Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Glastonbury TV broadcast
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 7, 2013 12:25

Finally have my Glastonbury ticket in hand...huge excitement in the Mouse Hole this morning...even the weather isn't looking too bad, well in relative terms, my good friend who works for a national weather org is saying at the moment it is looking like a mixture, with warmish dry days until the saturday when there might be an odd shower. He did add that at this stage confidence is low and it could change either way, but is still saying it won't be a wash out like 2011! I'll take wellies whatever the forecast, once went with just trainers cos the weather was forecast to be dry and it pissed it down and I had to buy some wellies on site.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 9, 2013 15:33

crumbling_mice
Finally have my Glastonbury ticket in hand...huge excitement in the Mouse Hole this morning...even the weather isn't looking too bad, well in relative terms, my good friend who works for a national weather org is saying at the moment it is looking like a mixture, with warmish dry days until the saturday when there might be an odd shower. He did add that at this stage confidence is low and it could change either way, but is still saying it won't be a wash out like 2011! I'll take wellies whatever the forecast, once went with just trainers cos the weather was forecast to be dry and it pissed it down and I had to buy some wellies on site.

Aha .......... a discussion about the great British weather. Look, the pundits might say this, they might say that, but at the end of the day, let us not forget that this is ENGLAND in the SUMMER we're talking about here !! In other words ...... F***ING RISKY. Just follow the advice I gave BV, take "waterproof" versions of absolutely everything, including a ferocious dog who has undergone specific training to chomp people who don't like the Rolling Stones and who will just be cluttering up the place and spoiling it all for those to DO !!

Say, has there been any further news about the outcome of these discussions between the BBC and sir Brenda about the televising of the Stones' Glastonbury performance ? I've not read anything more on the subject. Anyone ......... ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-09 15:34 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 9, 2013 15:49

IMO - I don't think there will be live broadcast. The weather is not a factor unless there is lightning. In other words, it will be broadcasted on Palladia down the road- unfortunately, I'm saying at least a year.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 9, 2013 19:45

BBC coverage is gonna be good as usual,if they have the go ahead from the big name bands to show it live.
Let's hope Mick sees sense.
For us not in UK, having access to BBC 1,2,3 and 4 should be fine for Glastonbury.
I'm in Spain then,and watching it over there. winking smiley

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 9, 2013 19:50

I've got a feeling that they are really going to go to town this year and do it like they did the Olympics, with lots of extra coverage on the red button services. Should be good.

Date: June 10, 2013 13:43

paulywaul
crumbling_mice

Aha .......... a discussion about the great British weather. Look, the pundits might say this, they might say that, but at the end of the day, let us not forget that this is ENGLAND in the SUMMER we're talking about here !! In other words ...... F***ING RISKY. Just follow the advice I gave BV, take "waterproof" versions of absolutely everything, including a ferocious dog who has undergone specific training to chomp people who don't like the Rolling Stones and who will just be cluttering up the place and spoiling it all for those who DO !!

Say, has there been any further news about the outcome of these discussions between the BBC and sir Brenda about the televising of the Stones' Glastonbury performance ? I've not read anything more on the subject. Anyone ......... ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 10, 2013 14:20

Green Lady
I've got a feeling that they are really going to go to town this year and do it like they did the Olympics, with lots of extra coverage on the red button services. Should be good.

Probably. They usually do a great job. Which makes the decision of the headliner to chicken out of allowing more than about 20 minutes of their set broadcast in case they look bad in front of millions of people who wouldnt be buying tickets for their shows anyway stick out like a sore thumb.

Awful decision by the Stones. Thats some legacy theyre leaving. Generate as much cash as you can but in the process do things like stopping making new music, making your shows unaffordable and blocking TV coverage of your biggest gigs to make sure as little of the wider public get the chance to be turned on by your music as possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-10 14:21 by Gazza.

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: June 10, 2013 14:33

Gazza
Green Lady

Probably. They usually do a great job. Which makes the decision of the headliner to chicken out of allowing more than about 20 minutes of their set broadcast in case they look bad in front of millions of people who wouldnt be buying tickets for their shows anyway stick out like a sore thumb.

Awful decision by the Stones. Thats some legacy theyre leaving. Generate as much cash as you can but in the process do things like stopping making new music, making your shows unaffordable and blocking TV coverage of your biggest gigs to make sure as little of the wider public get the chance to be turned on by your music as possible.

Completely agree Gazza. I really don't think they are aware of how much PR will backlash on them through the press etc...or they do and they don't give a F*&k...probably the latter.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 10, 2013 15:21

Gazza
Green Lady

welcome back Gazza!!!!!!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 10, 2013 15:24

TheGreek
Gazza
Green Lady

welcome back Gazza!!!!!!!

Yes _ I just did a double-take when I saw who was quoting my post. Nice to see you again.

