Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: Glastonbury TV broadcast
Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: June 27, 2013 13:17

Is the Livestream from Rolling Stones Concert free? Is worldwide or just available in Great Britain?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 27, 2013 13:48

COME ON Palladia channel, don't fail us now, PPPPLLLEEAASSEE
Pretty please with sugar on top.... please show us the Stones in HD. [www.palladia.tv]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 13:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 27, 2013 14:55

streamed on BBC webpage for UK. With little knowlegde in using an UK proxy it should be easy to be watched outside UK.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 27, 2013 21:18

Full interviews etc. from the current Radio Times - this is where a lot of the quotes are coming from:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 21:19 by Green Lady.

BBC to film & air only an hr. of Stones set
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 28, 2013 01:46

BBC TO BROADCAST AN HOUR OF ROLLING STONES' GLASTONBURY SET

The Rolling Stones have settled their dispute with the BBC and are now allowing them to broadcast an hour of their set from Glastonbury festival 2013.

It was previously reported that Mick Jagger and co were in 'top level discussions' with the BBC over plans to televise their Glastonbury headline performance, and the band were unhappy with plans to broadcast their set. The Independent reported that the band were in talks with TV bosses after it emerged that the 'Gimme Shelter' rockers only gave permission for the BBC to televise their four opening songs.

Now, speaking to BBC News, festival boss Michael Eavis said: "I think they're all friends now.

"It's taken a long time to get them to come and play. Everyone wants to see the Stones, basically."

He continued: "I think Mick Jagger wanted to play to the people here, rather than a TV show," he added. "They're going to be playing for about an hour for the TV."

The Press Association claim that only those at the festival will see the band's final half hour, complete with an extravagant fireworks finale.

The Rolling Stones have settled their talks with BBC TV bosses

However, Eavis also said that he was concerned the rock icons might prove too popular for the venue, adding: "There might be a problem with the size of the crowd so it's slightly worrying for me, in a way."

As well as their appearance at Glastonbury festival on Sunday 30 June, The Rolling Stones will also perform at Hyde Park in London on 6 and 13 July, 2013.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: BBC to film & air only an hr. of Stones set
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 28, 2013 01:53

My guess would be the argument lies in the fact the Stones themselves will be releasing a tour doc. Like 4 Flicks & ABB. & Stones Inc. didn't want them to air for free what will end up on the DVD and damage sales

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 28, 2013 01:56

That's weird that The Stones would turn down the free promotion the BBC would provide in letting a larger audience watch them slay the Glastonbury crowd and basically steal the entire festival.

That comment in the article, "I think Mick Jagger wanted to play to the people here, rather than a TV show," he added. "They're going to be playing for about an hour for the TV", also doesn't make sense, because the usual Stones traveling film crew will be there anyway with pro-shots including close-ups to broadcast on the video screen, which is part of their current stage design, so they are already a live "TV show" as it is.

The fact that the band (or Mick) only would initially allow the first 4 songs, as a "teaser", suggests that they plan on releasing a film of their Glastonbury set as part of a DVD package at some point.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: June 28, 2013 02:11

Marhsall

He continued: "I think Mick Jagger wanted to play to the people here, rather than a TV show," he added. "They're going to be playing for about an hour for the TV."

The Press Association claim that only those at the festival will see the band's final half hour, complete with an extravagant fireworks finale

Will the Glastonbury audience be getting a partial refund then, since the Stones will be playing two thirds of the show for the TV, instead of them?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2013 02:21

Will it be available via the web or cable for us Yanks and other non Brits? Please.....

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 28, 2013 03:11

I don't mind missing the warhorse set!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 28, 2013 03:39

Darn, we're gonna miss the warhorse run?

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 28, 2013 14:29

jazzbass

I fear the setlist will contain more warhorses than ever since it's not a typical stones audience.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 14:36

latebloomer
Will it be available via the web or cable for us Yanks and other non Brits? Please.....

Not sure to be honest. I know in the past that the BBC has always quoted for UK customers only.

But i would be surprised if you could not get it on the web.

Good luck anyway.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 28, 2013 14:48

odean73
latebloomer

Not sure to be honest. I know in the past that the BBC has always quoted for UK customers only.

Good luck anyway.

You could use a UK-based proxy which basically means you don't connect your browser directly to the servers of the BBC. Instead you connect to the proxy machine in the UK which connects to the BBC. The BBC server then think you are in UK. Just google "web proxy".

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:03

jazzbass

Wouldnt be surprised if they move a few of them forward in the set for the benefit of the TV audiences as well as the festival audience who might start yawning if a couple of deep cuts are followed by the two new songs.

