Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chris Jagger
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 25, 2013 22:26

Mick's brother Chris is also a musician, what is really surprising to me is that he had to even drive a taxi to support himself:

[www.independent.co.uk]

I don't think that Mick should support his brother directly financially but couldn't he arrange some work to him, WTF???

What kind of relationship is between them???

Re: Chris Jagger
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 26, 2013 00:31

Pride man, good old fashioned pride.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 26, 2013 00:34

AFAIK, Mick is close to his brother. I read that the RS office was sending him money in India. But I certainly agree with rollingon that Mick could easily have set his brother up in business, especially as he had five children to support.

For those not in the UK, 'painting and decorating' means painting houses and wallpapering.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 00:38

that's from '04!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 26, 2013 00:41

surprising to me is that he had to even drive a taxi to support himself:

.... No Big Deal ... just another way to pick-up chicks

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 26, 2013 02:01

I thought Mick said his brother was caretaking Stargroves for him? At one point, anyway.

Marianne Faithfull didn't have kind words for CJ in her book, but that's obviously a very subjective view.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 26, 2013 02:08

Chris is a great guy, fine musician and writer.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 26, 2013 02:13

what about the other jagger brother, dean? how come nobody talks about him?

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: May 26, 2013 02:38

He's given credit for art direction or layout or something for one tour's program book.

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: May 26, 2013 02:55

GRNRBITW
what about the other jagger brother, dean? how come nobody talks about him?

Very funny post. You and MunichHilton are funniest posters on this site

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 26, 2013 03:06

blivet
He's given credit for art direction or layout or something for one tour's program book.

He also got credited for "literary edition" (from the top of my head) for some "Steel Wheels" tracks, "Blinded By Love" ? Looks like Mick was trying to help, but yes, it shouldn't have been too hard to give him some kind of job in the Stones's organization...

So what did Marianne have to say about him?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 26, 2013 03:35

Do we need this thread? I meself has been in the position to have to drive a taxi. I didn`t pass the final driving lesson. All in all, I don`t regret it. All the different "variables" at the taxameter were a real heck.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 26, 2013 05:41

3rd guitar player perhaps?

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:45

I seem to remember Chris as being quite handsome when he was young. Certainly not the case now.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 26, 2013 09:09

Yes, I remember him having a record out and having quite a following for a short while (meaning, also pinup pics in girls' magazines!). Haven't seen a picture of him for years now though.

gotdablouse

Loudmouth bully, basically. (Her opinion, obviously.) Got canned from some film she was working on--no details, though.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: May 26, 2013 09:31

C'mon Mick, give your brother a job...winking smiley

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:30

Yes, Mick is very close to Chris. I have spoken Chris many times an don't say a bad word about Mick to Chris.

Date: May 26, 2013 11:05

Thanks a lot - steffiestones - for this great and wonderful photo.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:21

steffiestones
Yes, Mick is very close to Chris. I have spoken Chris many times an don't say a bad word about Mick to Chris.

now we know who had the looks in the family! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: lickedlady1966 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 14:00

Chris is a very nice guy. I have attended many shows of his band Atcha - and will hopefully see some more - here in Germany and also in the UK. We always had a good time at the concerts.
Does anyone know when the new CD that should have been released a year ago will be out?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 26, 2013 14:58

Aquamarine
Yes, I remember him having a record out and having quite a following for a short while (meaning, also pinup pics in girls' magazines!). Haven't seen a picture of him for years now though.

gotdablouse

Loudmouth bully, basically. (Her opinion, obviously.) Got canned from some film she was working on--no details, though.

Thanks, seems odd based on his profile over the years, but who knows...

Nice picture, looks like Mick got his mum's hair...

Date: May 26, 2013 15:16

gotdablouse
Aquamarine

gotdablouse

Thanks, seems odd based on his profile over the years, but who knows...

Nice picture, looks like Mick got his mum's hair...

I have read that Mick is really bald or there has been hair implants,
I'm not sure if that's true and I don't even care for that matter.

I have read that even Keith could have him made hair implants and also botox treatment, well who knows...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 26, 2013 15:32

rollingon

Then why did you mention it? confused smiley

Date: May 26, 2013 15:40

Koen
rollingon

Then why did you mention it? confused smiley

Just because there was a comment about Mick having got his mum's hair...But maybe that's true.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 26, 2013 16:37

owlbynite
steffiestones

now we know who had the looks in the family! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

dean

Posted by: Fanfan ()
Date: May 26, 2013 23:11

lickedlady1966
Chris is a very nice guy. I have attended many shows of his band Atcha - and will hopefully see some more - here in Germany and also in the UK. We always had a good time at the concerts.
Does anyone know when the new CD that should have been released a year ago will be out?

Yes, I confirm : I've known Chris for over two years and he's very nice ! I regularly do the trip from France to go to his gigs in England (and sometimes in Germany or even Spain) and, this month, I've been following the French tour (I'm already looking forward to the second part, in September).

As the brothers get on well, there's no doubt that Mick would help ; but I know that Chris hardly accepts any kind of help as he doesn't want to be indebted to anyone.

Last year, I was so upset when reading on Chris's website that the release of the new CD had been postponed for a lack of funds that I started a fundraising to help in the mastering process (GoFundMe). Now, it shouldn't be too long before "Concertina Jack" comes out.

PS :
If you also like Chris's music, feel free to join our Facebook group and to subscribe to my new Youtube channel, exclusively dedicated to his music (live recordings made by myself).

London (England), 2nd March 2011 - With Charlie Hart -

Madrid (Spain), 20th January 2013

Strasbourg (France), 2nd May 2013

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: May 26, 2013 23:34

Place: British Residence, Belgrade< Serbia
Time: 19. 07 2012.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home