Date: June 10, 2013 15:57

Good to see you Gazza. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 10, 2013 16:09

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: June 13, 2013 10:57

crawdaddy
BBC coverage is gonna be good as usual,if they have the go ahead from the big name bands to show it live.
Let's hope Mick sees sense.
For us not in UK, having access to BBC 1,2,3 and 4 should be fine for Glastonbury.
I'm in Spain then,and watching it over there. winking smiley

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Looks impressive enough, but the key question is (as regards the Stones) .... how did these discussions between Jagger and the BBC conclude ? The last time I read anything on the subject, the state of play was that Jagger was digging his heels in and limiting the Stones' television "exposure" to just the first four songs of their set, and I've not heard a thing since then. There were discussions apparently, does anyone know what the outcome of those discussions was ?

Date: June 13, 2013 13:05

Just noticed a better link. winking smiley

Glastonbury

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 14:06

Hasn't he gotten enough of our money over the years???? This is stupid - give back to the fans once in a while Mick. Who cares anyway, all we're going to hear is Brown Sugar and Satisfaction for the billionth time - these old guys are lucky Glastonbury invited them.

Latest with Glastonbury BBC Coverage
Date: June 17, 2013 13:22

Please can anyone update us all on this? There has been little or no mention of a resolution after the discussion with Mick Jagger and the BBC weeks ago, and the gig is less than 2 weeks away?

I hope they don't make a huge error and blackout the show. It will piss off the whole nation and make them look like money grabbing, past it w@"nkers

Re: Latest with Glastonbury BBC Coverage
Date: June 17, 2013 13:44

Juniorjackflash
Please can anyone update us all on this? There has been little or no mention of a resolution after the discussion with Mick Jagger and the BBC weeks ago, and the gig is less than 2 weeks away?

I hope they don't make a huge error and blackout the show. It will piss off the whole nation and make them look like money grabbing, past it w@"nkers

Good question. I've been asking precisely the same, and not come up with a single answer. I really really really hope they just behave like normal human beings and as a consequence we get decent BBC TV coverage of their performance, instead of continuing with this insane level of control freakery that they are prone to exhibiting ...........

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 17, 2013 15:41

They've just announced the timings for Glasto - Stones playing for 2hr 15mins minutes.

SaturdayTHE ROLLING STONES21:30 - 23:45PRIMAL SCREAM19:00 - 20:00ELVIS COSTELLO17:15 - 18:30BEN HOWARD15:30 - 16:30LAURA MVULA14:00 - 14:45BILLY BRAGG12:30 - 13:30

[www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-17 22:03 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 15:45

The stones are playing for more than 90 minutes - 2 hours 15 mins on the official listing

The 90 minute gap is between them and Primal Scream

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 17, 2013 15:46

Silver Dagger
They've just announced the timings for Glasto - Stones playing for 90 minutes.

SaturdayTHE ROLLING STONES21:30 - 23:45PRIMAL SCREAM19:00 - 20:00ELVIS COSTELLO17:15 - 18:30BEN HOWARD15:30 - 16:30LAURA MVULA14:00 - 14:45BILLY BRAGG12:30 - 13:30

[www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk]

That's actually 2h15m, standard set length on this tour.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: June 17, 2013 16:21

Any Info about a Full Broadcast ?

Date: June 17, 2013 19:19

Id be very surprised if they broadcast the full set. Jagged will want to sell some or all of it at some point im sure. Hope they do though, being there I will probably miss much of what goes on on the stage!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:53

crumbling_mice
being there I will probably miss much of what goes on on the stage!

Yeah, but you will be there. Have a great time, mate.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 17, 2013 21:55

Get there for Elvis,
Should be one and a quarter hours of high energy,spontaneous music.
Primal Scream OK but the main act should play until they feel like dropping,and remember it as a real great gig. winking smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 22:01

Macca only allowed the first hour of his Bonnaroo performance last Friday night to be streamed.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:50

I need to go from Bristol airport to Glastonbury town centre first...by bus?

Date: June 18, 2013 00:05

Thanks Hansie!

Harm - do you have to go to Glastonbury town first? You can get a shuttle bus from Bristol direct to the festival if I remember correctly. THe festival is a few miles further up the road than Glastonbury Town.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 18, 2013 00:16

crumbling_mice
Thanks Hansie!

Harm - do you have to go to Glastonbury town first? You can get a shuttle bus from Bristol direct to the festival if I remember correctly. THe festival is a few miles further up the road than Glastonbury Town.

Yes, I need to go to the B&B first...thanks for the help though

Date: June 18, 2013 00:20

Harm
crumbling_mice
Thanks Hansie!

Yes, I need to go to the B&B first...thanks for the help though

Ah, I see. Lucky you !

Date: June 18, 2013 01:23

anyone with anymore information?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home