Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Help with Mick's childhood home in Dartford
Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: June 4, 2013 21:08

You can't stand the Beatles and never a fan of the Stones, wow your in the wrong place.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 4, 2013 21:09

ChezMick
crawdaddy, I got to live in the place!

Kirk, absolutely!

I completely overlooked that fact.
You are dead right.
A blue plaque on the outside wall now is deserved,but not desirable if you live there maybe. smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 4, 2013 21:13

I remember that you once said you had bought Mick's house, ChezMick. [www.iorr.org]
You know that from now on you will surely receive a lot of visitors. If I ever get back to Dartford, I will show up with a jazz record for you. grinning smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 4, 2013 21:32

You are probably the only person where it is common knowledge,(within IORR), to know where you live.

Don't worry,we will not tell anyone.

''Don't tell them your name Pike''. winking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 4, 2013 21:34

THat is amazing, must be a weird feeling knowing that Mick Jagger will have lived in the house. Was it sold with reference to the Jaggers or did you find out after you had already bought it?

Posted by: ChezMick ()
Date: June 4, 2013 22:18

Floorbird, I live in Mick Jagger's house, I reckon I am in the right place. If anything I'd have thought you'd try and convert me smiling smiley

Crawdaddy, I've already decided I do want that plaque! And no I'm not too worried about you lot knowing where I live, I'm not the one you're after winking smiley

Cristiano, nothing against visitors, I guess I have a duty as the Keeper of 'an historical building of great importance'. Watch it though, I might start issuing tickets!!!

_mice, even without being a fan or having grown up 'with the stones' Mick Jagger is huge and I believe he influenced more than just the fans' lives. Like I said, I only found out after I bought and before I moved in... I had to pinch myself spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 4, 2013 22:21

Who is sleeping in Mick's bedroom?

Date: June 4, 2013 22:29

Wow, starting to get creepy already thumbs down

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 4, 2013 22:30

ChezMick
Wow, starting to get creepy already thumbs down

Eh?

DO you know which room was Mick's?

Date: June 4, 2013 22:34

Well, that's a different question! Your guess is as good as mine.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 4, 2013 22:36

with sssoul
See if you can relate to Charlie and Keith on these while I try to think of some good homeowner ideas:

Thanks for posting this video with sssoul. I didn't know this cover by Keith. Where is it from?

Date: June 4, 2013 22:42

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 4, 2013 23:06

ChezMick

Just found the album. Thank you thumbs up

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 4, 2013 23:38

What a great, unexpected story! You know what I'd do if I were you? I'd drop Mick a line and let him know - he might just drop by if you invite him.

Date: June 5, 2013 15:25

Bliss, I know and you're right, I've thought of contacting him but I really don't have a clue on how to go about it and I'd have to wait til more work is done as it's quite messy now!

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:11

Yeah! you should invite Mick and Chris. Sure they´ll be there some time or another.
Remember some years ago, Keith did actually visit his old home in Dartford and was very nice with the owners, etc

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 5, 2013 22:05

ChezMick
Bliss, I know and you're right, I've thought of contacting him but I really don't have a clue on how to go about it and I'd have to wait til more work is done as it's quite messy now!

Just email me and I will give you a range of options.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 5, 2013 22:51

ChezMick
stonesrule, thank you, I only knew they moved to Wilmington. Do you know the address? I'd love to take a walk there in this nice weather smiling smiley
On a side note I recently got all the paperwork for the house back from the solicitors and it was amazing to see all the previous owners including Basil Jagger!

Amazing! He was the owner from when to when?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:07

[www.wilmingtonpc.kentparishes.gov.uk]

"Continue on, passing The Close, where one of Wilmington's most famous residents ,Mick Jagger,lived as a child..."

Not sure if The Close is the name of the road or the house.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:24

Maybe this can help you, feel free to ask me whatever you want, I went to Dartford 2 years ago.

[www.iorr.org]

Benjamin.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:27

ChezMick
Hi everybody,
I am busy renovating 39 Denver Road for me and my family and I am looking for 1) any ideas you may have 2) any help you may give
Thanks in advance smiling smiley

Nice place you have there (see link)

I'd put a Palm tree in the front yard with a light on it!

Also, convince the next door neighbor to put the Dish in the back yard...

[maps.google.co.uk]

Date: June 6, 2013 20:42

Thank you all, people!

Bliss, I might just do that when I'm ready!

Gotdablouse, I'll check the papers again and I'll let you know but I know Mick lived here from birth til about 11

Green Lady, The Close is actually the street. I still don't know which house!

Benstones, thank you, your post was the first I came across when I started researching 'my' house spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

2000 LYFH, is the palm tree and light a reference to something?? Not while my front garden is in a state!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:05

I found it in one of the biographies - the house in Wilmington is "Newlands" - or it was when Mick lived there. Might not be called that now.

Date: June 6, 2013 23:57

Thank you Green Lady, that's brilliant. I'll take a walk in my lunch break tomorrow and see if I can confirm :-)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 7, 2013 01:05

...hey Chez try and get ya renovations on Grand Designs ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: June 7, 2013 01:16

Wow. Have you thought of contacting Micks office somehow to invite him to see his old house?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: June 7, 2013 05:46

ChezMick
I am busy renovating 39 Denver Road for me and my family and I am looking for 1) any ideas you may have 2) any help you may give

2000 LYFH, is the palm tree and light a reference to something?? Not while my front garden is in a state!!

No Jagger reference, but there is a Keith reference so the story goes! Maybe I misunderstood you, were you asking for ideas how to fix up your house in general?

The stained glass is real nice. Is it still there?

Check out the Dartford sites here:
[home.comcast.net]

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 11:34

ChezMick, it's just a wonderful thing that you are lucky to experiment !
as a fan, I envy you.
Now, all you need is to buy Stones cds and maybe become a Rolling Stones fan.
You could try first with Black and Blue album cos there is one jazzy number called Melody.

Date: July 2, 2013 17:27

Thanks for the tips guys!

I'm carrying on with the work and I just got a nice surprise: 8 guys showed up at the door just half hour ago. Fans all the way from Argentina here for the Hyde Park concert. I didn't let them in as the wall paper is being stripped and it's a mess but I drove them all to the Central Park to see the new statue which they didn't know about!

By the way, I did watch the Glastonbury show on tv and I now understand what all the fuss is about.... they're unbelievable!! I was watching it with my woman and we were both tripping with the idea that we were watching Mick in his own lounge eye popping smiley

2000LYFH there are now two palm trees (plants) in the front garden but I still wanna know what the reference is?! And yes, stained glass is still there and we love it so it's gonna stay smiling smiley

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 17:39

Amazing !!! eye popping smiley

I didn't know this house would be on sale, i thought it would somehow be owned by a council or a museum or whatever...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1421
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home