Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Help with Mick's childhood home in Dartford
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 2, 2013 17:52

Blue plaque like this on the outside..........(it's your house).........

....you could adapt it, British or World Heritage..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-02 17:52 by EddieByword.

Posted by: ChezMick ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:01

beepee2
Amazing !!! eye popping smiley

I didn't know this house would be on sale, i thought it would somehow be owned by a council or a museum or whatever...

Tell me about it!! I had no idea either! Like it's been mentioned before the Stones' 'trail' is almost insignificant compared to, let's say, the beatles'. It's probably a good thing for the fans but for me, a non-fan-foreigner I find it quite amazing. Mick Jagger must be the most famous rocker of all time and yet I can buy his birth home unknowingly????

This is really why I'm here: I'd like to share my experience with people that actually do care. And that's why if I see someone outside my front door I like to at least welcome them and thank them for the effort smiling smiley

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:09

One day you'll probably see a limo drive by and Mick would be back for a visit... or some TV crew doing a documentary.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:19

ChezMick

This is really why I'm here: I'd like to share my experience with people that actually do care. And that's why if I see someone outside my front door I like to at least welcome them and thank them for the effort smiling smiley

With the Hyde Park concerts, you will surely receive a lot of visitors these days.
Not that everyone of them knows that your house is inhabitated now, but you can rest assured that all the folks who will come there are really the ones who care about. smiling smiley

Date: July 2, 2013 18:52

EddieByword
Blue plaque like this on the outside..........(it's your house).........

How about this....

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 2, 2013 19:57

ChezMick
EddieByword
Blue plaque like this on the outside..........(it's your house....

How about this

Perfect............

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 3, 2013 00:19

The Midnight Rambler once lived here

ROCKMAN

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: July 3, 2013 09:55

deadegad
It would have been cool if you found a stack of old Playboy magazines under the floor boards.
why not, contractors found a blow-up doll sex toy in the attic of my new house! eye popping smiley

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:01

So much for the secret...the contractors blew it.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:53

ChezMick, you sound like such a lovely person. But I have a feeling you will come to regret your hospitality, especially after Mick is no longer with us.

Date: July 3, 2013 11:00

ChezMick, are you French by any chance ?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 3, 2013 15:34

ChezMick
the wall paper is being stripped

sell the scraps on ebay

Date: July 17, 2013 15:48

Chris Jagger just paid me and the house a very unexpected visit - I love my house spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 17, 2013 17:31

Not kidding !
Did he give you more info about where the Jagger boys slept and until when they stayed there ?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 17, 2013 17:41

I think the plaque should read 'Michael Philip Jagger' I know he's universally known as 'Mick', but this is a blue plaque we're talking about.

Date: July 17, 2013 17:54

Doc
Not kidding !
Did he give you more info about where the Jagger boys slept and until when they stayed there ?

Yes, mum and dad in the front room, Mick in the back and he, as the little one, in the box room! He also stood on the original floorboards in the middle of his parents' room and declared: "I was born in this room'

He's a really nice guy and it was fascinating to hear him talking about his time here.

Date: July 17, 2013 18:07

I like historical connections like that through a specific place.

I remember reading Keith's LIFE, he was mentionning this little pub in Soho where they used to gather and rehearse on the first floor, he mentionned how he remembers Stu standing up while playing the piano to check that his bike was still chained to that lampost... that window and that lampost are still there in the street !

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: July 17, 2013 20:03

Hey ChezMick it's great to know that Mick's old house is in good hands.

I live in Dartford so may come around sometime to say hello.

Date: July 18, 2013 00:03

DartfordRenegade
Hey ChezMick it's great to know that Mick's old house is in good hands.

I live in Dartford so may come around sometime to say hello.

Yeah, maybe you can help me become a real fan! Bring some music, books? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 18, 2013 00:09

Just a thought: before I go out and get a plain one, is there anybody here that is willing to make me a Guest book? I plan to keep one in the hall for all the pilgrims :-)
I'd guess at least an A4 size, possibly bound, possibly amazing book.
The maker/supplier gets to sign the first page of a (possibly) historical document.
Thank you

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 18, 2013 00:32

beepee2
I like historical connections like that through a specific place.

I remember reading Keith's LIFE, he was mentionning this little pub in Soho where they used to gather and rehearse on the first floor, he mentionned how he remembers Stu standing up while playing the piano to check that his bike was still chained to that lampost... that window and that lampost are still there in the street !

Was the bike stolen ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 00:33 by schillid.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 18, 2013 10:09

ChezMick
Chris Jagger just paid me and the house a very unexpected visit - I love my house spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

There you go - your first Stones-related visitor!

Mick has been known to be the mystery buyer of a number of things related to himself, eg, a lock of hair, love letters, the original Blue Boys tape. So if you ever decide to sell your house, make sure you sell it at auction, and you may have a windfall.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 18, 2013 11:30

What a lovely story. Hope you have a fantastic time living in this historic house ChezMick.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 18, 2013 16:47

ChezMick
Doc
Not kidding !

Yes, mum and dad in the front room, Mick in the back and he, as the little one, in the box room! He also stood on the original floorboards in the middle of his parents' room and declared: "I was born in this room'

He's a really nice guy and it was fascinating to hear him talking about his time here.

Fascinating stuff! Who knows if his older brother might pay a visit as well some day as the word spreads...

- Doxa

Date: July 19, 2013 15:35

ChezMick

That must have been exciting for you and was very nice of him! Did you invite him to come or how did he know you were welcoming visitors? A pitty, you hadn't a guest book yet, elsewise he could have been the first to write an entry.

ChezMick
He also stood on the original floorboards in the middle of his parents' room and declared: "I was born in this room'

So he was actually born at home and not in a hospital like his brother?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-19 16:14 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home