Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick, add a couple of songs from the last four albums, and the shows will be perfect!
Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: May 24, 2013 16:27

Love is strong, Out of Tears, Out of Control, Saint of Me, Rough Justice.. a couple of this thrown in would make the shows even better....you´ve got to show a little more of the second 25 years of the band too!smiling smiley thank you!

Re: Mick, add a couple of songs from the last four albums, and the shows will be perfect!
Date: May 24, 2013 21:40

I agree. It's ridiculous that they continually ignore any post-1981 work once it's only a few years old. Even if each night they just did THREE songs from the post 1981 era, say "Out Of Tears," "Out Of Control" and "Laugh I Nearly Died," it'd be great. Toss in "Dirty Work," their angriest, most frenzied song ever, and I'd be quite happy.

Re: Mick, add a couple of songs from the last four albums, and the shows will be perfect!
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:45

We could get Don Was and Matt Clifford as guests, on strap-on keyboards. Maybe it'll creat the same excitement as on 2nd Anaheim

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:45

I would argue it's no great loss.

There's loads from the gold and silver ages they could choose from.

Come on... we all know it...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:46

Would be happy if they did TPIE, OOC, LIS and ME....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:49

GravityBoy

100% agree. With the sheer number of classic 1968-1981 songs that they still haven't played, why bother with sub-par Vegas stuff. The Stones, themselves, don't even want to play disposable meaningless forgettable music.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:54

One minute we are berating them for being a Vegas nostalgia act, and the next we are saying that we don't want to hear anything since the "golden era".

I don't know what they are supposed to do to please us.

For the record, I'd like to hear them have a go at something from the last four albums that isn't You Got Me Rocking (though I do enjoy that live - on a good night the guitars snarl at each other very nicely).

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:58

If you had to choose the best 5 Stones albums I would guess that 99% would not include an album post 1981.

Just a hunch.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:58

Green Lady

i don't wanna be pleased, please....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 24, 2013 22:02

GRNRBITW
Green Lady

Oh no. I forgot. We don't want No Satisfaction.

Date: May 24, 2013 22:07

Green Lady
GRNRBITW
Green Lady

Oh no. I forgot. We don't want No Satisfaction.

but, on a very serious note....how can the already greatest tour in rock history be improved upon? that doesn't seem feasible....

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 24, 2013 22:08

GravityBoy

I guess that's because stuff from the bronze age sounds to "tinny" on the albums.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 24, 2013 22:11

no reason why at least one quarter of the set cant be post 1981.

they do around 22 songs.

why not reduce the late 60,s set.

and break it down as such.

1963-67 era. around 5 songs.

1968-72 era. around 7 songs.

1973-80 era. around 4 songs.

this leaves 6 from 1981 onwards.

this could be rotated and not the same every gig.

they could easily choose from

start me up
waiting on a friend
black limo
hang fire
little t and a
she was hot
almost hear you sigh
high wire
love is strong
the worst
brand new car
already over me
like a rolling stone
laugh i nearly died
rough justice
infamy
this place is empty
rainfall down
plundered my soul
doom and gloom

no out of control and no saint of me.

ever again.

Date: May 24, 2013 22:13

dedospegajosos
Love is strong, Out of Tears, Out of Control, Saint of Me, Rough Justice.. a couple of this thrown in would make the shows even better....you´ve got to show a little more of the second 25 years of the band too!smiling smiley thank you!

Sorry, but Mick doesn't want to offend the girlfriend that is going to dump her boyfriend if they don't play Honky Tonk Woman.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: May 24, 2013 22:15

Sure She Was hot, Too Tough, All The Way Down, Undercover, Love Is Strong, Baby Break It Down, Brand New Car, Sparks Will Fly, Out OF Control, Saint Of Me, Flip The Switch, Out Of Tears, Too Tight, One Hit, Had It With you, Sleep Tonight, Gunface / Might As Well Get Juiced both "retro style not techno", Rock & Hard Place, Mixed Emotions, Terrifying, Hearts For Sale, For your Precious Love, Cook Cook blues, Think I'm going Mad, The Storm, Honest Man, Under The Radar, Don't Stop, Let Me Down Slow, Jump On Top Of Me, Almost Hear You Sigh, Dangerous Beauty, Rough Justice, It Won't Take Long, Back Of My Hand, Laugh I Nearly Died, Fancyman Blues.. Can do 3-4 of these less slick & more bluesy... Interpret like Mr Dylan "Not just ... "like the record".. Plenty of modern good tracks... MEZ

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 03:46 by The Mez.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 24, 2013 23:23

As much as I/we bang on this era, a couple of songs is reasonable. When speaking of the Vegas era, I thought there are a few songs that have potential. They have played YGMR to death, maybe LIS or IGW from VL? Undercover works live.......mix in an RJ...maybe FTS, or what have you.....I beleive the EFFORT would be appreciated.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:40

That's the kind of perfection I can live without.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 25, 2013 05:01

GravityBoy
If you had to choose the best 5 Stones albums I would guess that 99% would not include an album post 1981.

Just a hunch.

