Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Special Guests
Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:12

Why are they limited to contemporary pop artists? Why not have Casey Anthony, Donald Trump, Pauly D or Honey Boo Boo sit in? I just don't get the choices. What gives with this limited thinking?

Re: Special Guests
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:14

Taj Mahal contemporary?

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:06

Taj Mahal pop??

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 19:00

Taj was a kick ass choice. What more would you want?

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 29, 2013 19:21

filstan
Taj was a kick ass choice. What more would you want?

Amanda Bynes

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 29, 2013 19:48

special guests are getting a little passe

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 29, 2013 19:58

Spodlumt
Why are they limited to contemporary pop artists? Why not have Casey Anthony, Donald Trump, Pauly D or Honey Boo Boo sit in? I just don't get the choices. What gives with this limited thinking?

"Life", Dictatorship, and the Pursuit of Relevancy...

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: May 29, 2013 20:00

If there are special guests every night don't they cease to be special and simply become guests?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 29, 2013 20:11

Tom Waits, contemporary?

Posted by: fingerlickz ()
Date: May 29, 2013 22:16

This was posted yesterday on Ultimate Classic Rock.

THE ROLLING STONES IN CONCERT: BEST SPECIAL GUESTS:

SPECIAL GUESTS

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 29, 2013 22:23

Part of what makes seeing The Rolling Stones live such a great experience.

From Tina Turner to Lady Gaga to Taj Mahal and Buddy Guy..
Never know who will play on ONE song!

LOVE seeing Mick sing and play with the Katy Perry's of the world.

It's a gas gas gas.

Posted by: gtrplyr ()
Date: May 29, 2013 22:42

Spodlumt

I don't think it's limited thinking, and not all the guests have been contemporary OR pop. It could be a marketing ploy, it could be that they like to play with people that their audience wouldn't expect. It could also be that they've already played with most of their peers and want to jam with some new people. It might just be who is in town.

We won't ever really know what the thinking process is. Quite frankly, its 5 minutes of a 2-hour show and I think people are making way too big a deal about it.

*shrug*

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 29, 2013 23:47

Disclaimer: This is not a negative post & I fully welcome anyone who'd like to prove me wrong or put up their votes...

Now:
At least for this tour and some of the PPV's, was Taj Mahal's guesting with the band the first time that the guest may have known the song BETTER than the Stones themselves? I wasn't at the show sad smiley and unfortunately have only the short video that's been posted here to go by but when the song ended, Taj didn't seem to have ANY doubt about how it was going to end. He wasn't looking for signals and just played it out. I know when Clapton & Beck sit in they seem to be more in their element than some of the other guests (possibly because they're not singing) but Taj just seemed to have a relaxed confidence that I haven't noticed in a while. Hadn't thought of it before but I would love to see Ronnie, Keith & Taj on a porch somewhere just playing anything that jumped to their minds! Might manage to erase the memory of K&R w/ Dylan @ Live Aid if I could overwrite it with Taj in Dylan's place.

Anyone else pick up on this or have other prespectives?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 30, 2013 00:22

Taj Mahal goes waaaay back with the Stones...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 30, 2013 00:23

Ken Dodd.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 30, 2013 00:28

gtrplyr
I don't think it's limited thinking, and not all the guests have been contemporary OR pop. It could be a marketing ploy, it could be that they like to play with people that their audience wouldn't expect.

Is it bad that we're now expecting what we weren't expecting before? Is that bad?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home