium mic.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 2, 2013 15:35

No but I'm booing you right now for even asking such a question.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: June 2, 2013 15:43

Interesting, back in Brooklyn I was definitely hearing "booos" as well before Keith's set, was wondering what that was about.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 2, 2013 15:45

mighty stork

No need to boo memphiscats, it was a valid question, answered validly and if/when it comes up with her friend again, she can point to, and use, this thread as expert evidence, testimony and explaination beyond refute.... and hopefully win several drinks in doing so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-02 15:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 2, 2013 15:53

Max'sKansasCity
mighty stork

No need to boo memphiscats, it was a valid question, answered validly and if/when it comes up with her friend again, she can point to, and use, this thread as expert evidence, testimony and explaination beyond refute.... and hopefully win several drinks in doing so.

Agree, there was no snarkiness in memphiscats questions, just concern. You are a good friend, Max. smileys with beer

Date: June 2, 2013 16:00

latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity
mighty stork

Agree, there was no snarkiness in memphiscats questions, just concern. You are a good friend, Max. smileys with beer

Happy to help out ma'am (tipping my hat),but Im just stating the facts. This is not the first time IORR Q&A has been used for expert testimony and/or bar bets. IORR is the world standard for expert Stones information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-02 17:03 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: June 2, 2013 16:08

The crowd isn't saying 'boo' or 'Keef;' they're saying 'new teeth!'

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 2, 2013 16:09

I've never heard Keith booed and I think I might start a scuffle if I saw someone booing him. Gee let's boo the guy who wrote part of almost all of the songs that are played on stage every night, the guy who pioneered the open G tunig, the best rythym player or in the top two or three of all time. That would be ridiculous and I think Keith is the second most popular Stone after MJ the guy is the epitome of what a rock star is! And his spot of two songs should NOT be dropped to one I think Keith has earned his spot.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2013 16:10

stonesrule
I had a feeling it might be intentional! Good for you.

Women tend to be more intelligent and to the point than men are...don't you think?

A lot of women seem to think so, don't you think?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 2, 2013 16:43

Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity
mighty stork

Happy to help out ma'am (tipping my hat), but Im just stating the facts. This is not the first time IORR Q&A has been used for expert testimony and/or bar bets. IORR is the world standard for expert Stones information.
My apologies, didn't mean to offend. I just feel that Keith deserves more respest than some people give him. I know many do get another beer at this point of the show.

Date: June 2, 2013 17:02

mighty stork
Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity
mighty stork

Happy to help out ma'am (tipping my hat), but Im just stating the facts. This is not the first time IORR Q&A has been used for expert testimony and/or bar bets. IORR is the world standard for expert Stones information.
My apologies, didn't mean to offend. I just feel that Keith deserves more respest than some people give him. I know many do get another beer at this point of the show.
smileys with beer You are correct, Keith deserves more respect then many give him. Not many in this world have done/given near what he done/given. He deserves everyone's applause and attention.... esp after all the crap he has taken as far as too many predictions that he will be gone soon... people been saying that nonsense for 40 years, and yet here he is, doing what he does. It is inspirational!

Date: June 2, 2013 17:05

Max'sKansasCity
He is inspirational!

Yes he is

I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:08

Maybe they're saying "woo-woo" from Sympathy or "doo-doo-doo-doo" from Heartbreaker?

Date: June 2, 2013 17:08

with sssoul
Max'sKansasCity
He is inspirational!

Yes he is

Hallelujah !!

And as our friend Hans would say....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home