I know I wouldn't. Might not even make top 10?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 25, 2013 05:09

dedospegajosos

I'd bet if that Mick would wrap his arms around some of his later great songs, that people would too... but he walks a tight rope of holding this altogether, trying to keep everyone happy and interested and buying tickets... and he does a damned good job at that. I am amazed at what a great rock and roller he is. Doing what Jagger does is no small feat, at any age.

Green Lady
One minute we are berating them for being a Vegas nostalgia act, and the next we are saying that we don't want to hear anything since the "golden era".

For the record, I'd like to hear them have a go at something from the last four albums that isn't You Got Me Rocking (though I do enjoy that live - on a good night the guitars snarl at each other very nicely).

thumbs up You are correct Ma'am, as usual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 05:12 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 25, 2013 05:37

I'd like to hear LIND.

Date: May 25, 2013 06:27

I'd like to add that it was AWESOME when they stopped playing "Satisfaction" altogether on the No Security tour. I don't really feel they need to play that one, "Tumbling Dice," "Honky Tonk Women," "Sympathy" or "IORR" ever again. It's understandable that they feel there are some "musts," those including "Gimme Shelter," "Paint It Black," "Flash," "Brown Sugar," "Start Me Up" and "Miss You" (yes, "MISS YOU," I'm not a disco-influenced-Stones naysayer in the slightest and without this song there wouldn't even BE a Stones today, AND it's an awesome song, AND it's ridiculous that it's EVER dismissed as "disco" considering it's a flat-out ROCK song that is SLOWER than any actual disco song of the era whose only connection to disco is the bass line and drum part--that is to say, it was INFLUENCED by disco but is the STONES thru and thru). That said, we don't need 12 "musts" in a set, we just don't. Replace those with a few early 70s obscure classics like "Sway," "Dancing With Mr. D," "Ventilator Blues" and "100 Years Ago" and add three songs from the post 1981 era, say "Dirty Work," "Out Of Control" and "Laugh I Nearly Died" or "Rough Justice" from ABB and it'd be a pretty killer, inclusive set. It's also lame that they're entirely ignoring Black And Blue on this tour . . . "Memory Motel," "Hot Stuff," "Crazy Mama" and "Fool To Cry" work great live, and at least ONE of those would be great to hear. No need to bring back "Angie" though . . . That's the worst song on my favorite Stones album! grinning smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 25, 2013 11:58

The problem ofcourse is that everyone has his own favorites and non favorite songs.

You like Paint it black and Miss you life, I don't. It's too much on automatic pilot for me. Even Gimme shelter becomes a little bit tired to hear it every concert.
I also never understood why they have to play Tumblin' Dice at every concert, it even wasn't one of their greatest hits! Most of the time non-Stonesfans even don't know that number very well.

For me Start me up! and JJF are two of the greatest live numbers and have to be in every concert. Satisfaction is their most famous song, they have to do that one either. I also miss Streetfighting men alot, I wish they would that one more life.

Post'81 songs I realy like to hear again are One hit to the body (with that cool -machinegun like- guitarriff) and She was hot!
From ABB She saw me coming and Under the Radar would be nice to hear life.

But, hee, these are just my preferences, like a million other fans have different ones.

Date: May 25, 2013 12:20

71Tele
That's the kind of perfection I can live without.

I found and purchased a cheap used copy of The Biggest Bang dvd set. I realized I need to rethink everything......I have been in a ten year sleep on the Stones.......wow.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:05

I would love it if they play a lot of Voodoo bridges and ABB songs. Of course they play You got me rocking regularly...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:18

I think they are afraid of not pleasing the audience. For the life of me, I can't imagine that they play these late-60s-songs because they want to. What musicians often do in such a case is to play a medley.

Personally, I'd like to hear It Won't Take Long. But that's just me.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:51

No "Out Of Control" and "Saint Of Me", please! - And no "Rough Justice" for that matter!

Date: May 25, 2013 15:32

noughties
No "Out Of Control" and "Saint Of Me", please! - And no "Rough Justice" for that matter!

I was all for RJ, until I heard it on the Biggest Bang dvd. How the hell did Keith manage to castrate what could have been a classic intro?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:20

GravityBoy

The OP was written from the perspective of a fan of the band's entire career, and someone who would like the 50 and Counting tour to include songs from 50 years,not 10.

Yeah, they could put together a great set of songs from only the first 8 years. Call it the 8 Years of Work 42 Years of Coasting Tour. I guess that's what you want.

There are people who like a lot of the later songs, come on, we all know it.

Date: May 25, 2013 16:24

Rokyfan
There are people who like a lot of the later songs, come on, we all know it.

real, live, breathing people? where???

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 25, 2013 17:21

I'm not complaining because I absolutely love the two news songs. In one of the early shows—before I saw them—they only did one of them, and in other shows both. (And at that Echoplex, neither.) I was bracing for them doing only one when I saw them. But I was thrilled they did both Doom and Gloom and One More Shot in Anaheim, both nights I saw them. (I know both songs well enough I was happily mouthing most of the words along with Mick.)

P.S. when I play and sing Doom and Gloom myself it calls for an aggressive vocal with lots of lyrics and lots of syllables sung fairly fast, and it's not the easiest song to sing. Mick did a great job with it both nights I saw him—and playing guitar at the same time—and obviously that was only a small part of an energetic show both nights . He's great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 17:25 by Title5Take1.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home