Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick, add a couple of songs from the last four albums, and the shows will be perfect!
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 25, 2013 20:43

Rokyfan
GravityBoy
I would argue it's no great loss.

There's loads from the gold and silver ages they could choose from.

Come on... we all know it...
The OP was written from the perspective of a fan of the band's entire career, and someone who would like the 50 and Counting tour to include songs from 50 years,not 10.

Yeah, they could put together a great set of songs from only the first 8 years. Call it the 8 Years of Work 42 Years of Coasting Tour. I guess that's what you want.

There are people who like a lot of the later songs, come on, we all know it.

Maybe.. but if this was my desert island concert it would be 63 to 81 and nothing else because the earlier stuff is miles better than the later stuff.

We all know it.

Re: Mick, add a couple of songs from the last four albums, and the shows will be perfect!
Date: May 25, 2013 21:02

GRNRBITW
Rokyfan

real, live, breathing people? where???

Right here!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 25, 2013 21:10

CanYouHearTheMusic
GRNRBITW
Rokyfan

real, live, breathing people? where???

Right here!

let me see you breathe before i just accept this as fact....

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 25, 2013 21:18

Mick, add a couple of songs from the last four albums, and the shows will be perfect!

One of them being Suck on the Jugular

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 25, 2013 21:30

They could play a couple of concerts containing only post 81 - material, this would be quite refreshing though I'm the biggest fan of 69-72 era myself. Maybe two encore songs at the end from the earlier albums so that people wouldn't demand their money back!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 25, 2013 22:46

I wouldn't expect anything from VL, B2B, or ABB, but most of their neglected 80s singles were legitimate hits.

Harlem Shuffle and Mixed Emotions were both Top 5. Undercover of the Night was Top 10. Hang Fire, Going To A Go-Go, and Rock And A Hard Place were all Top 25. One Hit (To The Body) was Top 30.

I realize they've pulled Undercover out a few times, but playing any of those songs would've been justified during the Cohl era of tours. Of course, it took the band 33 years to play Emotional Rescue- a #3 single and their second biggest hit of the decade- so clearly Mick just didn't want to revisit that particular era.

Date: May 25, 2013 23:55

cirrhosis
I wouldn't expect anything from VL, B2B, or ABB, but most of their neglected 80s singles were legitimate hits.

Harlem Shuffle and Mixed Emotions were both Top 5. Undercover of the Night was Top 10. Hang Fire, Going To A Go-Go, and Rock And A Hard Place were all Top 25. One Hit (To The Body) was Top 30.

I realize they've pulled Undercover out a few times, but playing any of those songs would've been justified during the Cohl era of tours. Of course, it took the band 33 years to play Emotional Rescue- a #3 single and their second biggest hit of the decade- so clearly Mick just didn't want to revisit that particular era.

there was nothing anyone could say or do to change his mind, either

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 26, 2013 00:17

It really would be more complete to throw in Love Is Strong, Mixed Emotions, Out of Control/Saint of Me/ASMB?, Rain Fall Down/Under the Radar to go with the new 2 songs. A lot of Stones fans grew up when these were out. Frankly, I don't know why they always seem to drop new songs right after that album's tour. They've been needlessly 'drowning their young' for the last 30 years.

Date: May 26, 2013 00:18

winter
Frankly, I don't know why they always seem to drop new songs right after that album's tour.

it would be so much easier to never have played them at all...i see your point.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 26, 2013 00:24

GRNRBITW
winter
Frankly, I don't know why they always seem to drop new songs right after that album's tour.

Not really. They should be the new warhorses. It seems the only song that got that chance to be played alot was the ill-chosen YGMR.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 26, 2013 01:04

winter
They've been needlessly 'drowning their young' for the last 30 years.

I'm surprised Mick never used them to pad out the setlist a little more, if only to remind everyone just how many hit singles they've actually had. They certainly don't mind doing this when it comes time to repackage the discography every few years.

Date: May 26, 2013 01:06

winter
GRNRBITW
winter

Not really. They should be the new warhorses. It seems the only song that got that chance to be played alot was the ill-chosen YGMR.

they're not even good enough to be skirmish ponies

(ok, that was bad...but point taken?)

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 26, 2013 03:38

When it comes to hit singles, The Stones are way superior to, say David Bowie.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: May 27, 2013 18:55

Or how about Back Of My Hand with Mick Taylor?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 27, 2013 23:05

Gimme Salt of the Earth and Moonlight Mike and call me happy.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 970
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home