Hopefully if they do the entire band wont be on autopilot and we wont have Keith playing One More Shot while the rest of them are playing Brown Sugar.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:10

Gazza
jazzbass

Wouldnt be surprised if they move a few of them forward in the set for the benefit of the TV audiences as well as the festival audience who might start yawning if a couple of deep cuts are followed by the two new songs.

Hopefully if they do the entire band wont be on autopilot and we wont have Keith playing One More Shot while the rest of them are playing Brown Sugar.

Just spat out my yoghurt reading that.>grinning smiley<thumbs up

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:35

Here's a link to all the Beeb coverage, tv, radio and online.

It has the Stones being on BBC online from 9.30-11.45 which is the set duration unless i'm mistaken, and tv coverage starting from 10.30, which would maybe suggest not live, if we are assuming only the first hour of the set will be on tv. Would be a pleasant suprise if we could watch the whole thing live online, but i wont hold my breath!

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: June 28, 2013 16:50

firebird
odean73
latebloomer

Good luck anyway.

You could use a UK-based proxy which basically means you don't connect your browser directly to the servers of the BBC. Instead you connect to the proxy machine in the UK which connects to the BBC. The BBC server then think you are in UK. Just google "web proxy".

Thanks firebird. I'm not very tech savvy, but I did find an article on how to do web proxy thing, so maybe I'll give it a try.

Date: June 28, 2013 16:55

For those with suitable devices, there is a BBC/Glastonbury app which promises lineup information plus "live streams from six stages". As soon as my Android tablet finishes recharging I'm off to download it and see what you get...

[www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk]

Date: June 28, 2013 17:16

From today's London Evening Standard -

You can't always get what you want, Stones tell BBC in Glastonbury TV row

The Rolling Stones were today locked in negotiations with the BBC over how much of their Glastonbury set can be shown on tv - hours before they headline at the festival tomorrow night.
The band have been haggling with the broadcaster and do not expect to resolve matters today. A source close to the Stones told the Standard : "The band will decide how much will be shown tomorrow afternoon. They signed up to perform on stage - not to appear on a television programme. Glasto is not a tv show."
The Stones insist their original fee was for performing only and did not include tv rights, overseas transmissions and repeats. They relented to allow an hour of their show to be broadcast by the BBC, but the final sticking point is coverage on BBC World and repeats.
The BBC said :"The discussions with artist are absolutely business as usual. Our conversations with the Rolling Stones have been extremely constructive and are ongoing'"

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:39

Gazza
jazzbass

hehe..yes that is the big risk having Keith on stage..

Date: June 28, 2013 17:46

Green Lady
For those with suitable devices, there is a BBC/Glastonbury app which promises lineup information plus "live streams from six stages". As soon as my Android tablet finishes recharging I'm off to download it and see what you get...

[www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk]

Interesting. I've downloaded the app, and now I can indeed at the moment watch live from a choice of stages, on a screen about 2 inches square. However, one stage is sound-only with a message "we are unable to bring you this performance". It may of course be technical issues, but I hope that doesn't happen if I try to see the Stones tomorrow. Anyway, I'll have a look at Bill Wyman later on today.

Posted by: nerd1 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:03

Could you watch the Bill Wyman´s Rhythm Kings gig, Green Lady? What was it like?? smiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 28, 2013 23:23

No. Turns out they are not showing anything from the Acoustic Tent. Watched the Vaccines instead.

I think that some acts will not be available on the live stream. Dizzee Rascal isn't at the moment and another one wasn't earlier today. I don't know if this is a technical issue or the acts not allowing their set to be streamed live in full - only the officially allowed highlights on TV.

Posted by: nerd1 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:25

Thank you so much for the information, Green Lady! Sorry to bother you with this kind of questions

Date: June 28, 2013 23:28

Stop press -Dizzee Rascal is back, so maybe it is a technical issue after all.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:39

Thanks for all the info Green Lady on this thread. I'm over in Spain and got all the BBC channels,but no i-player.
It's gonna be a great Glastonbury. winking smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:40

So far I have confirmed that the live stream does not work from bbc.com on a US PC or the official Glastonbury app from my i phone

What's an American to do? Guess I will have to try that web proxy thing at some point....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-28 23:41 by lettingitbleed.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:45

According to the BBC website, the England schedule for BBC2 is a broadcast of the concert. The BBC 2 program will begin at 22:30, one hour after the start of the concert.

With the 1 hour delay, they will probably show edited parts of the concert.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: June 29, 2013 00:02

lettingitbleed
So far I have confirmed that the live stream does not work from bbc.com on a US PC or the official Glastonbury app from my i phone

What's an American to do? Guess I will have to try that web proxy thing at some point....

Let us all know if you figure it out lettingitbleed, the Americans are counting on you!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home